Forums Kongregate

Design a Halloween (2007) theme for Kongregate's header (locked)

213 posts

Flag Post

Here’s a chance to display your artwork in front of Kongregate! Submit a Halloween themed design for Kongregate’s header to help us to get into the spirit.

Guidelines: Art may be as wide as you want, but keep in mind that most users have 1024px x 768px resolution, so try to keep artwork to be shown between the blue lines below. The height of the header is 90 pixels.

Also, the artwork should not cover up existing content (logo, utility links, sign-in box), as indicated in grayed-out areas below.

Have fun and we look forward to seeing what you guys come up with!

EDIT: Oh yeah, you may also change the color of the header, if red is not to your Halloween liking!

Flag Post

Are you one of the Admins?

Flag Post

She’s a programmer/qa, right?

Flag Post

Yes =) I’m one of the quiet ones.

Flag Post

Awsome another art competition i love his week.

Flag Post

@smigbob: Actually, I’m the UI designer for Kongregate. Are you gonna submit something??

Flag Post

No, but if I were you, I’d take a look at Jindo’s.

Flag Post

Well the pumpkin Jindo made doesnt look kongregatey.

Flag Post

Probably gonna sound dumb but what is a UI plus here is my first submission.

Flag Post

No, but if I were you, I’d take a look at Jindo’s.

Oh totally. We like Jindo’s and will consider his design with everyone else’s. The only thing I see is that his current art will be covered up by the above-mentioned content in the header.

the pumpkin Jindo made doesnt look kongregatey.

It’s okay, as long as it looks Halloween-y =)

what is a UI plus here is my first submission.

Great! UI stands for user interface. Basically a UI designer is a fancy term for web designer, but taking in more account for the users’ interaction with the site.

Flag Post

im not a good artist so im jus gonna make a suggestion tht mebbe having a jackolanturn with ants crawling on it

Flag Post

Thanks Theresa umm is there a are Deadline for this thing or when a a banner you like pops out.Red snake i might try that.

Flag Post

Officially judging/announcement will occur Monday morning, so get your submissions in by Sunday night or Monday morning if you’re to the east of CA. Winner will get (aside from the satisfaction of seeing their header, and their name announced in news post/email) a points award TBD.

Flag Post

Ooh, sounds fun -draws concept art, DOESN’T scan it because my scanner is a POS, opens up GiMP and a Wacom tablet.
More details later, lemme go draw the concept art.

Flag Post

how do i do asterisks, btw?

Flag Post

**two in a row?

Flag Post

I’ll just use italics

Flag Post

Hmmm… I’m gonna try this :D I’m a bad drawer… but I’ll go for a Pen Sketch type then color it in…

Flag Post

Best I could do

Flag Post

A bit dark, ain’t it?

Flag Post

Meh. Not THAT dark.

Flag Post

Kongregate dresses up as Newgrounds for halloween. _

Flag Post

Haha, that’s hilarious. I don’t think we can actually do that, though. :(

Flag Post

you should do the pink theme from a while back.

Flag Post

Ha! Nice one, KapKyle!