Forums Kongregate

Badge of the Day

13 posts

Flag Post

There seems to be something of a trend in badges of the day recently in that weekday badges seem to be mostly medium and weekend badges mostly easy. Isn’t that exactly the wrong way round? During the week, most people are busy with work or school or both; at the weekend, we have more time for gaming.

Wouldn’t it make more sense to have mostly easy badges during the week and medium/hard badges at the weekend?

beeble.

Flag Post

Actually, the BotD picker is already set up to pick hard badges only on the weekend, for precisely that reason. Beyond that, though, it’s all random, so you’re just seeing a particular random streak.

Flag Post

Well, it’s good that hard badges can only appear at the weekend but I think it would be better to bias it toward easy badges during the week and perhaps not have easy badges at the weekend.

beeble.

Flag Post
Originally posted by plujan:

Actually, the BotD picker is already set up to pick hard badges only on the weekend, for precisely that reason. Beyond that, though, it’s all random, so you’re just seeing a particular random streak.

I have my doubts that “beyond that, though, it’s all random” I think that there are times when they can actually pick and chose what badge should be the botd. For example, Papa’s Pizzerria was the botd yesterday (or the day before?) right after Hot Doggeria was badged. I think that the same went for effing worms.

Flag Post

Maybe. The only times I know the BotD selection wasn’t random were with the Walk Like a Pirate and Mardi Gras quests.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blizzard2000:

Maybe. The only times I know the BotD selection wasn’t random were with the Walk Like a Pirate and Mardi Gras quests.

There was also a retro vs. high quality games, and a robot themed one.

Flag Post

Maybe somebody is bribing greg/raw to manually choose a certain game for the next BoTD. How could they?! :C

Flag Post

From my understanding it’s all done randomly but greg will make “adjustments” occasionally. For example, if a ridiculous Medium shows up on a Tuesday, or something.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

From my understanding it’s all done randomly but greg will make “adjustments” occasionally. For example, if a ridiculous Medium shows up on a Tuesday, or something.

Correct. I actually do shoot for shorter/easier during the week and longer/harder for the weekend, though I’ll admit that yesterday’s was still too long and managed to slip by.

If there’s another badge that you feel was unreasonably long for completion within a single day, let me know and I’ll take this into consideration.

Flag Post
Originally posted by greg:

If there’s another badge that you feel was unreasonably long for completion within a single day, let me know and I’ll take this into consideration.

The Toss the Turtle hard a while ago was kind of stretching it.

Flag Post
longer/harder for the weekend

*giggles like a 10 year old*

Flag Post
Originally posted by DarkRainyKnight:
longer/harder for the weekend

giggles like a 10 year old

Reported for underage.

Flag Post
Originally posted by greg:

ll admit that yesterday’s was still too long and managed to slip by.

YES! It was too hard. Worked all day on it and didn’t get it by the end *cries *