Forums Kongregate

[Tournament] The Road Not Taken (Semifinal) (locked)

77 posts

Flag Post

You know the drill.

The Running group will be doing a different kind of running in Freeway Fury.

And the Retro group will be playing Untouchable.
Tetris Achievements At level 0, height 5 on game mode A.

Usual rules for the screenshots apply, including that they must be posted in the thread to be counted. The accepted score in Untouchable is your most recent, not your best. In addition, it should match your kongregate highscore.

The top 2 from each group will advance to the final!

As always, the spreadsheet is located here, totally ready to go for the next round.
This round will end at 12:00 Noon EST (GMT -5) on December 4, 2012.

Flag Post

Goddamnit, I was going to use Untouchable.

Flag Post

Gaddamit. I would have pwned at FF.

As always, the spreadsheet is located “here,”https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtiP2UxD4Fa2dE82MFNybG5lTTNpSkIxUGJZY3pFcEE&pli=1#gid=8 totally ready to go for the next round.

You forgot a :

Flag Post

Not a bad first try. And god damn it, I wanted to use this game so bad.

Flag Post

Second try. Why isn’t my score updating? :(
EDIT: My bosses defeated and best combo stat updated, but not score. I guess I’ll just record my runs…

Flag Post

Problem with updating scores, Blizzard faced it too, it updated my combo and kills (I believe, haven’t checked) but not the end game score. Don’t think the guy made his API that great. If this isn’t accepted then just take me out of the tourney, screencapture recording is impossible for me on this computer without lag the likes of which I doubt any of you has ever seen, ask Blizz about my House of Dead Ninjas attempted record XD.

Flag Post

Recorded it, will PM the video to hip later.

Flag Post

I should’ve known you’d use the exploit to up your score…shame on you Blizz…shame on you :’(

Flag Post

Took long enough for the round.
Also, why are you assuming Blizz used an exploit?

Flag Post

Flag Post
Originally posted by SilentSand:

Because of my kills. He’s correct, you can farm the final boss for infinite score, which neither Prec, hip, nor I found when testing it, apparently. >.<

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blizzard2000:

Because of my kills. He’s correct, you can farm the final boss for infinite score, which neither Prec, hip, nor I found when testing it, apparently. >.<

I didn’t play as far as the final boss; that’s my excuse!

Anyway, here’s a score.

Flag Post

Now that’s grounds for a game change.

Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:

Maybe not. Hip could just require that you have under 350-360 kills. Of course, there’s still the problem of scores not submitting if you beat the game…

Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:

Maybe not. Hip could just require that you have under 350-360 kills. Of course, there’s still the problem of scores not submitting if you beat the game…

Yeah, I mean, I wouldn’t mind that, since nobody in here is the type of user to cheat I could see hip just letting the same rules apply for scoring as there was in asteroids 60secs, I think that was just with the green plug and everything. But yeah, if somebody (YOU BLIZZ) hadn’t introduced the exploit into the tourney, though it may have found its way in anyway I’ll admit, then maybe it wouldn’t have been an issue lol. Anyway, I’m just proud of my 452k without the exploit :‘D, if it’s allowed though and this becomes an endurance one, I’m currently about to finish a run with it too and save that just in case, I’d advise others to do the same.

Flag Post

People would have figured it out anyway. I haven’t played the game yet, but in a tourney of maximizing scores, I’d expect nothing less.

Flag Post
Originally posted by zAlbee:

People would have figured it out anyway. I haven’t played the game yet, but in a tourney of maximizing scores, I’d expect nothing less.

Hey man, enough posting- get to scoring! lol and True enough about the exploit, I was just hoping this game stays the same and hip uses Blizz’s suggestion. So long as it’s under 360 kills I doubt anyone will complain.

Flag Post

I AM SPEED INCARNATE

Flag Post

Now with 100% fewer exploits.

Flag Post

I vote for a game change.

I like untouchable. It’s a fun game but it’s too easy to exploit the scoring system. There are lots of points where you can farm for enemies and that just takes all the fun away.

I’d rather play something more appropriate for the semi-finals. A game without an easily exploitable scoring system.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DustinDestroyer:

I like untouchable. It’s a fun game but it’s too easy to exploit the scoring system. There are lots of points where you can farm for enemies and that just takes all the fun away.

I’d rather play something more appropriate for the semi-finals. A game without an easily exploitable scoring system.

I’d much prefer simply limiting the amount of kills you can have for an acceptable score to 350, or maybe even less.

Flag Post

I’d much prefer simply limiting the amount of kills you can have for an acceptable score to 350, or maybe even less.

There are other ways to exploit the game, besides killing lots of enemies. I’m sure you guys have noticed that the score still tallies when the boss is in it’s immunity stage.

You could potentially grind out an incredible score by shooting the boss when it’s invulnerable. That wouldn’t have any affect on the total number of enemies you killed.

Flag Post

Huh. No, I didn’t notice that.

Flag Post

There are other ways to exploit the game, besides killing lots of enemies. I’m sure you guys have noticed that the score still tallies when the boss is in it’s immunity stage.

You could potentially grind out an incredible score by shooting the boss when it’s invulnerable. That wouldn’t have any affect on the total number of enemies you killed.

Hey, there really aren’t any other areas in the game except possibly ONE that on my second run I tested with no results. Like Blizz said, 360 or 350 kills max sounds like a great limit to set because the marginal score difference at that level won’t make a single difference at all, especially since you aren’t necessarily exploiting the final boss clones for fear of reaching the kill limit before the boss and the fact they’d eat up your kills. So 350 sounds like a good min to me, especially since I didn’t use the exploit on it <:P

Flag Post

Improved ’sploitless score