Forums Kongregate

adv0catus Ego Inflation

16 posts

Flag Post

adv0catus! He likes to chat in The Labyrinth, one of his favorite games is Gemcraft Labyrinth. His favorite movie…Labyrinth? That would have been a good question, but I didn’t ask it(oops!). Let’s start working our way through the intricate maze of subtle intricacies that make adv0catus the gamer he is.

Real Name - That’s classified.

Location - I’m Canadian, eh.

What is the origin of your username?

My username was originally Latin. I made it when I played a game called Utopia wwwaaayyyy back in like, ‘05. The full thing is ‘advocatus diaboli’ but I usually shorten it to just advocatus. Someone is cybersquatting that name (hasn’t logged in since 2009 shakes fist) so I use my semi-standard ‘adv0catus’ (that’s a number, not a letter!) variation.

There’s more to the story, but it’s not a very happy ending, so I don’t like talking about it.

What brought you to Kong?

Ironically enough, to tear myself away from Armor Games in an attempt to spend less time glued to my laptop. Then I found Anti-Idle, and yeah… Not so much.

What are your favorite games? Yes I am that lazy to not click on your favorite games on your profile. =] Why are they your favorites? Do you like a specific genre of game, does any aspect draw you to a game more than others?

I like a few. I like Anti-Idle, Decision (1 and 2), Gemcraft Labyrinth, William and Sly 2. I don’t like any genre in specific. I like AI because it’s just such a massive game, to complete it will take years – literally. Decision 1&2 is just a really fun game. GCL is just, fantastic – the best TD ever made. William and Sly 2 (2, can’t forget the 2, not 1!) is just beautiful. I-

What kind of role do you see for yourself on Kongregate? (are you a big gamer, like to chat, hang out in the forums, all of the above…) What would you consider your biggest accomplishment(s) here, and talk about some of your history on the site.

I’m definitely a chatter and forumer (/1/ and /7/ mostly).

Do you socialize much on Kongregate? How do you like the chat rooms and forums? Any friends on here you want to give a shout-out?

I am fairly social. I like the rooms and forums very much, makes Kong unique and enjoyable. I can usually be found in Labyrinth, but the summer has not been kind, so I float around a bit. The Red Bucket is a great place to be, hint hint. ;) No shout outs ‘cause I don’t want to forget anyone accidentally and/or hurt feelings. You know who you are, though. ;)

You get a wish upon a star, what would it be?

If I tell you, it won’t come true. :O

In Rbots by A10_com, you navigate the robot heads back to their bodies, so the robots can dance again. What game on Kongregate comes to mind for a story you enjoyed, or a story you would like to see on a Kongregate game?

Robot-wise, the game (I forget the name) where you’re this robot and you need to first find your mom then in the sequel you need to find your dad. I like them, but I find them frustrating/hard so I haven’t beaten either. In general, I like The Company of Myself-style games (but not the prequel).

Which game on Kongregate has your favorite music, or what music do you listen to while gaming on Kong?

The… Mardi Gras? one has pretty bad-ass music. Enigmata Stellar War is pretty neat too.

Are you a Brony? Your opinion on Bronies?

I wouldn’t go as far as to say I’m a “brony”. I’ve watched a few episodes, but just mainly found the show ridiculously boring. :P As for bronies, whatever floats your boat. :P

The witch in Snow White used an apple to cast her spell. The witch in Brave used a cake to cast her spell. Have witches gone too far, and should cake be considered “Switzerland” by witches?

Cakes are sacred ground. You don’t mess with cakes. Ever. Although, in Brave, I’d consider that more a pastry then a cake. /semantics

Vampire hunting, Zombie apocalypse, any protips would be appreciated to survive either one.

Vampire hunting, be fit as hell. For the zombie apocalypse, oh man. Common sense above all. You either need to find an impenetrable fortress that you are 2485% sure is safe, or stay mobile. Travel alone or with a select few. You have to be able to shoot your friends if they get infected. That’s the #1 way to die.

Poetry. Are you a fan?

I hate poetry with a passion. As you can tell from my essay responses, I’m a writer. I don’t mind as much reading select poems (Jabberwocky) but I hate writing poetry.

Flag Post

Thanks for a great interview, adv0catus!

Originally posted by JesseMH8:

favorite movie…Labyrinth?

William and Sly 2 (2, can’t forget the 2, not 1!) is just beautiful. I-

So, favorite movie?

and idk what happened, just the true beauty of William and Sly 2 left you speechless?

Flag Post

Adv0, how many zombie plans to do have??

Also, William and Sly? Woot woot! Excellent game choice. :D

Flag Post

No, thank you. That’s an impressive amount of links.

So, favorite movie?

Hmm. I’m never much to have a favourite something, animal, movie, etc. The last movie I decided was my favourite was Daredevil and I’ve never decided on anything else, so let’s go with that.

and idk what happened, just the true beauty of William and Sly 2 left you speechless?

Must be! But can you blame me?

Adv0, how many zombie plans to do have??

I actually don’t have a solid plan. I tend to think on my feet and wing things. Besides, there’s so many different dynamics in a zombie apocalypse and they can change so rapidly. To take those into account you’d need hundreds of different plans and that’ll just bog you down.

Also, William and Sly? Woot woot! Excellent game choice. :D

William and Sly 2 and thank-you.

Flag Post

Nice interview, adv0!

Flag Post

K.O.L.M. is the game you forgot the name of.

Flag Post
Nice interview, adv0!

Thank-you very much!

K.O.L.M. is the game you forgot the name of.

Yup, that’d be it.

Flag Post

Labyrinth is a pretty amazing movie. :D
Thank MadJedi again for changing that to the name!

Flag Post
Originally posted by VforVendetta:

Labyrinth is a pretty amazing movie. :D

Amazing and weird in the same time :D

Flag Post

favorite movie…Labyrinth?

William and Sly 2 (2, can’t forget the 2, not 1!) is just beautiful. I-

So, favorite movie?

No, you obviously interrupted him with your next question. How rude! :-P

Flag Post

Nice interview.

I posted. Happy?

Flag Post
Originally posted by dragonologist23:

Nice interview.

I posted. Happy?

yes. oh wait did mean someone else. whooooops i wasn’t CARING!

Flag Post

great interview!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Thorock:

great interview!

Thank-you.

Flag Post

Wooo Adv0000!

Flag Post

He didn’t want to shoutout because he could only think of me.