Forums Kongregate

2008 Halloween Header Contest

593 posts

Flag Post

The time has come again for you, the users, to take control of the Kong design for a day!

Guidelines: Art may be as wide as you want, but keep in mind that most users have 1024px x 768px resolution, so try to keep artwork to be shown between the blue lines below. The height of the header is 90 pixels.

Make sure you don’t cover up the logo, the nav bar or the sign in box (purple in the picture below) but everything else is fair game.

I’m so excited to see what you guys create this year. Last year’s banners blew my mind and I’m sure you will all outdo yourselves this year! Here’s Jindo’s winning banner from last year:

Judging will occur on Wednesday, October 29 so make sure you get them in on by Tuesday night (on the 28th)! Winner will receive a permanent place in Kongregate history, fangirls, my personal undying devotion and a large amount of Kongregate points. The first few runners up will also receive some points so get to work :)

Looking through last year’s thread it appears I totally stole the idea of Kong dressing up as Newgrounds from KapKyle. I am appropriately ashamed with myself, I promise.

Flag Post

Re-imagined logos are totally fine, they just need to be there. You can’t rename Kongregate “Greg is Smelly” or ignore the name entirely (No ‘the website formerly known as Kongregate now know as some obscure symbol/rainbow colored duck’). It also will need to have the # ONLINE PLAYING # FREE GAMES! bit above the “Kongregate”

Flag Post

D: I’m not artistic enough for this kind of thing…

Flag Post

Erm, we don’t have links above the user bar anymore. You may want to use a screenie from this year. :P

Flag Post

rofl. That’s what I get for being lazy and stealing from last year’s post. Stay tuned for a better screenshot.

I promise to drink more coffee before posting next time. While I’m getting the actual screenshot edited, just for a guideline, anything above the nav bar is fine. So no messing with the black bar with the links, but all the red is fair game.

Flag Post

Why edited? Wouldn’t it be easier to just take a new screenshot…?

Flag Post

AWESOME I’M GONNA TRY!

OMGOMGOMGOMKG ALISON POSTED UNDER ME!

Flag Post

Okay now with a timely screenshot and more purple! Yup we will tweak the CSS elements to coordinate with the header.

Flag Post

Well that was fast ;O.

I might enter again for fun, if I can find time :3.

Flag Post

Tuesday night? what time is it at +1hour gmt time? please tell me.

Flag Post

We’ll go with before Midnight Pacific Time. Which is GMT -8 I believe. Three hours behind Eastern, Two hours behind Central, One hour behind Mountain.

Flag Post

That’s Tuesday, October 28th, of course.

Flag Post

should we post in in the thread or like whisper it to u or wait till later?

Flag Post

In soviet russian the ween is hallowed

Flag Post

Post it in this thread. And yep, sorry for not being clear, the deadline is midnight pacific time on Tuesday October 28.

Flag Post

how do u uplode a picher like that?

Flag Post

Do we have to include all the info and jazz, or will you put it over our design?

Flag Post

Wait points? How many?

Flag Post

I suck at art, internet art especially.

Flag Post

Well, although I’ll probably lose to Jindo, or someone good at drawing(I know I can’t draw for my life), but here’s my entry. If we need to put the info and stuff on, let me know.

Flag Post

I’m personally more better at vectorised art in Flash or drawing IRL. I’m pretty bad at designing graphics, might just give it ago anyway.

Flag Post

NOO! i was almost done with my banner and then windows omes up with a message saying,“gimp has encountered a porblem and needs to close we is sorry for the inconvenience.” i saved my banner and everything, but now gimp won’t re-open! =(
EDIT: got it open now, and BTW, are you allowed to change the colour of the sign in box and nav bar?

Flag Post

!KOngregate Banner!

dont laugh please i am a rookie artist.

Flag Post

SHouldve made the pumpkin better….

Flag Post

I like yours re4beast, I should have put a pumpkin in mine.