Forums Kongregate

[Tournament] T.B.A. -- Qualifier (locked)

164 posts

Flag Post

Welcome to compete in yet another Kongregate tournament! Now, you’re probably going to wonder: – Bluji, why is the tournament name so weird? And I’ll tell you: – Originally, people inputted TBA as their tournament name when signing up for the tournament queue and someone said as a joke that there should be a tournament named with the initials T.B.A. And I got the idea for the tournament name!

So, what T.B.A. is exactly? It’s your ordinary everyday tournament and it’s pretty simple. Here it is in a nutshell.

1. In order to compete, you must complete one of the 62 tasks mentioned in the Qualification sheet of the spreadsheet / in the list linked two posts below. You have time to qualify until 17th August, 2012 and 5:30 PM (GMT+3). Everyone who completes the qualifying requirement goes through to round 1.

2. There will be eight (8) rounds and a redemption. The tournament is planned to end on the 20th September, with rounds 1-3 lasting 3 days each, the redemption and rounds 4-6 lasting 4 days each and the semifinals and finals (rounds 7-8) lasting 5 days each.

3. In each round, people will be eliminated. A red line will be placed in the spreadsheet, and at the end of the round, if you don’t have a score high enough to keep you above that line, you will eliminated. However, you may get back to the competition if you play well enough in the redemption round.

4. Hacking, cheating and score editing in highly prohibited. If you are suspicious of someone cheating somehow, tell me (Bluji) or my co-host (racefan12) about your suspicions. We will then look at the case and see if your suspicions are correct. If we are also suspicious of the same person cheating, we must ask for a video proof for a score high enough, or at least close enough. In case you are unable to provide video proof, you will be disqualified. In addition, if you have been caught for cheating, hacking or score editing in the last three tournaments, you must provide video proof for all rounds.

5. If anything goes wrong, or you are concerned about something, contact me (Bluji) or my co-host (racefan12) or in case you want a quicker answer on something unregarded to upcoming rounds, one of my amazing spreadsheeters.

6. I’m really sorry to tell you that the only thing you can win from this tournament is eternal glory and the winner’s title.

7. Have fun!

All of your scores will be kept listed in the spreadsheet.

Flag Post

Qualifier

In order to qualify, you must complete one of the 62 tasks mentioned in the list in the spreadsheet’s Qualification tab / in this pastebin list. Here’s an example screenshot of me completing the Jumpcat task:

Whatever game you use, your screenie must have the score shown somehow in the game itself, the Kongregate green (or yellow) plug and the score shown in the game’s API (aka the Highscores tab, Today page).

You have time to qualify until the 17th August, 2012 and 5:30 PM (GMT+3). An unlimited amount of people may qualify. Round 1 will begin soonishly after the qualifier ends. Good luck to everyone!

Flag Post

YES! AXON IS ON THE LIST!

Flag Post

Discreetly points towards Cirplosion if you want an easy entry

Flag Post

Flag Post

Yay! A Bluji tourney!

Flag Post

Excellent use of hard badges.

Flag Post

4. Hacking, cheating and score editing in highly prohibited.

Theoretically, if one had a genie lamp, and had 3 wishes, would it be cheating to use one of your wishes to win?

Flag Post

@Maist: Yes. Of course.

Flag Post

What if you wished to “have the skills to win”?

Then you would win due to your own skills.

Flag Post

Realistically, genie lamps don’t exist.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MaistlinRajere:

What if you wished to “have the skills to win”?

Then you would win due to your own skills.

Yup, that work. Just go to the Cave of Wonders now, and look for the curved lantern with the Djinn inside.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bluji:

Realistically, genie lamps don’t exist.

Says who?

Flag Post

I already have good feelings towards this tourney. :)

Flag Post

Flag Post

[Deleted because I decided not to compete]

Flag Post

Are you allowed to put screenshots on the kong art page? I have my screenie in paint ready but I dont know…

Flag Post

Not sure, but it would be better and easier for the staff of the competition if you would, for example, load your screenies to imgur.

1. Go to imgur.com

2. Press “Computer”

3. Select the screenie

4. Press “OK”

5. Press “Start upload”

6. Take the direct link (the one that’s imgur.com/XXXXX.png)

7. Post it in this topic between exclamation marks (! link here without the spaces between the link and exclamation marks !)

8. Submit reply.

Flag Post

Hopefully works.
EDIT: danm, fail, need the highscores. Editing.
EDIT2: fix’d

Flag Post

Flag Post

Flag Post

Flag Post

Flag Post

Flag Post