Forums Kongregate

Bring Art Back!

15 posts

Flag Post

I recently saw eProdigy’s artwork here on Kongregate and was amazed by one in particular, and it reminded me of how backwards it was to remove artwork and sounds from the profiles. Keeping the goals of becoming more social and building the community in mind, I think it seems very counter-community to reduce the amazing work of artists and musicians down to a tiny red number. Is there any consideration going on about bringing these back to the profiles? Maybe promoting some kind of community highlights for artists and musicians as well, in the fancy new Community section? I sincerely hope there is, as I remember I used to enjoy much more art and music on the site before they were taken away and I’d love to see more focus placed on such amazing content.

I realize this is redundant and has been discussed before, but I think it needs to be brought up until some changes are made. We got Friends and Fans back, so who knows…

Flag Post

How would you suggest re-integrating it into the profile?
Utilizing the Community Spotlight is a great idea and I support it 100%. At the very least, it’d be nice if it was updated.

Flag Post

I second, fourth, and seventh this!

Flag Post

I think bring it back in a section just like Games on a developer’s profile, much like it was before. Or it could appear in its own module off to the side… There are plenty of places they could fit on the new profiles.

Flag Post

I wasn’t on Kongregate back when artwork used to be on the profiles, but it seems like a splendid idea!
I third, fourth and fifth this @Wiggles

Flag Post

How would you suggest re-integrating it into the profile?

Next to the “Games by ___”, like it always was?

The Collabs is so underrated they need to do something to promote it.

And I would probably actually use the Community Spotlight if they add Collabs art to it.

Flag Post

I support spotlighting great artwork and music somewhere on the site more than what it is now.

Edit @ below: Need a cough drop? D:

Flag Post
Originally posted by DarkRainyKnight:

I support spotlighting great artwork and music somewhere on the site more than what it is now.

*cough* front page *cough*

Flag Post

Personally, I thought that one of epro’s wasn’t too special (hell, none of his are special), only 8/10.

I don’t really see why we should do this.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jaskaran2000:

Personally, I thought that one of epro’s wasn’t too special (hell, none of his are special), only 8/10.

It isn’t that special. But it was enough to inspire Mosh to make this forum topic. Most people want Arts & Sounds back to the way it was, anyways. I’m sure the admins will consider it.

Flag Post

8/10 isn’t special? I seriously doubt we are going to have masterpiece artists on the site so do you really expect perfection here on Kong?

8/10 is probably one of the best we have, thus ePro possibly being one of the best artists on the site.

Flag Post

It’s not whether the person mentioned in the OP is special or not, this is a discussion about bringing out Collabs to a brighter light. Probably 80% of the userbase doesn’t know or had already forgotten about the existence of Collabs.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DarkRainyKnight:

8/10 isn’t special? I seriously doubt we are going to have masterpiece artists on the site so do you really expect perfection here on Kong?

8/10 is probably one of the best we have, thus ePro possibly being one of the best artists on the site.

D’aww shucks :>
*blushes*

Flag Post

Not bothering to write 2000-word essay why Kongregate should make art section more prominent so I’m just shamelessly going to +1 OP’s post

Flag Post

Not to my standards, I’ve seen 10/10.

Originally posted by eProdigy:

Perhaps they could include literature/poetry in the Art section. Short stories, poems, even novels! That would make life so much better.

It is included, if you look here