Forums Kongregate

New Kongregate Version: Kong Plus launch, new chat tabs and new homepage for all!

60 posts

Flag Post

We’ve launched a new product called Kong Plus tonight. You can read all about it in this forum post here.

After a lot of positive comments and other criteria, we are also showing the new homepage to everyone! We also added a few new features to chat that I’m sure you’ll all enjoy. Remember the days when you had to use the dropdown to switch between room and game chat? Well now you don’t have to! There are now tabs in chat that makes switching between game and room chat super fast. Also there is a nice new message indicator on the tabs so you’ll know if something is going on in the other chat tab. We’ve also made some other tweaks and improvements, but you can read about those below or in our change logs here.

Flag Post

Users:

• Everyone will be switching over to the new homepage
  • Fix signup tab error messaging
  • Unread chat message indicator appears in chat tabs
  • Chat tabs appear for both room and game chat
  • List of Beta games can be seen at /beta-games
  • Beta games and MMOs added to Games dropdown menu
  • Launch of Kong Plus

Flag Post

There still should be that feature to go either to new PM’s/new Shouts when clicking the envelope button. :P

Flag Post

Whenever i press the tab to switch between the game and room chats, the page scrolls down.

Flag Post

Clicking a username in the chat scrolls the chat back up when you close their in-chat profile.

Flag Post

Most epic update I’ve seen!
The Kong developers have dunnit again. :3

Flag Post

Huh, some game chats wont load at all. e.g Tyrant and Time world

There’s just white blank screen

Oh, and for the first time my FF blocked me opening a profile via pop-up

Flag Post
Originally posted by Maik50:

Huh, some game chats wont load at all. e.g Tyrant and Time world

There’s just white blank screen

Oh, and for the first time my FF blocked me opening a profile via pop-up

Room chats too, or just game chats?

Flag Post
Originally posted by VforVendetta:

Most epic update I’ve seen!
The Kong developers have dunnit again. :3

+1 !!!

Flag Post

Chat rooms are being created when not needed, or perhaps they’re a bad copy?

Room name (not a game room) was the same but empty of people,
then a few other confused folks popped in, only by using the friends list
and picking someone in the original room was I able to get into the room
that had people in it. Takes its time loading then empty room same name.

Semi-repeatable from reconnecting to a game, then hitting the Room tab
after it loads the game chat.

Flag Post

Possible bug?
Viewing someone’s “mini-profile” in the chat, and then switching back to the chat tab sets the chat’s scroll bar to the top of the chat.

Flag Post

Do you have any plans to give the homepage more color? Headings in Black and white are just so dull.

Flag Post

When I first saw the cool new version, there was a thing which said ‘Reccomended badges’ and there were 3 pages of badges which were really cool. Since I levelled up, it just says in that box

“Way to go, squipples!

That’s right – you’ve leveled up, and are now level28.
We salute you!"

and just shows two badges underneath, both of which I’ve tried (and failed) to do.

Flag Post
Originally posted by HappyAlcoholic:

Possible bug?
Viewing someone’s “mini-profile” in the chat, and then switching back to the chat tab sets the chat’s scroll bar to the top of the chat.

Happens to me as well.

Flag Post

Originally posted by UnknownGuardian:

Clicking a username in the chat scrolls the chat back up when you close their in-chat profile.

Originally posted by HappyAlcoholic:

Possible bug?

bugfix: javascript:void(ChatWindow.prototype.showChatWindow = function() {this._chat_window_node.show(); if (this._active_room) { this._active_room.show(); }})

Flag Post

So, from the posts in this thread, I think I must be seeing a different ‘new home page’. My home page now consists of list after list after list, combined with an even more awkward spacing, a giant ‘recommended badges’ box, and a relatively tiny featured games box.

Fuck you guys. Stop changing things. 3:<

Flag Post

Currently in Recommended Badges section I have nothing. Is it possible to show there all unearned badges if there are no recommended for me?

Flag Post

It’s good to see that things are changing on the site, although I wasn’t so pleased to see that those changes are only for those who are willing to pay for them…

What really is looking bad though, is this:

Make our minions work for you!

All Kong Plus members’ queries and complaints are given red flags, so you can benefit from the extra-fastness of our already prompt and thorough customer support!

I thought there was no “discrimination” regarding customer support?
So does that mean that a K+ member’s query is going to be taken care of faster than mine, just because he paid $30? This is customer support, not a competition between those who are willing to pay and those who are not.

Flag Post

Love the new format! Kudos :)

Flag Post

Chat tabs…
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Flag Post
Originally posted by Captain_Catface:

So, from the posts in this thread, I think I must be seeing a different ‘new home page’. My home page now consists of list after list after list, combined with an even more awkward spacing, a giant ‘recommended badges’ box, and a relatively tiny featured games box.

Fuck you guys. Stop changing things. 3:<

Agreed. The homepage looks terrible now.

Flag Post

I appreciate the effort guys, I do. However I can’t help thinking the homepage is a bit cluttered. An option to hide the “recommended badges” would be nice, or maybe making it with a light grey background similar to the “featured games” part? Something like this:

Yeah, I love symmetry. Who doesn’t? Anyway, I just thought I’d share the idea.

Flag Post

The only thing I do not understand is why you would take away the contest box when it was such an important part to the site. None of the games on the top monthly and weekly section on the front page are the best on the contest page so you have to click see all to get to a list of the top games. It would have been easier just to keep the contest tabs on the front page. You still have space for it right below recommended badges. Other than that I am loving the new improvements to the site. :)

Flag Post

Hi,

this is as well what I get on Chrome and a widescreen.

bigger

Flag Post

Do you use adblock pro? If you do, it tends to do some funky things on the homepage (such as eating the botd along with the ad that should be above it).