Forums Kongregate

We need a way to "turn off lights"

47 posts

Flag Post

Many other sites have a turn off the lights feature for games or watching videos, the bright white background is kind of annoying and takes away from the gaming in my opinion. Even a simple possible toggle between black and white would be awesome. Anybody else wish this feature was included?

 
Flag Post

I sure do.

If only we had that feature…

 
Flag Post

If only a certain admin coded the site with that feature… *nudges Z*

 
Flag Post

Are you all being sarcastic? if the feature exists, its buried somewhere and needs to be way more easily accessible. And if it does exist, how about growing up and helping somebody out? I know it’s a flash game site, but acting like 10 year olds is necessary.

 
Flag Post

I’m sure I saw someone post about a script for this before, but I can’t remember who. Might have been senekis.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Vilyn117:

Are you all being sarcastic? if the feature exists, its buried somewhere and needs to be way more easily accessible. And if it does exist, how about growing up and helping somebody out? I know it’s a flash game site, but acting like 10 year olds is necessary.

Sorry for not being clear. :P What eProdigy and I mean is that, no, we don’t have that feature. But it’s a strong possibility for the future.

these two are just trying to troll

So much for me dropping hints… :(

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by UZZBUZZ:

I’m sure I saw someone post about a script for this before, but I can’t remember who. Might have been senekis.

I’m not even aware how to use a “script”. I was hoping for a button. Like every other site. Thanks for actually providing an answer.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Zshadow:
Originally posted by Vilyn117:

Are you all being sarcastic? if the feature exists, its buried somewhere and needs to be way more easily accessible. And if it does exist, how about growing up and helping somebody out? I know it’s a flash game site, but acting like 10 year olds is necessary.

Sorry for not being clear. What eProdigy and I mean is that, no, we don’t have that feature, but it’s a strong possibility for the future.

Thank you for actually answering me. I noticed after you are apparently a mod, and I apologize for my apparent hostility, but I’m sure you can see after your comment and his, it did come off as possible sarcasm.

 
Flag Post

There’s nothing built in to the site to accommodate this feature.

As UZZBUZZ mentioned, there must have been a script somewhere.

Ah, here we are. It’s around here that there’s a script for it.

Not sure if it’s still functioning, but give that a shot.

 
Flag Post

There’s the stylish mod for firefox. It lets you replace the CSS of websites you visit with your own, and there’s a billion “dark and moody” versions of kongregate up there. I dislike many of them, but you should find one that fits your bill with enough searching.

 
Flag Post

As a serious night-owl, I would lurve this feature.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by DarkRainyKnight:

As a serious night-owl, I would lurve this feature.

 
Flag Post

I think I said something about the bright white background in the past, but I used the example of people being tired or who had just woken up & not being used to the brightness yet. Either way, I would like a way to dim the brightness down when needed.

 
Flag Post

I have this feature built into my computer, it reads the light level and changes the brightness accordingly. :D

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by UZZBUZZ:

I’m sure I saw someone post about a script for this before, but I can’t remember who. Might have been Senekis.

I don’t even know if it still works, but: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/125814

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Senekis93:
Originally posted by UZZBUZZ:

I’m sure I saw someone post about a script for this before, but I can’t remember who. Might have been Senekis.

I don’t even know if it still works, but: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/125814

It works, albeit not perfectly. It doesn’t completely replace the Instructions button, and it messes up the outlines of the game.

Before, during, and after.

 
Flag Post

This feature would be a great addition and should be built-in. I’d imagine it wouldn’t require all that much effort to implement, feel free to correct me if I’m wrong there.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Gama11:

This feature would be a great addition and should be built-in. I’d imagine it wouldn’t require all that much effort to implement, feel free to correct me if I’m wrong there.

It’s hard to say for certain, but I wouldn’t think it would take that much effort either. Anyway, it seems like it might be around sometime soon. :^)

 
Flag Post

Like on Putlocker. <3
That would be awesome.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by knio:

There’s nothing built in to the site to accommodate this feature.

As UZZBUZZ mentioned, there must have been a script somewhere.

Ah, here we are. It’s around here that there’s a script for it.

Not sure if it’s still functioning, but give that a shot.

Working and extremely awesome. The ONLY isue with it is the chat box is unusable (whoever codes this for the main site should really just dim the chat box but make it still usable, or switch to black background with white letters instead), but other than that its fantastic. Thank you sir.

 
Flag Post

I once made a bookmarklet to do this exact thing. I believe it was around the time I was playing “Decision 2”. It’s not quite complete, but I did make it a point to dim the chat box as well. If anyone has interest, I can upload it somewhere.

Example: http://zalbee.intricus.net/pics/kong_nightmode.png

 
Flag Post

I believe newgrounds and maxgames have a feature like this. It would be a really nice addition to the site.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Vilyn117:

toggle between black and white

BETTER YET YELLOW GREEN AND SO MUCH MOOOOOOOOOOOOOREEEEE

 
Flag Post

I highly recommend for any of you who want this feature pre-release to try this out: Sharpie Technology.
With Sharpies, if your hand is quick enough, you can easily “turn the lights off” within a matter of minutes. Furthermore, your options aren’t even limited to black.
You can make the unwanted screen area red, green, yellow — whatever you want!

I use the orange sharpie personally.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by zAlbee:

I once made a bookmarklet to do this exact thing. I believe it was around the time I was playing “Decision 2”. It’s not quite complete, but I did make it a point to dim the chat box as well. If anyone has interest, I can upload it somewhere.

Example: http://zalbee.intricus.net/pics/kong_nightmode.png

I am very interested.