Forums Kongregate

ES-Razzi Tutorials - How to Take a Screenshot

54 posts

Flag Post

TUTORIAL DIRECTORY

This tutorial will tell you how to take a screenshot.

MAC:
To take a screenshot on a mac, you can do one of the following:

To take a picture of your whole screen, press Command() + Shift + 3. This will save a picture of your screen as a file on your desktop.

To take a picture of part of your screen, press Command() + Shift + 4. Drag the cursor around the part of your screen you want to capture. This will appear as a box or rectangle.

WINDOWS:

1) Press the Print Screen button on the keyboard. This will capture the screen and place it on the clipboard. Hold down the ALT key before pressing the Print Screen button to confine the screen shot to the foremost window.

2) Create a new image file in Photoshop or Elements to paste in the screen shot you have collected on the clipboard. Elements Users: Choose File>New>Image From Clipboard. Photoshop Users: Choose File>New. A New Image dialog will appear with the dimensions of the screen shot in the clipboard. Click OK on this dialog and then press Ctrl+V to paste.

3) Save the image.

UPLOADING THE IMAGES

To upload the images onto the internet, you can use many sites. The most popular are photobucket and imageshack. Personally, I use ImageShack, so I will demonstrate using that website.

1) Go to www.imageshack.us/

2) A form will appear:

3) Click on Choose File. Find the file and click open to have the image placed there. It will look like this:

*YOU DO NOT NEED TO INSERT YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS!!

4) At the bottom of the form, click Host It!

5) An ad for Yahoo! Hotjobs might pop up. Close this window.

6) You will get your image URLs listed:

7) Ignore those. Scroll all the way to the bottom and click show on the last option:

8) On your next page, you will see your image to the right. Click on it.

9) Your image should be full screen now. Copy the URL in the address bar.

10) Go to whatever thread you are making and post the URL with exclamation marks around it:

11) Submit your post. The line of code with the exclamation marks will turn your URL into a picture.

Flag Post

Now, the thing is, I have a laptop made to be a mac, but I put windows on it. So I have windows, but not a printscreen button. Does anybody know if it’s possible for me to screenshot?

Flag Post

This is really important for new people. Nice job.

Flag Post

Now, the thing is, I have a laptop made to be a mac, but I put windows on it. So I have windows, but not a printscreen button. Does anybody know if it’s possible for me to screenshot?

If it is a mac computer, it still uses the Command + Shift + 3 function.

Also, why buy a mac when you could buy a cheaper PC model?

Flag Post

Mac is a good computer for laptops. PCs are good for desktops.

Flag Post

uhh…

command shift 3 won’t do it.

Flag Post

Add this:

Laptop:press the [fn] button and insert [prt sc]

Flag Post

ES: get all the tutorials you’ve made, and put them all into one big thread, and it might get stickied :D

Flag Post

Sticky POWAH!

Flag Post

this is useful information. I use photobucket

Flag Post

insert [prt sc]

what? uh, if you mean the “prt sc” button, I don’t have that.

Flag Post

It should be on the “insert” button

Flag Post

Ill update this thread soon. I am seeing what I can do regarding a large single thread with all my guides. After I get a result, I will update every one of my guides.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Flag Post

Might be best to move all the threads to Tech. Support and leave one thread here that links to all the tutorials.

Flag Post

Might be best to move all the threads to Tech. Support and leave one thread here that links to all the tutorials.

Not all of my tutorials are tech support. All of my guides have to do with different features of the site and are mostly FAQ that I have heard from other users. It would seem misplaced there.

Flag Post

Might not be Tech. Support “per se” but it is the one of the more least used forums and won’t disappear that quickly. And you leave a thread here that links to all the other threads. That’s what I meant, else your tutorials would get lost in the flood.

Flag Post

I see. Ill see what I can do.

Flag Post
Originally posted by sirferret2:

Use on screen keyboard.

Flag Post

It should be on the “insert” button

I don’t have an “insert” button.

Use on screen keyboard.

I’ll try that but I hope there is some better way that doesn’t involve a keyboard image obstructing my view.

Flag Post

I’ll try that but I hope there is some better way that doesn’t involve a keyboard image obstructing my view.

What kind of computer do you have?

Flag Post

in linux the easiest way is to install the imagemagick package and then do either import -window root screenshot.jpg
or import screenshot.jpg and select the area you wish to save. You can also add -pause N to make it pause for N seconds before taking it, which might be useful for closing windows or moving them out of the way or what have you.

Should also be usable in OS X. ;)

Flag Post

What kind of computer do you have?

I have a MacBook with Windows XP

Flag Post

I have a MacBook with Windows XP

Right. You already mentioned that. Sorry.

Since I have never run into a case like that with anyone I know, I do not know how a system like that functions and therefore I am unable to provide help. I apologize. Perhaps someone else here would be able to help.

Flag Post

Macbook running Windows XP/Vista through Bootcamp:

Same for Mac OS.

Macbook running Windows XP:

Fn + F11

Macbook running Windows Vista:

Fn+Shift+F11

Don’t take my word for these, I haven’t tested them. Fn+Shift+F11 might also be the right one for Mac+XP. Hope this helps.

Flag Post

For vista users you can also use the Snipping Tool, just like the print screen with the exception that you are able to choose what you want in your frame and there is no pesky pasting.