Forums Kongregate

New Kongregate Version: New navigation and footer test and changes to developer payment history pages page 4

811 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by emily_greer:

Actually we agree that we don’t have the content of the tabs exactly right, but the good thing is that we can make those changes based on the feedback. So we think we’re going to swap Zombie Games out with New Games, which really should have been there.

Because that is the biggest fucking problem here. #MissingThePoint #AestheticsOfAnArse #InconveniencesEveryone

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by Dapper_Lion:
Originally posted by Luisln:
Originally posted by Moshdef:

The old site was not broken, it worked perfectly fine! as stated above, in the version i’m now using there is no way to access the New Games section and there seem to be many small annoyances, such as the inability to see your friends, points, etc. without hovering over My Profile. Seems like a small / insignificant problem, but why create even a small problem if you don’t have to? If I need to weigh in on the version I have now: PLEASE GIVE ME THE OLD ONE BACK. the drop-down menus are great, but they are lacking. Overall just a bad update to the site.

ITS FREE SO NO COMPLAINING!!!!!

So, if I went to your house and covered it in toilet paper, you can’t complain because FREE TOILET PAPER

That was a bad analogy. It’s not so much that “free service” that I was trying to get at with that picture, it was the “mildly inconvenience me” part. It’s ridiculous how so many of you insist on picking on these small, so very small things, that really just seem that you’re doing it just for the sake of doing it. Yes, you can complain, that’s good but really the person was just being a complete idiot, “why create a small problem if you don’t have to.” For god’s sake.

Flag Post

They really should have said something about this ahead of time…

Flag Post

Remove the stuff at the bottom and add “Messages” at the top.

Flag Post

Actually we agree that we don’t have the content of the tabs exactly right, but the good thing is that we can make those changes based on the feedback. So we think we’re going to swap Zombie Games out with New Games, which really should have been there.

Can you also change the bottom?
That part is just really annoying me as well.
It looks like that’s where all of the space went.

Flag Post
Originally posted by 6619510155102464:

Is it at random of who has the new layout and who has the old layout?

Yes. You have a 25% chance of being in any of the layouts. If you open Kong up in a new browser you’ll probably get a different one.

Flag Post

The old site was not broken, it worked perfectly fine! as stated above, in the version i’m now using there is no way to access the New Games section and there seem to be many small annoyances, such as the inability to see your friends, points, etc. without hovering over My Profile. Seems like a small / insignificant problem, but why create even a small problem if you don’t have to? If I need to weigh in on the version I have now: PLEASE GIVE ME THE OLD ONE BACK. the drop-down menus are great, but they are lacking. Overall just a bad update to the site.

So, if I went to your house and covered it in toilet paper, you can’t complain because FREE TOILET PAPER

That was a bad analogy. It’s not so much that “free service” that I was trying to get at with that picture, it was the “mildly inconvenience me” part. It’s ridiculous how so many of you insist on picking on these small, so very small things, that really just seem that you’re doing it just for the sake of doing it. Yes, you can complain, that’s good but really the person was just being a complete idiot, “why create a small problem if you don’t have to.” For god’s sake.

The problem is this ISN’T a small thing. This is the HEADER. The header is the MOST important part of a website. And tbh, right now at least the coloring looks like shit.

Flag Post
Originally posted by yourmomdad:

Remove the stuff at the bottom and add “Messages” at the top.

Do you not read sir? They added the stuff at the bottom because they wanted those things to get more traffic. It’s advertisement, it’s not exactly supposed to be easy on the eyes. Removing it would not do anything good at all for them…

The header is the MOST important part of a website.

I think I’m just going to step away from the internet for awhile, and just lie down for a bit.

Flag Post

@Dapper_Lion What browser and OS are you using? I can’t seem to reproduce what you’re seeing.

Flag Post

Posted for new page

http://i56.tinypic.com/2ngelj5.png

That’s a browser-specific issue and probably shouldn’t be displaying like that. It doesn’t do that in Chrome, at least not for me. What browser are you using?

