Forums Kongregate

Card game release date (no not tomorrow)

70 posts

Flag Post

Hi guys,

Everybody keeps asking about this, and I know a lot of you expect that it’s going to be very soon. And it is going to be soon, just not next week.

Right now we think widespread official testing by invite will probably start mid-October, with the official release a month or two after that depending on how work & testing go.

Why so long? Well, it’s an awesome but complicated game, and we want to make sure it’s great before we release. The game is playable and fun now, but we’re polishing animation and UI, working on a tool to build and edit decks, a lobby, stats tracking, ranking and matching systems, starter deck, lobby chat, and match chat. And that’s not even counting some things we’d like to get in for the release, like tournaments and ways to challenge people to a match on and off the site. Nor is it counting the testing we need to do to make sure it can handle a ton of people playing simultaneously.

So be patient with us! We bit off more than we realized with this game, but it will be done or BUST. I’ll update this thread as we know more.

Flag Post

CHEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

Flag Post

Hear hear, Emily. Thanks for the update! Good luck with everything!

Flag Post

Thanks Emily, it’s nice and a relief to hear something from the official source, even though you of course can’t give an official release date. Still, it’s nice for us impatient gamers to know how everything is coming along and how far you are with it, so thanks for posting this.

Flag Post

How will the invites work? I want to test some cards!

Flag Post

I understand and acknowledge the difficulties of properly testing, balancing and tweaking games.

Someone’ll post a “Light at the end of the tunnel” analogy eventually. And I would agree. Unless they decide to twist in into some sexual innuendo or something stupid like that.

Oh, and I’d think the name “Kongai” is simply retarded. Please don’t chose that name.

Flag Post

Thanks so much for the update. :)

Flag Post

wow, the game sounds even more amazing now

Flag Post

I think invites should be based on amazingness. In which case im first on the list.

Flag Post

Emily, thanks for updating us, although I wish it was sooner! Well, you guys are doing better (updating us wise) than most other sites I have been on… Thanks!

Flag Post

Thanks for the heads up! I’m sure I speak for nearly everyone when I say we can’t wait. :)

Flag Post

I think invites should be based on amazingness. In which case im first on the list.

1. Senior mods

2. Younger mods

….

990213. Conundrum

Flag Post

I can guess who’ll be invited already…

Flag Post

990212. JudeMaverick

XD

Flag Post

One of those people would probably be Fragm3nt! The guy who made Cocak, if you didn’t know.

Flag Post

Sylicas, after all those hard work idling., we should be able to get the game with an invite right?

Flag Post

umm.. yea about me playing the card game.. heh heh

Flag Post

as long as i have a general idea to what its gonna be like, im happy

Flag Post

How long more isit till’ the day we get to Mid-October?

Flag Post

So it’ll be released around Christmas, understood.

Flag Post

Yay! I’m not an eager kongregator anymore (due to personal reasons) but I can’t wait for the game to be released!

Flag Post

Although I was expecting it sooner, this still isn’t all that bad of a release date… The only thing I really don’t like about it, is that still other very needed features will be put off.

Flag Post

to jude, i think the invites should be based on how long you have been here, and not just modship.

Flag Post

Shame… I thought it was going to be released next week (I remember reading mid september somewhere – I think greg said it).

Also – It would be very nice if someone posted another card review like this (http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1/topics/1644)

Flag Post

i think invites should be based on how long you have been here. THAT IS A GREAT IDEA i have been here since march 20 something so i think i should get an invite. and how do u get this frigging qoute thing to work it is driving me crazy!