Forums Kongregate

New Kongregate Version: New navigation and footer test and changes to developer payment history pages

811 posts

Flag Post

BIG changes are here! Our devs were busy working to bring you all what are probably the biggest changes we’ve made to the site in the past 6 months. Most of you will notice that we made changes to our navigation and footer. We’re moving some links around, removing some that weren’t too useful, and adding others that we think will improve things a good deal. Sound complicated? Don’t worry! We’ve got a simple guide for you.

• The games tab has links to featured game categories, all game categories, links to information for developers (this is where you upload games!) and also information on our mobile app.
  • The achievements tab hosts a link to our current challenge(s), the Badge of the Day, our badges page, as well as a way to link your PowerUp Rewards and Kongregate accounts.
  • The community tab is where you’ll find links to our forums and news page, and also access to our current contests and your friends list.
  • Hovering over your username or avatar displays the profile tab, which lets you keep track of your messages, shows you your points, and even shows you your progress towards your next level! You can, of course, also get to your profile this way.

For Developers! We’ve included a new features so that you can see which of your payments are pending, along with any parts of your payments that may need to be withheld.

Check out all the details in the changelog below or here.

Flag Post

Developers:

• We removed the leaderboard ad from My Revenue Report
  • You can now access dev site using mobile devices
  • In your payment history you will now see:
    • pending payments
    • withholding percentages for international developers due to tax treaties
    • amount being withheld from each payment

Users:

• We put up a new navigation test on our site, if you’re in the new navigation test you’ll see:
    • Our old navigation links are now compressed into three main dropdowns (Games, Achievements, Community) and we added a Profile menu
    • The games menu contains links to our featured categories, all game categories, the developer site, the game upload form and information about our mobile app
    • The achievements menu contains our latest challenge, the Badge of the Day, links to all badges quests and challenges, and links to link your PowerUp Rewards account
    • The community menu contains links to our current contests, the forums, and Kongregate news as well as the Collabs (Art and Sound). You’ll also be able to see your friends online in this menu.
    • The profile menu contains how many messages you have, links to your profile, account settings and Kreds purchased. We also added bar to help you track the points you need to reach your next level.
  • We’ve removed the “zip code” and “country” fields from the my_account page
  • When on http://www.kongregate.com/sessions/new, the cursor is automatically placed in the first field. Less work!
  • Users can flag comments on our dev site

Flag Post

Old version is better.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Huge changes!
I think it’s good for the site to “evolve” like this though.
Thanks for adding this update.

Flag Post

It’s different. I don’t like change.

Flag Post

Has it’s pros and cons.
Overall I like it!

Flag Post

Epic.

Flag Post

I would say the profile part looks downgraded from what it was.

Flag Post

Sorry, I don’t like it.

Can we at least have our message box where we can see it?

Flag Post

I want the “x friends online” feature right next to my username back!

Flag Post

I can no longer see my messages without mousing over my profile.

I can no longer see any basic information about me without mousing over my profile.

This is not a good thing. Also, the thing at the bottom is intrusive and useless

Flag Post

On the make a new thread page, the Kongregate logo that links to the front page is directly below the post thread button.

Plz move them further apart.

Flag Post

Why the hell did you take away the grey on the header? Now it’s too red, and there’s nothing separating the header from the page. At least change the coloring and add SOME sort of border.

Flag Post

It is poorly designed for the most part and the footer is so large that it fucks up my forum posting experience.

Flag Post

Indeed, it was considerably better when all the relevant info was automatically shown, instead of having to go out of your way to make it show up.
I know it sounds like a tiny issue, but it’s the tiny things like that that tend to annoy me most >:

Flag Post

What happened to the Gamestop logo? Are we finally free from their fascist rule?

needs more logo

Flag Post

I will admit that it is easier to switch between forums now.

Flag Post

This shit sucks.
I would vomit Toxic into OP’s mouth if he came to Johto.

Flag Post

I love it, it looks wicked awesome. Some people have slightly different version though, care to explain?

And please, share my appreciation with anyone who worked on this, it turned out wonderful.

I also ninja’d you yo making this thread. Not that mine is as in depth as yours or anything.
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1-kongregate/topics/208201-so-what-do-you-guys-think-about-the-new-kongregate-layout

Flag Post

Funny enough: I didn’t get the change. Yes, I’ve opened a new Kong window and looked ;P Both Firefox AND Chrome.

Flag Post

I like the new layout, but, is possible to put the x friends online next to the username? Because, i use that thing only for that, and surely i’m not the one who’s doing this.

Flag Post

I assume I can’t access my payment history page until I actually get paid out?

And thanks for fixing the mobile site bug. :) And for dev site did you mean to put that in the list? :D

Flag Post

Why is the bottom tab so filled with useless information and taking up more space than it needs to be?

Flag Post
Originally posted by HappyAlcoholic:

Indeed, it was considerably better when all the relevant info was automatically shown, instead of having to go out of your way to make it show up.
I know it sounds like a tiny issue, but it’s the tiny things like that that tend to annoy me most >:

Well not being able to access the interpersonal part of the site easily destroys the point of having an account.

Originally posted by Reimu_Hakurei:

Why is the bottom tab so filled with useless information and taking up more space than it needs to be?

Because the designers have no understanding of either aesthetic or functionality.