Forums Kongregate

Good news, everyone! jmtb02 is joining Kongregate page 2 (locked)

113 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by T6salt:

which is part of the reason why mmo-type games have seemed more prominent. We think those games are great…

I’m dissapointed.

Also Phoenix’s link isn’t working because you got his account name wrong.

Fixed the link, thanks. And yes, we do like MMOs & CCGs. Much of the office is currently addicted to Wartune, which is a really good game. But I also love a good elephant or tower defense game.

Flag Post

Just host a hexagon compitition. Winner gets stuffs.

Flag Post

Haha

lol, I would cry

Flag Post

If you’re reinvigorating your internal development department does that mean we may finally see Smatch 2!?

Flag Post

Yes please.

Originally posted by adv0catus:

[Edit: Wait… now we have an Elephant vs. Ant situation going on.]

Eleph-ant?

Flag Post

Have fun Jmtb02. And welcome to admin position I guess.

Flag Post

Best announcement ever.

Flag Post

AH! jmtb02, you’ve always been my favorite developer! :D

Flag Post

Run Elephant Run 4 lyfe

Flag Post

you didnt give this when I CAME

i feel offended and will cry and sue you

Flag Post

Pretty good news! The single player games have undoubted been a little lackluster and it would be nice to see some new ones. However, isn’t hiring one guy to make games a little bit like putting an ice cube in a volcano to cool it down? Or will he be working with other people also, and just be the only official staff member?

Flag Post

:O

Awesome!

Flag Post

Awesome. :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by BobTheCoolGuy:

Pretty good news! The single player games have undoubted been a little lackluster and it would be nice to see some new ones. However, isn’t hiring one guy to make games a little bit like putting an ice cube in a volcano to cool it down? Or will he be working with other people also, and just be the only official staff member?

Yup, it’s only a small start as he’ll likely make a game every few months. Even if/when we scale up internal game development it’s always going to be a small (but extra cool) portion of the new games on the site each month. We’re thinking of other things to spur development/bring in additional games that range from potentially commissioning sequels to popular games to reaching out to devs making games for other platforms such as mobile. No one thing will be enough but hopefully several efforts will add up to something more substantial.

Flag Post

John, I’ve been playing your games for 10 years now (Ball Revamped II, anyone?) and I think I have told you quite a few times that you are awesome. But I didn’t know you could even get awesome-r. Welcome to Kongregate, man. You’re the best.

Flag Post

Epic Win ! :) .

Flag Post

Marvelous. Wonderful news.

Flag Post

VICTORY !

Flag Post

I love jmtb02’s games. This is a great addition. Maybe now we won’t be required to click on links to other websites when we play his games! ALL HAIL THE ANT. And elephant. And Greg.

Flag Post

Dancing rodents, jmtb02! (You know, conga rats!)

But seriously, great news. I, too, had noticed the lackluster selection of single-player games recently, and I look forward to seeing what y’all come up with. Cheers!

Flag Post

Not sure what I can say here that others haven’t already, except my congratulations. I’m sure that he will be a great asset to the Kongregate team.

Flag Post

We at Armor are sad to see John go… but wish him the best of luck at Kong. And, if nothing else, he now gets to work next to his BFF Greggles.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tasselfoot:

We at Armor are sad to see John go… but wish him the best of luck at Kong. And, if nothing else, he now gets to work next to his BFF Greggles.

Orrr… you could join him.

and that’s so win.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tasselfoot:

And, if nothing else, he now gets to work next to his BFF Greggles.

It was only a matter of time. Even my wife can’t keep us apart.

Flag Post

That was extremely unexpected… take that ArmorGames!!