Forums Kongregate

[Tournament] The Road Not Taken (Quarterfinal) (locked)

142 posts

Flag Post

Moving forward, we have…

Dino Run: Marathon of Doom for the Running group.

And CogHeart Says for the Retro group.
Mutant Alien Assault

Usual rules for the screenshots apply, including that they must be posted in the thread to be counted. The accepted score in Mutant Alien Assault is your current score, not your best.

As always, the spreadsheet is located here, totally ready to go for the next round.
This round will end at 12:00 Noon EST (GMT -5) on November 24th, 2012.

Flag Post

First score get:

Flag Post

Just to have a score.

Flag Post

Luck-based :(

Flag Post

In CogHeart Says, either screenshot format is fine- with the end game screen, or with the Moshi highscores up.

Flag Post

Flag Post

CogHeart Says is very luck based. I personally don’t think the luck element is small enough to be used in the semis, but whatever, host’s call.

EDIT: Oops, yeah. Quarters.

Flag Post

Dino Run sucks. You get a big boulder in front of you, and you cannot pass it. nuff said.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blizzard2000:

CogHeart Says is very luck based. I personally don’t think the luck element is small enough to be used in the semis, but whatever, host’s call.

Quarters. But if it comes to be a problem, I may have a backup…

Flag Post

Agreed. The score relies far too much on the amount of movements you have to do in order to get out of the hearts’ path.

Flag Post

I chose this side thinking there wouldn’t be any endless-survival-type games. I was wrong.

Flag Post

Flag Post

My highscores on dino run aren’t updating.

And am I the only one who finds that sometimes their controls are unresponsive sometimes?

Flag Post
Originally posted by T6salt:

And am I the only one who finds that sometimes their controls are unresponsive sometimes?

You have to press submit score. And no, you are not the only one; It happens to me a majority of the time. It is REALLY annoying.

Flag Post
Originally posted by T6salt:

You need to submit your score.

Anyway, there seems to be a slight issue with in-game/API scores on Dino Run, but the difference (here at least) is negligible.

Flag Post

Flag Post

http://i.imgur.com/Dfuru.png

Another bad game choice for the runners, thanks!

Flag Post

I stayed in one spot for the entire game, and only died because I moved out of it.

Flag Post

4th try had 7 moves memorized and then ran into a near impossible maneuver. wasn’t lucky at all.
Photobucket

Flag Post

Just to score.

Flag Post

Game change please, it’s endurance until you get a certain type of required movement and then you have a ridiculously small amount of time to react.

Flag Post

Game change please, it’s endurance until you get a certain type of required movement and then you have a ridiculously small amount of time to react.

Agreed.

Flag Post

It’s not too hard to react to it as in you have enough frames that it’s not crazy but it does require some timing. I thought it was impossible but because it’s not you can technically keep going any one game play so I think the game is fair enough.

On the other hand a game change isn’t unreasonable.

If there is one though can we extend the round until Tuesday? Pweeease :)

Flag Post

I heavily dislike this game (Cogheart Says) and vote for a game change. Despite my gripes about the last game, at least HODN gauged player skill, while I cannot say the same for Cogheart.

Flag Post

Cogheart sucks. Please change it.