Forums Kongregate

[Tournament] The Road Not Taken (Round 3) page 6 (locked)

151 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by DragonArcherZ:

Can I ask y’all something? How the hell do you get 3 mil+?

Use the shark gun.

Flag Post

Flag Post

Flag Post

OK, new score that isn’t RIGHT on the edge of the red zone. Although still not safe.

http://i.imgur.com/0O1rw.png

EDIT: New, safe score.

Flag Post

Round Over. No more scores accepted.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Green32:

Round Over. No more scores accepted.

Stealin’ my thunder. Next round will be up tonight.

Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:
Originally posted by JoshDragon:
Originally posted by racefan12:

It seems that everyone—including the host of this tournament—misunderstood my complaints about this game.

Oh well, it’s in the past now. Good luck to everyone—for the rest of this tournament, and for all tournaments to come in the future.

I hope you’re not retiring Race.:(

You did, so why can’t I?

Ha ha, well I haven’t exactly stopped.

Flag Post

Ha ha, well I haven’t exactly stopped.

Something you want to confess to?

Flag Post

WOAH, WOAH, WOAH, WOAH, I just woke up to submit my newest score and I saw the round was over?! Can I still submit it? I gave my screenshots and showed it to Blizzard2000 yesterday or the day before if anybody needs a reputable “witness”. I’ll repost them-…it now anyway:

Also, there is another pic of my death screen if there are any other doubters since this is a death pic and Blizz has it, I had the imgur page saved in my history but I deleted it afterward once I gave it to Blizz :P My main point is that I submitted my score to a spreadsheet guy so that he could update my score at the last minute in my absence, unfortunately something must have happened to him but when he returns he can vouch for it. Sorry but my sleep schedule is erratic.

Flag Post

Nevermind, Blizzard made it clear that although I submitted my score to him before the deadline it doesn’t count because I happened to oversleep. I’m out of this tourney, gratz to Dustin on his great and mighty score.

Flag Post

Wii missed the deadline and got eliminated because he forgot to post. Cirpacha fell asleep while waiting to ninja in the quarterfinals of a previous tourney and didn’t get through. Why should you be different? That is a very nice score, though, and I’m sorry that I could not post it for you.

EDIT: At Trophy’s request, here is his game over screen:

Flag Post

Huh? Why are you out of the tourney? Isn’t that your 393 score in 2nd place, TrophyMaster?

Flag Post

I’m out because a score counter doesn’t want to accept my score. If you ask him he’ll tell you that he saw my score, death screen and all and has the pics or did. But I guess that doesn’t count as a submission. And I don’t want to take part in a tourney where those in charge of updating the scores refuse to accept proof of submission as being equal to a normal submission despite circumstances that are out of the participants control. I had to take care of a kitten all day yesterday while my sister was on the computer and I was forced to do schoolwork as soon as I woke up today. I’m sorry if I’m the only one who thinks that shit but I can’t see me continuing to participate in such farce.

Flag Post

Flag Post
Originally posted by TrophyMaster:

Nubz, Ima break 500 here soon _

This was your score from two days ago, that counted. you finished second in that round as T6 has just shown.

Flag Post

Honestly, why couldn’t you post when you got it? If you had access to a computer at the time, why not post then? You got through anyways, but if you hadn’t, it would be the same situation.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SilentSand:

Honestly, why couldn’t you post when you got it? If you had access to a computer at the time, why not post then? You got through anyways, but if you hadn’t, it would be the same situation.

Because I was hoping to, as so many do, wait til the latest I could in case I got a better score or so that I could ensure my first. I really didn’t expect to be caught off only 4 hrs late. I’d love to continue playing in the tourney but I can’t see how when I’ll just have my scores get not counted.

Originally posted by Green32:

Nubz, Ima break 500 here soon _

This was your score from two days ago, that counted. you finished second in that round as T6 has just shown.

Refer to Blizz’s edit. I may not have submitted that score earlier but I went to bed last night intending to submit my latest score as soon as possible when I woke up. But I had obligations to do my schoolwork as I take cyber school. If it weren’t for that I would’ve been able to submit it on time. And I DID have a spreadsheet’r see my score two days ago, ask Blizz himself. He would’ve also posted on my behalf had certain circumstances not prevented him. It’s not like I didn’t take precautions to avoid this.