Edit: Ninja’d!

Flag Post

Put some of the profile stuff outside of the tab but along the top (as in, have our username, friends online, and messages out there, and put everything else in the tab) and the new layout would be perfect.

Flag Post

Yes. You have a 25% chance of being in any of the layouts. If you open Kong up in a new browser you’ll probably get a different one.

Can I have the Old Layout back? anyways I have IE9

Flag Post

Could you add an option to switch between them? I would like to use the one that is the most similar to the old layout.

Flag Post
Originally posted by rawismojo:

Posted for new page

http://i56.tinypic.com/2ngelj5.png

That’s a browser-specific issue and probably shouldn’t be displaying like that. It doesn’t do that in Chrome, at least not for me. What browser are you using?

oh god I just realized that it was a greasemonkey script that was messing it up.

my bad

Flag Post
Originally posted by HappyYay:

Could you add an option to switch between them? I would like to use the one that is the most similar to the old layout.

I would prefer an option to slap everyone who was involved in this on the back of the head for not realising how fucking stupid their ideas were. If this was made by one person, then there is a reason they might not have noticed. But this was a group of people, none of whom were able to see the lack of aesthetic or function up in this bitch.

Flag Post

Emily… someone else has IE9 but they have the old layout and I have the new layout… so how is this random… I didnt quite get it, and I have IE9 too

Flag Post

Any chance of making ‘New Games’ a bit more prominent? Maybe instead of putting it in the ‘featured’ list, it could go at the top, in a ‘new’ list – one link for the regular new games page, and one link that was something like ‘random new game’ (pick from the past 7 days, with at least a 2.5 rating so the spam games didn’t get included)?

Flag Post

I love how some people hate the new layout just because they were accustomed to the old one. I mean, the same people would have been reluctant to the previous change, but then they ended up liking it.

I think that it’s just a matter of getting used to it. Instead of hating just for the sake of it, don’t you think it would be better to give constructive feedback?

Time for a bug (I think) report: While playing a game, when I scroll over the new tab, the game screen goes black. Is that supposed to be like that? Because I think it’s very annoying.

Also, wouldn’t it be lovely if we could have a week devoted to the old Kongregate layouts? :P

Flag Post

EMILY, STOP BEING A VAPID DOO DOO HEAD AND ADDRESS THE REAL ISSUES.

Flag Post
Originally posted by lightsun:

I love how some people hate the new layout just because they were accustomed to the old one. I mean, the same people would have been reluctant to the previous change, but then they ended up liking it.

I think that it’s just a matter of getting used to it. Instead of hating just for the sake of it, don’t you think it would be better to give constructive feedback?

Time for a bug (I think) report: While playing a game, when I scroll over the new tab, the game screen goes black. Is that supposed to be like that? Because I think it’s very annoying.

Also, wouldn’t it be lovely if we could have a week devoted to the old Kongregate layouts? :P

you don’t know nothing man it’s just hard with the mini font i have to zoom in to no misclick stuff

Flag Post
Originally posted by lightsun:

I’ve given my constructive feedback. The new header looks crappy. Not from a change pov, from a design pov. There’s nothing separating it from the rest of the page, and there’s no other colors (like the lovely grey in the old version) to accent it.

(As for your bug, it’s a bug with javascript, I think. It causes Flash objects to disappear)

Flag Post

I would prefer an option to slap everyone who was involved in this on the back of the head for not realising how fucking stupid their ideas were. If this was made by one person, then there is a reason they might not have noticed. But this was a group of people, none of whom were able to see the lack of aesthetic or function up in this bitch.

Contrary to fascist-type thinking, beauty ain’t objective. I like the new look. You and some other folks clearly don’t. Doesn’t mean the guys who designed it had a ‘lack of aesthetic’ or whatever meaningless crap argument you got. It just means you don’t like it.

QFT