Forums Kongregate

Design a Halloween (2007) theme for Kongregate's header page 2 (locked)

213 posts

Flag Post

Change the normal banner to a .gif and make it flash BOO at infrequent intervals.

Flag Post

Boo! should appear every 10 seconds,and it should last 1 second

Flag Post

nice work man but it has to be infrequent or it isn’t scary!

Flag Post

Also, the artwork should not cover up existing content (logo, utility links, sign-in box), as indicated in grayed-out areas below.

Does this mean that the “KONGREGATE” logo must remain the same as it is? Same text, same exact position and same whiteness? Or can we change the text and even replace the “O” with a pumpkin if we wanted? It appears to me like we are just redesigning the red rectangle behind the existing content and the rest will hover over it in a different layer.As an example of my understanding, Nqkoi1’s banner wouldn’t actually work. It would have a big white “KONGREGATE” on top of his small gray one.

Flag Post

i like the boo.

Flag Post

You can mess with the logo all you want. Changeing the text, replacing the O, interweaving the text with characters somehow, making it drip with blood are all cool. A good rule of thumb would be whether everything important still works. Can you still see/click the links? That’s important, but covering up x online playing x free games isn’t as big a deal. And don’t worry about the Beta at all. We can be out of Beta for one day. :-)

Flag Post

So it can be a different Font right? That saves me so much…

Flag Post

Phew. I thought we had to stick to the little space offered in the background.

Flag Post

Meh…

Flag Post

Heh…

Flag Post

Man im not any good at this header stuff

also is there a list of the admins and what are their jobs since i think damijinis the art director or something but i cant be sure

Flag Post

Kapkyle, do your Pink Kongregate Image :D

It’s scary :O

Flag Post

Just posted this on COCAK should attract more competitors.

Flag Post

Ok i did one too, i tried not to overdo it but i don’t know. Critique appreciated :)

Flag Post

umm, wow, mster, thats really good.

Flag Post

why thank you

Flag Post

Best one yet.

Flag Post

Mster’s is easily the greatest.

Flag Post

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Flag Post

I don’t celebrate Halloween, but I vote for mster’s ‘cause it’s awesome :D

Flag Post

Hey frag i didnt know you photoshop.

Flag Post

I think mster’s would look better if the profile bar was the same charcoal grey it is now.

Apart from that I like it :)

Flag Post

KapKyle, you made me laugh out loud! I especially love that it’s another version of the classic “sheet over the head” ghost costume.

I think SevereFlame’s first submission has a creepy sort of Frankenstein feel, which is fun and appropriate. Could we combine in the “Boo” feature of his second submission? That would be excellent.

Flag Post
  • everyone : thanks a lot
  • unproductive : i thought it should keep a bit of the kongregate dark red somehow, seeing as the rest of the site will have the same theme. But you could be right :). I just noticed how it accidentally leaked into my avatar

Flag Post

Severeflame and mster’s headers are both awesome. I think the ’boo’s should be random on Severe’s, though.