Flag Post

Your scores will be counted just fine as long as you post them as soon as you get them. Ninja posting is mainly useful for games without high score boards, such as this one, which aren’t usually used in the later rounds of tournaments.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blizzard2000:

Your scores will be counted just fine as long as you post them as soon as you get them. Ninja posting is mainly useful for games without high score boards, such as this one, which aren’t usually used in the later rounds of tournaments.

All I’m trying to say is that if someone qualified to update scores on the behalf of submitters knows that I had a higher score before the deadline that I shouldn’t be forced to be bound by my lower score. Especially when I missed out on an entire day that I intended to submit it due to circumstances that I could not have prevented.

Flag Post

As a fellow participant with no special powers, I think that the right decision was made. The rules clearly say what kind of screenshot to take and where and when to post them (in this thread, before the deadline). If you submit your score in secret, that only confuses other participants, because we can’t see the screenshot and have no way of knowing if it’s valid or not.

Flag Post

I put a note on your score saying you got 466. Can this issue be over with now, please?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blizzard2000:

All I’m trying to say is that if someone qualified to update scores on the behalf of submitters knows that I had a higher score before the deadline that I shouldn’t be forced to be bound by my lower score. Especially when I missed out on an entire day that I intended to submit it due to circumstances that I could not have prevented.

I have no sympathy. If we could just show our scores privately to the nearest spreadsheeter and tell them to post at the last second, everyone would do that instead of posting. We need SOME disincentive to ninjas. And it’s not like the round was closed early. You knew when it was closing. It wouldn’t be the first time someone failed to post due to real life getting in the way.

Hey, guess what happens at a chess tournament if you don’t report your win to the TD in a timely manner? That’s right, you get marked for a loss and possibly DQ’d.

But anyway… it’s not like you are eliminated. You got second. Unless there’s some tournament mechanism we aren’t aware of, it won’t matter at all for the rest of the tournament whether you got first in the round or just scraped by. I once got the all time high score on a game just a few minutes after the round ended. I didn’t go asking for it to be accepted, and if I had it would have been a joke. Scores MUST be POSTED in the thread by the deadline. That’s the rule, and it’s there for good reason.

Unless the TD wants to do things differently. But I hope not.

I’d love to continue playing in the tourney but I can’t see how when I’ll just have my scores get not counted.

Oh? If you continue, you plan to not post your score AGAIN? Because that’s pretty much the only way it’s not getting counted.

tl; dr version:

1) It’s not hard to post your score.
2) This didn’t eliminate you. No harm, no foul.

Flag Post

I have to say that doing a ninja is the least satisfying way to win a tournament. I have ninja’d some very good gamers in the past and I’ve always felt it was a cheap way out because I knew there was always a good chance they’d break my score if they found out what it was.

I don’t have much respect for that playing style but I fully admit that it does work.

@TrophyMaster. Your score is 4 hours late. IMO, it shouldn’t be accepted if it’s even five minutes late but I don’t understand why you are being eliminated, since you had 393.:?

Flag Post
Originally posted by DustinDestroyer:

I have to say that doing a ninja is the least satisfying way to win a tournament. I have ninja’d some very good gamers in the past and I’ve always felt it was a cheap way out because I knew there was always a good chance they’d break my score if they found out what it was.

I don’t have much respect for that playing style but I fully admit that it does work.

@TrophyMaster. Your score is 4 hours late. IMO, it shouldn’t be accepted if it’s even five minutes late but I don’t understand why you are being eliminated, since you had 393.:?

Because he’s resigning due to us not accepting his late score, apparently. Oh well, his choice.

Flag Post

I’m out because a score counter doesn’t want to accept my score. If you ask him he’ll tell you that he saw my score, death screen and all and has the pics or did. But I guess that doesn’t count as a submission. And I don’t want to take part in a tourney where those in charge of updating the scores refuse to accept proof of submission as being equal to a normal submission despite circumstances that are out of the participants control. I had to take care of a kitten all day yesterday while my sister was on the computer and I was forced to do schoolwork as soon as I woke up today. I’m sorry if I’m the only one who thinks that shit but I can’t see me continuing to participate in such farce.

I don’t understand why you thought Blizzard would accept your score if it hadn’t been posted in the thread.

Posting your score in the tournament thread is a lot like showing your hand in poker. It’s not the same thing if you just show the cards to another player. You’ve got to put them face down so that everyone can see what you’ve got.