Forums Kongregate

New Kongregate Version: New Homepage Split Test page 2

143 posts

Flag Post
and Raw has just played this :D

Don’t judge me! Also, that shouldn’t happen, and we’ll be fixing it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by rawismojo:
and Raw has just played this :D

Don’t judge me! Also, that shouldn’t happen, and we’ll be fixing it.

If you give that game badges …. :^)

Flag Post

No API :(

Flag Post

I like how the Kongregate Tips module almost seems to encourage spam game rating:

Flag Post

Recently played games aren’t on your profile.

Oh, bawls.
Reading comprehension fail on my part, sorry.
I’d only realised a while after I’d already posted >:

One person’s Recently Played Games section isn’t viewable by others, though?

Flag Post
One person’s Recently Played Games section isn’t viewable by others, though?

It shouldn’t be. This is getting fixed.

Flag Post

It is now, Happy, but it shouldn’t be. It’s going to be fixed ASAP.

Edit: FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ducklette:

It is now, Happy, but it shouldn’t be. It’s going to be fixed ASAP.

Thanks!

Flag Post

Where can one find another user’s Recently Played Games section? I want to see this.

Flag Post

Why has it to be fixed? I like the possibility to see what games my friends are up to. It’s just an extension to the “now playing” function.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Danaroth:

Why has it to be fixed? I like the possibility to see what games my friends are up to. It’s just an extension to the “now playing” function.

Exactly! /doesnotwanttousethisfeatureforsuspiciouspurposes

Flag Post

To be honest, I don’t see a problem with it.
All anyone will ever see me playing, is Bone Idle and Sorcery Quest :P
But I understand that others will want their “privacy”.

@DoctorWhooves: I’d like to know how it’s even possible.
If that section is supposed to be unique for each person who sees it, how does one see another’s in place of their own?

EDIT: Never mind, got an answer in PMs.

Edit: FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Don’t worry, you seem to still be getting credit for it :P

Flag Post

It has its pros and cons, I think.

I like being able to see the icons for the monthly/weekly games, but it de-emphasizes the fact that those games are in a contest.

The Recommended Badges thing is a cute idea, but I’m not fond of the way it doesn’t tell you the parameters of obtaining the badge.

Other than that, I like the new layout.

Flag Post

It’s not really a privacy breach. If it is, we’d have to hide what games a person is playing as well, people are already able to see what people are playing just by logging in at the right time; I don’t see what’s the problem in watching them with a little delay and sorted in a nice list.

I’d suggest to hide that list from other people just for private profiles.

Flag Post

Maybe the admins could just put an option to hide your recently played games in your profile settings.

Originally posted by furrymessiah:

The Recommended Badges thing is a cute idea, but I’m not fond of the way it doesn’t tell you the parameters of obtaining the badge.

There should be little “Show more” things for each badge or something.

Flag Post

lol @ Zshadow’s last played game

Flag Post

I got an idea. If the person has set their profile to private, then I guess their recent games played should be hidden as well. Otherwise, it’s better left out for others to know.

Flag Post

In order to include more information on screen at the same time (especially above the fold), your recent updates keep decreasing the font size. I myself am not affected, but this practice is generally frowned up. (E.g., http://www.useit.com/alertbox/designmistakes.html )

Flag Post

Much better now. Clear appearance and frendly navigation. Please donot change again!

Flag Post

So, apparently I can’t play any games anymore, because I’m “Missing Plug-In”. It’d be nice to know what Plug-in I’m missing, so I can remedy it… :(

Flag Post

I find it kind of weird how users have sub-directories for this, instead of it being a master page with a variable like user=Redesignated passed along. I don’t know how it’s configured, exactly, but would having a single page that references a database be simpler than (what I can only assume is) a bunch of pages that reference a database? Just a question from a coding perspective of someone who barely knows PHP and should probably stop asking stupid questions now. I’m diggin’ the new look, though. Much more organized. I’m hoping that a third box joins the two right beneath the new-games ticker soon, however, to balance with the rest of them.

Originally posted by Shinobi1991:

So, apparently I can’t play any games anymore, because I’m “Missing Plug-In”. It’d be nice to know what Plug-in I’m missing, so I can remedy it… :(

You probably need the latest version of Flash. Missing Plug-In sounds like a browser alert, not something from the site itself.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Redesignated:

I find it kind of weird how users have sub-directories for this, instead of it being a master page with a variable like user=Redesignated passed along. I don’t know how it’s configured, exactly, but would having a single page that references a database be simpler than (what I can only assume is) a bunch of pages that reference a database? Just a question from a coding perspective of someone who barely knows PHP and should probably stop asking stupid questions now. I’m diggin’ the new look, though. Much more organized. I’m hoping that a third box joins the two right beneath the new-games ticker soon, though, to balance with the rest of them.

You probably need the latest version of Flash. Missing Plug-In sounds like a browser alert, not something from the site itself.

I tried that, but it tells me this:

Your Google Chrome browser already includes Adobe® Flash® Player built-in. Google Chrome will automatically update when new versions of Flash Player are available.

I guess I’ll have to try FireFox. But, nothing saves on there… :\

Flag Post
Originally posted by Redesignated:

I find it kind of weird how users have sub-directories for this, instead of it being a master page with a variable like user=Redesignated passed along. I don’t know how it’s configured, exactly, but would having a single page that references a database be simpler than (what I can only assume is) a bunch of pages that reference a database? Just a question from a coding perspective of someone who barely knows PHP and should probably stop asking stupid questions now. I’m diggin’ the new look, though. Much more organized. I’m hoping that a third box joins the two right beneath the new-games ticker soon, though, to balance with the rest of them.

I tried that, but it tells me this:

Your Google Chrome browser already includes Adobe® Flash® Player built-in. Google Chrome will automatically update when new versions of Flash Player are available.

I guess I’ll have to try FireFox. But, nothing saves on there… :\

Whoa, that’s weird. I’m in Chrome 15, and I’m not having any trouble right now. Where are you seeing that, exactly?

I know that, sometimes, if I keep Chrome running too long, some plug-ins just crash spontaneously and go “unrecognized,” but they fix themselves if I restart the browser.

Edit: for Firefox not saving data, are you running in Private Mode? That prevents Flash save data from being stored on your system.

Flag Post

I think the badges recommended for you and recently played games sections should be switched. Usually when I get on kong I want to play the game that I was last playing and switching them would keep me from having to scroll because I’m lazy

Flag Post

…so apparently I’m in the half that sees it. Can I opt out somehow? I mean, I might like it eventually, but between my gut instinct that all change is bad and youtube’s horrible redesign I really don’t want to deal with another site I frequent being unfamiliar.

Edit: Okay, a few specific things I’ve noticed. I REALLY like the addition of a recently played games module, wish it was swapped with the recommended badges one. Have you guys considered customized placement of the different modules? Also, the featured games module seems too small now, and I don’t like the text covering the picture, nor the text being so squished; also, the Badge of the Day being its own, very small, easily-overlooked thing is annoying, I liked when I was part of the featured games scroll.