Forums Kongregate

Badges on Unity Games! Orly? page 4

108 posts

Flag Post

This is great! Now all we need is some badges for Begone: Guerra, and that will be sick :P

Flag Post

I find that pretty annoying.

In Unity games, the chat doesn’t start for me, it keeps on loading, and technically, because it can’t open, I can’t also take the badges, I tried getting to some high levels, I did, and got nothing.

Flag Post

Strange how Unity games can have badges, but who cares :P

Flag Post
Originally posted by Maik50:

As a windows user there is one thing I’d like to say: More unity badges. 3D fascinates people

In return for stupendous lag? It isn’t fascinating enough for that.

Flag Post

I do have to say, this Accelerator game is quite laggy for me, making the hard badge annoying to get. None of the other games though have been.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jeimuzu185:

I do have to say, this Accelerator game is quite laggy for me, making the hard badge annoying to get. None of the other games though have been.

^ I have the same problem. It skips frames a bit.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SamsterSamster:

Have you guys tried turning down the graphics in the options menu? I know it doesn’t seem like much but it eliminated the skipped frames for me.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BlackBone:

Have you guys tried turning down the graphics in the options menu?

I did, it got worse later on to the point of being unplayable. I had to switch laptops to get the hard badge. It looks like the longer you play it, the more it lags, I don’t know if that’s true or not, it just looked like it to me.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BlackBone:

Have you guys tried turning down the graphics in the options menu?

I did, it got worse later on to the point of being unplayable. I had to switch laptops to get the hard badge. It looks like the longer you play it, the more it lags, I don’t know if that’s true or not, it just looked like it to me.

YES. It gets laggier and laggier for me. I also had to switch laptops to get the badges, seeing as it was looking too much derpy. Like… This:

Flag Post
Originally posted by asmodous:
Originally posted by Maik50:

As a windows user there is one thing I’d like to say: More unity badges. 3D fascinates people

In return for stupendous lag? It isn’t fascinating enough for that.

Well, I haven’t experienced any kind of lag in Unity games. To prevent lag, I’d recommend turning your graphics quality settings to minimum

Flag Post

Make badges for CarbonCombat please it is really good Unity game, best multiplayer Unity game ever!!!!

Flag Post

Didn’t really want to make a new thread for this – so I’ll just ask here. I was playing Unity games fine up until today, and now the Unity screen loads but then the game screen is blank. Does anybody know what I should do to fix this? Thank you :3

Flag Post

i dislike the unity flashplayer games

they make my computer overheat

Flag Post

I dual-boot Windows and Linux. It’s a piece of cake people.. do it NAO
@Neomonster I think you have a duff graphics card

Flag Post
Originally posted by rawismojo:

Secondly, we currently don’t have any plans on making any challenges, time-limited quests, or badges of the day associated with games that run on Unity.

when did this change then? i see a unity badge of the day up right now, and a hard one to boot

Flag Post

This isn’t a change in policy as much as just an oversight in scheduling BotD’s. We’re not going to be including Unity games on the regular BotD rotation, and this was just a fluke our system for scheduling games for BotD. Sorry!

Flag Post

fair enough, thanks for the reply,

Flag Post

Here’s a little update on this front for everyone:

So recently we had another Unity game slip by and end up as BotD. This sparked an internal discussion and the state of Unity games on the site has changed pretty dramatically since we started supporting the plugin 2 years ago or when we started adding badges on Unity games a year ago. An impressive amount of users on the site have the plugin and the quantity and quality of games using the Unity plugin is steadily increasing over time without any real signs of going the way of the majestic dodo. So we’re making the slight change in policy to include games that use the Unity plugin in time-sensitive promotions such as BotD, challenges, quests, etc. I know some people are going to be sad or upset about it, but it’s really just a natural progression of things, as the previous policy prevented us from using some truly awesome games in different events and promotions. I wouldn’t take this as a sign that we’re suddenly going to exclusively use Unity games in everything time-sensitive, but I would expect them to show up now and again when it’s appropriate.

Flag Post

Neat. Moving forward is always dandy.

Flag Post
Originally posted by rawismojo:

So we will have unity badges in quests and things, but not things like a Unity quest. Fair enough.

Although if there weren’t problems with Unity a Unity quest would be pretty neat.

Flag Post

I’d rather have a dedicated Unity quest then quests with Unity badges in it. That way, for those that can’t play Unity games, they’re only missing out on a 1 quest instead of potentially more.

Flag Post

This isn’t really an official stance, so to say, but I think things like challenges and whatnot would be more likely, at least initially, than something like a time-sensitive quest with 1 unity game in it.

Flag Post

I feel that this is a good movement, since they’ve been a part of the site for some time now. I’m sure that people who will be upset about this (especially those who are completionists with achievements), but I’m sure that it’ll work out for the majority of people.

Flag Post

This is terrific. Hooray for Unity! ^_^

Flag Post

Now if we could just get more Unity badges themselves…