Forums Kongregate

New badge discussion

1483 posts

Flag Post

New badges! Sometimes we love them sometimes we hate them and want to gather at greg’s house with pitchforks and torches.

Share your thoughts on the new badges, try and keep how bad/good the game is out of it, but rather how well the badges explore the game, if they could be modified, should be a harder/easier rank, or just say you think the badge is perfect.

Hopefully this could make mistakes in badges easier to spot as well and maybe clear some clutter from the badge suggestion thread.

Flag Post

I like the new badge better than the other ones we’ve had this week. Felt more like an easy than a medium to me though. Just waiting for some badges on JLB now…

Flag Post

Well, what I hate are sequels getting badges for the pure sake of them being sequels. I’ve got enough Dibbles, Papa’s and Epic War badges. I love original and interesting content. Not rehash of the same games again and again.

So for new badges, I’d like more games that aren’t sequels. Probably just me. I’m sure everyone is looking forward to Papa’s Crack Factory and Epic War VIII: War on Dibbles.

**Edited post as the topic and originating post were changed from being about a singular badge to badges in general.

Flag Post

I hate most of conceptis’s games.

meh.

Flag Post
Originally posted by The_Atari_Kid:

I am/was disappointed with this badge. This is basically the same game as the first one (just different puzzles) and the badge was exactly the same type of badge as the first game. Maybe a badge for completing a puzzle in under X minutes?

The puzzles never change, so there’s no additional skill component to doing the puzzles quickly. I didn’t mind this badge; it was a simple, relaxing diversion.

Flag Post
Originally posted by uuu2:
try and keep how bad/good the game is out of it

But the quality of a game should be one of the determining factors as to the number/difficulty of badges it gets (or even if it gets any badges at all).

Flag Post

I just realized there’s been hardly any badges recently because I am still sort of keeping up with them (not really) and some of my recent badges are from a month ago. I can only talk about this game based on rumors right now since I haven’t had a chance to play but I did like link a pix way more than pic a pix and about the same as that math one.

I heard that all the puzzles are 25×25, sounds fun.

Flag Post

Conceptis has been putting out essentially the same thing for over two years. This means either
a) He truly believes that this is the absolute best possible interface for his games, and everyone making suggestions or complaints is wrong, or
b) He can’t be bothered to change anything, since the games are getting played regardless.
So is Conceptis arrogant, or lazy? I don’t know, but I’m sick of him either way.

Flag Post
Originally posted by saneiac:

Conceptis has been putting out essentially the same thing for over two years. This means either
a) He truly believes that this is the absolute best possible interface for his games, and everyone making suggestions or complaints is wrong, or
b) He can’t be bothered to change anything, since the games are getting played regardless.
So is Conceptis arrogant, or lazy? I don’t know, but I’m sick of him either way.

Or
c) he (or she) has his own website that fills a niche, and just puts games on Kong to boost vistors to the website. Duh.

Flag Post
Originally posted by LouWeed:
Originally posted by saneiac:

Or
c) he (or she) has his own website that fills a niche, and just puts games on Kong to boost vistors to the website. Duh.

Correct, and his niche is bland puzzle games.

He just uses Kong as advertising.

Flag Post

i take this thread to be ongoing & more about badge reviews in general, rather than specifically to link-a-pix.

1) link-a-pix badge is just fine. the game doesn’t require much skill besides logical thought. the time duration is roughly 10-12 minutes per puzzle, so you’re looking at around 2 hours for 15 points.

2) there has been a decline in badges this year & lately: check the last page of http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1-kongregate/topics/201886-user-badge-graphs

3) legacy of heroes: while the badge is just fine. for energy style MMO games, i wish it would be quantified how much work a badge is expected to take

4) legacy is a bit old, so i was surprised to see it get badged when there have been some pretty good decent games lately.

Flag Post

I don’t like Legacy of Heroes very much, mainly because it is just Clash of the Dragons under a new surface.

Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:
try and keep how bad/good the game is out of it

But the quality of a game should be one of the determining factors as to the number/difficulty of badges it gets (or even if it gets any badges at all).

Right, mostly what I meant was don’t just say you hate the game and things like that.

Originally posted by wattro:

i take this thread to be ongoing & more about badge reviews in general, rather than specifically to link-a-pix.

Correct, right now it is kinda awkward because there are several new badges to be discussed, but once those are over with new badges will be the maim point of discussion.

Flag Post
Originally posted by wattro:

3) legacy of heroes: while the badge is just fine. for energy style MMO games, i wish it would be quantified how much work a badge is expected to take

As in real time actually spent on the game, or number of days/weeks it takes to actually earn the badge? Because the former is what you should be using in order to compare energy game badges to other badges. When you look at it that way, they’re actually not that long (and some are even shorter).

Flag Post

I just beat the first color a pic yesterday… T.T

Flag Post

New badges on Knightmare Tower

Pair of Pretty Princesses Badge ( easy ~ 5 points )
2 Princesses Rescued

Man on a Mission Badge ( medium ~ 15 points )
30 Quests Completed

Evil Ender Badge ( medium ~ 15 points )
Game Completed

You Have No Tower Over Me Badge ( hard ~ 30 points )
65,000 Meters Climbed in Survival Mode

Flag Post

65000 m for the hard… 50000 would have been surely enough.

Flag Post

You Have No Tower Over Me Badge ( hard ~ 30 points )
65,000 Meters Climbed in Survival Mode

Badge name used!

Originally posted by kadare:

65000 m for the hard… 50000 would have been surely enough.

I agree that 50k would have been enough, but the survival distance requirement for the Burrito Bison Revenge hard was extremely low, so I guess this helps balance it out. It is supposed to be a hard, after all.

Flag Post

As I mentioned, the game has an in game achievement for 65000 meters.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Thok:

As I mentioned, the game has an in game achievement for 65000 meters.

The final quest in Survival was for breaking through five floors—i.e. 50,000 meters—so there was in-game justification for either number. I recommended the lower value because I felt the 65k was a little too unforgiving, although I certainly don’t have a problem with the higher number being used.

Flag Post

I kinda find the first medium weird compared to the other one, because after all, you need to complete all quests to get the key for the door at the top of the tower.

Flag Post

I think 65k was about perfect. I got over 60K a couple of times, but didn’t get to 65k until I upgraded everything. And at the end of that 65k run, I only had one challenge uncompleted—the “get 3 perfect launches in a row” one, and it was 2/3, so I had a go at the one achievement I didn’t have (complete story mode in < 3:30). All in all, I think the badges were about perfect. Also, the game was way more enjoyable than BB/BBR.

Flag Post

Agreed. KT > BB > BBR

I don’t seem to be having as much luck getting 50k+ runs. I’m all upgraded, but I think once i hit 40k+ it’s a lot harder to kill enemies, and my upgraded dude feels pretty unruly sometimes.

Flag Post

I agree on Knightmare Tower being better than either of the Burrito Bisons. I kinda felt this hard badge was somehow a lot shorter than the BBR one. Dunno why.

Flag Post

You generally have a lot more control of your character in Knightmare Tower than in any Burrito Bison, which I assume appeals to people.