Forums Kongregate

More levels before 2013?

85 posts

Flag Post

Current points from badges: 31,410
That’s almost the ammount of points required for level 62.

Let’s say each month, games are badged for a total of 400 – 500 points.
That’d mean it will be possible to reach level 65 with nothing but points from badges in some 8 – 10 months.

So maybe we could see something like this by the end of the year:

Flag Post

Yeah, I noticed the badge point thing. I hope so! :D But not to 99, just to a more normal amount than 65, like 100 or something.

Flag Post

I’d say we add level 66 which requires you to have 66,666 points.

Flag Post

I’m sure that Kong has addressed this issue. Do you think the moderators have any inside info?

Flag Post

75 seems like a good number for a new cap; it should last quite a while before lots of people get it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by rlatch79:

I’m sure that Kong has addressed this issue. Do you think the moderators have any inside info?

No.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by uzzbuzz:

75 seems like a good number for a new cap, it should last quite a while before lots of people get it.

I think 70 would be enough for at least another year:

65: 36560
66: 38340
67: 40195
68: 42125
69: 44130
70: 46210

That’s a 10k points difference, which would require 20 – 25 months if we consider 400 – 500 new points each month.

Originally posted by BobTheCoolGuy:
Originally posted by rlatch79:

No.

Lies. Mods know the secrets of Kong but don’t want to share with us, mortal users. u.u

Flag Post

Level cap? Why? Why must there be a level cap? Suggesting a level 66 or 75 cap will bring the same consequences as the current level cap does.

Make it be unlimited. Not that anyone with a human body could get over level 120 or so anyway.

Flag Post

Personally, I’d like to see level cap bumped up to 999, which (for the time being) is effectively unlimited for the majority of the users on this website.

Flag Post

I don’t even know why levels are capped at 65 in the first place. That number is rubbish!

Flag Post

Suggesting a level 66 or 75 cap will bring the same consequences as the current level cap does.

How so? Can you reach them in less than 3 months like the current cap?
Can you reach them in less than one year without earning NO MORE than 365 badges?

Flag Post

Regardless of the time to reach the level caps, the thing is that you can reach the level cap. The level cap should be unlimited in order to prevent such happenings.

Flag Post

Since someone doesn’t like to change the cap very often, maybe make it something like 80k points (Whatever level that may be). That way it will last as a good goal for many years.

Flag Post

Then there’s stupid people that say it shouldn’t because the level cap is some sort of goal to aim for and without it levels become meaningless. (Hint: It doesn’t)

Flag Post

I do not support higher level cap.

It will make more people use rating bot to earn 50 pts every day until new rating system released.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Gomo_Psivarh:

I do not support higher level cap.

It will make more people use rating bot to earn 50 pts every day, unless rating points are neutralized.

They should simply fix the ratings issue. hell, there are a ton of good options:

• Don’t give points for rating games, music or images.

• Separate badge points from rating points. (Don’t count rating points when calculating user level)

• Punish spam raters by subtracting 100 points any time they do it.

• etc.

• etc.

• etc.

Flag Post

Yeah, I think they might raise it to 75 when the times comes.

Flag Post

Random facts: An user would need 155,385 points to reach level 100, 1,739,135 to get to level 200 and 6,732,885 for level 300.*

* Implying levels keep raising at the current rate.

Flag Post

A level 70 cap sounds perfect to me.

Flag Post

there is no point in a level cap even existing, since levels are just cosmetic.

Flag Post

I think if the cap is raised again, it should be raised to either 99/100 or 128, so that we can put off talking about it for a few years.

Flag Post
Originally posted by uzzbuzz:

75 seems like a good number for a new cap; it should last quite a while before lots of people get it.

This

Also; Whoa senekis! When did you reached level 65? It happened so rapidly

Originally posted by bobby71983:

there is no point in a level cap even existing, since levels are just cosmetic.

Yeah, but people collect them like achievement trophies. More trophies you have to earn, more merrier

Flag Post

more reason to not have a cap maik. give 65s something else to do.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Maik50:

Also; Whoa Senekis! When did you reached level 65? It happened so rapidly

Some months ago; at least one person registers everyday from the Badge Master referral links. d: