Forums Kongregate

The Quirky Capricious Kongregate Competition Finals: Cirpacha and MaistlinRajere Champions!

62 posts

Flag Post

Reserved for lock

Flag Post

The Quirky Capricious Kongregate Competition Rules and Guidelines

Host: Fricknmaniac
Co-Host: videogames518

Welcome to the first (and last) annual Quirky Capricious Kongregate Competition (the 23rd tournament on Kongregate).

Finals Black ‘n’ Orange, Jetpack Jerome, and 25 Boxes

Round time: 6 days. Round ends on 3/29/12 at 8pm CST (March 30st, 1:00am GMT).
Number of people advancing: None! The winner won’t advance anywhere!
Goal: Highest score in each game.
Spreadsheet: Here

You must post a screenshot of the game over screen with your the today tab open, with both the “today” visible and your completion score matching the game over screen.

Important note:

1.) Points are awarded based on the rank of your score in each game compared to the other competitors. 3 points for first place, 2 for second, ZERO for third or not posting a score.

The top 1 ranked person will win the tournament

Please read the rules in their entirety, by joining the tournament you agree to abide by the rules and implicitly state that you have read them.

Rules:

Everyone is welcome to join, regardless of whether or not you’ve been disqualified from tournaments in the past. However, be warned, extra scrutiny will be placed on you if you’ve been DQ’d in the past, and you will be disqualified again for something as simple as trolling in the tournament thread.

One account per person, anyone found to have additional accounts will have all of their accounts disqualified

No cheating. Seriously, this is just common courtesy. When you cheat, you remove someone legitimate from the tournament, and if you win, what does it prove other than you can cheat. If you suspect someone else of cheating, send a PM to the host (Fricknmaniac) or co-host (videogames518) with as many details as you can provide. Likewise if you find a glitch in a game, don’t post it in the thread, just send the PM.

For every round, a valid screenshot is required for a score to be submitted. The following things must be visible in every screenshot: A green or yellow plug. A matching username. The high score tab in the today section if the API is required for the game, with both your score and the today tab visible. The equivalent score (if applicable) visible in the game window.

Flag Post

Sad face. Ninja failed.

GO MAISTLIN GO!

Flag Post

Interesting, I played Black and Orange on another site long ago.

Flag Post

Hmmm, since this is the Finals, I wonder if the next guy in line can start his tourney’s qualifying round.

Flag Post

Note that 25 boxes requires you to submit your high score to the Mochigames to get it to show up on the Kongregate high scores.

Flag Post
Originally posted by videogames518:

Hmmm, since this is the Finals, I wonder if the next guy in line can start his tourney’s qualifying round.

That’s this guy. I’m starting mine soon-ish.

Flag Post

Good luck to the finalists!

Frick, what’s the tiebreaker in the event of a 3-3-0 / 2-2-2 / 0-0-3 outcome?

Flag Post
Originally posted by WiiPlayer113:
Originally posted by videogames518:

That’s this guy. I’m starting mine soon-ish.

I was thinking meltedbutter was next. :/ Frick really needs to update the tournies thread. Also, I’ll spreadsheet for ya if you want. :P

Flag Post

Why not…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Precarious:

Good luck to the finalists!

Frick, what’s the tiebreaker in the event of a 3-3-0 / 2-2-2 / 0-0-3 outcome?

Where’s that guy from 5-6 tournaments ago that proposed a statistical analysis as a tiebreaker? Comparing the how much of a lead each competitor had over each of their rivals.

If I can find something along those lines, that’s probably what I’ll use. Though in that case the tiebreaker would likely just turn out to be the highest score in Jetpack Jerome.

Flag Post

That was Lebossle. His formulas might be in the Masters of Gaming spreadsheet.

Flag Post

Score is capped at 1k.

Flag Post

^ Why do the high scores say 1015 again?

Flag Post
Originally posted by calvindang:

^ Why do the high scores say 1015 again?

Because Maist’s score actually is 1015, but apparently the game doesn’t display a score higher than 1000.

Flag Post

Flag Post

Come on Maist, you can do this :D

Flag Post

Good luck to the finalists.

I’m going to take a break from tournaments for a while. Have fun everyone.

Flag Post

GRRRRRR now when (if) I use Jetpack Jerome, I won’t be all cool and original.

Flag Post
Originally posted by hiperson134:

GRRRRRR now when (if) I use Jetpack Jerome, I won’t be all cool and original.

But it’ll still be just as racist. XD

Flag Post

I’d like to say sorry about the score bug on Black’n’Orange.I noticed the bug, but the game is so old I don’t have the source files anymore, so I can’t fix that.
Sorry for that. :/

Flag Post

I’ve talked with the Developer and he told me he was going to fix it, and then 13 minutes later he said it wasn’t going to be possible.
EDIT: Well shit that’s what you get for not reloading the page, ninja’d by 22 minutes!

Flag Post

Still, it’s great to see a developer take an interest in their game when it’s used in a tournament. So hats off to you, Awoke, even though you weren’t able to do anything.

Flag Post

Got a good amount of time in today, the pressure is on when the other finalists have already won tourneys :S
Anyone know how to get the score to update in today without refreshing?

Flag Post

Anyone know how to get the score to update in today without refreshing?

Click submit score, then change pages is the kong high scores.