Forums Kongregate

Good news, everyone! jmtb02 is joining Kongregate page 4

113 posts

Flag Post

GG John. Glad to hear you’re as greedy as we all think you are :3

JK, of course.

Darn, this means I never get to meet Carlie now, does it? I was hoping for a formal introduction or something.

Now I’m going to hug my blue oliphant and sing ‘Little Lion Man’ by Mumford and Sons to try to null the pain.

Sincerely,
Jeol

Flag Post

I’m so jelly. Congratulations, jmtb02!

Flag Post

This is splendid!

Flag Post

Does this mean you’re going to turn the KongregAnt and KongreBot into elephant-loving plush dolls? ;~;

Flag Post

Just got the link to this from AG and I’m glad he’s coming to Kong. Kong is, overall, a better sight.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ironblade41:

Just got the link to this from AG and I’m glad he’s coming to Kong. Kong is, overall, a better sight.

I agree. The red and white color scheme, as well as the general website layout, is much more appealing to me than the Armorgames layout.
Though this may just be my familiarity speaking.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheAznSensation:

I agree. The red and white color scheme, as well as the general website layout, is much more appealing to me than the Armorgames layout.

I tend to agree. I recently went to visit ArmorGames (to find the thread in their forums about this), and found myself utterly lost while trying to navigate it. It seemed like things just weren’t in the right places, or weren’t organized very well. Granted, I’ve been here for a long time, and the layouts Kongregate has used have just felt more natural to me. However, I’m sure their users probably have similar feelings towards Kongregate.

Flag Post
Originally posted by 123aaa789:
Originally posted by TheAznSensation:

I tend to agree. I recently went to visit ArmorGames (to find the thread in their forums about this), and found myself utterly lost while trying to navigate it. It seemed like things just weren’t in the right places, or weren’t organized very well. Granted, I’ve been here for a long time, and the layouts Kongregate has used have just felt more natural to me. However, I’m sure their users probably have similar feelings towards Kongregate.

What’s the link? :3 I totally want to do that too.

Flag Post

When I first started looking at Kongregate’s forums, I found it so confusing. If you find the link to a thread, please let me know. I’ve poked my head around a few times but haven’t been able to find anything.

Flag Post

Here you go.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MatrixJJC:

Here you go.

LMFAO! I was quoted! I feel honoured! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Edit: Actually, after reading more posts by them, I’ll say it was only meant as a joke and if that joke really did cause hurt feelings, then I’m honestly sorry and didn’t mean it like that.

Flag Post

Congratulations on joining Kongregate, John!
I hope you feel wonderful about all the ArmorGames users that are (quote):

in fetal position sucking thumb and crying I think I’m going into shock….I can see the light, hold me

DON’T FEEL GUILTY FOR YOUR SINS AT ALL.
JUST FEEL HAPPY AND FORGET ALL THE PEOPLE YOU LEFT BEHIND WHO ARE CRYING IN AGONY
WWWWWAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!

DON’T FEEL BAD AT ALL.
Here are some more quotes from ArmorGames in case you’re interested:
stroke the furry wall dude, just stroke the furry wall

Flag Post

A bunch of new users blew that thread up big time. So new that I don’t/hardly recognize a good deal of them. Over here I see a lot of the same sort of posts, yet instead of wails of sorrow you get gigglesnorts of glee. It amuses me.

I really do wish John the best and hope things go well for him. I’m sure he’ll keep on creating awesome games and vomiting all the awesomeness on our interwebs so people can enjoy them. Which is the main point, right? Giving people games to enjoy. Done and done, regardless of perceived camp allegiances.

And since you guys are taking people from AG, want another mod? Eh, eh? Four years of experience. Just throwing it out there. I mean, um, what? >_>

EDIT:

I swear, I’ll ban you for treason! I’ll do it! I’m crazy! Well, I’ll get around to it after these pink elephants get out of my room. Annoying things, they are.

Flag Post

Eh…can’t really say I knew John…you know, since I didn’t. But apparently us over at AG are goin to miss him..so best of luck to ya. I’ll be replacing your ephalents as mascot of AG now once Salvidian gets finished with his game

p.s. Man…so much spam O.o and from people with respectable post counts too…tsk tsk Kong. And you guys claim to be better =p

Flag Post

The best of luck to you John!

I think I speak for all of armor games when I say that you bid you a fond farewell to one of the most gifted flash game creators to have blessed the internet.

Goodbye
Sincerely
(Im)TheMostManlyMan
ArmorGames fanatic.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Devoidless:

I really do wish John the best and hope things go well for him. I’m sure he’ll keep on creating awesome games and vomiting all the awesomeness on our interwebs so people can enjoy them. Which is the main point, right? Giving people games to enjoy. Done and done, regardless of perceived camp allegiances.

Yup. This is what actually matters.

I was talking about this with someone else last night, actually. I started out on ArmorGames and really, really liked it a lot. In the summer of 2011 I started playing here on Kongregate, too. Since then, though, ArmorGames has changed a lot and I don’t like it. The quality and quantity of games has dropped, significantly. The advertisements they use are more invasive now. Hell, I can’t even play games on there anymore without my laptop overheating.

Devoidless, I’m not sure what you have against Kongregate (most people in that thread seemed to hate us), but I saw what was said about another person leaving. Ian, I think. ArmorGames seems to be falling/have fallen from grace. I’m both really sad for that and kind of happy because it gives Kongregate an even bigger and better chance to shine. Mostly, I’m just really happy that jmtb02 is here with us, and happy.

Flag Post

I was talking about this with someone else last night, actually. I started out on ArmorGames and really, really liked it a lot. In the summer of 2011 I started playing here on Kongregate, too. Since then, though, ArmorGames has changed a lot and I don’t like it. The quality and quantity of games has dropped, significantly. The advertisements they use are more invasive now. Hell, I can’t even play games on there anymore without my laptop overheating.

Devoidless, I’m not sure what you have against Kongregate (most people in that thread seemed to hate us), but I saw what was said about another person leaving. Ian, I think. ArmorGames seems to be falling/have fallen from grace. I’m both really sad for that and kind of happy because it gives Kongregate an even bigger and better chance to shine. Mostly, I’m just really happy that jmtb02 is here with us, and happy.

Who said anything about me having something against Kong? You assume far too much. I just don’t use this site. It’s a personal choice. I’m not going to explain why whilst throwing in petty, opinionated jabs about your website of choice. That would be a silly thing to do. So I’m just going to leave it at ‘I like the community over there better’ seeing as I don’t often play Flash games. That’s why I bought a five-thousand dollar set-up to play real games on. XD

I suppose I’ll just mosey on over part to my part of the internet now.
Love you, John! Tell Carlie ‘Hi!’ for me, kthnx.

Flag Post

Welcome to jmtb02! been a fan for years, very excited to see what you some up with next. And good job Kongpeople for hiring him!

Flag Post

Why did he leave AG?

Flag Post
Originally posted by i_like_stuf:

Why did he leave AG?

Kong hired him. It’s kind of awkward to work for two companies at the same time that are competitors.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SquareOne:

I want to marry jmtb02

That achievement has already been unlocked.

Originally posted by Devoidless:

I suppose I’ll just mosey on over part to my part of the internet now.
Love you, John! Tell Carlie ‘Hi!’ for me, kthnx.

Hi Voidy!

Flag Post

Whoah, their thread hit 14 pages haha.
I hope it doesn’t come across as any of us are gloating.
We are happy for jmtb to be with us, but both ArmorGames and Kongregate are exceptional sites. (although Kongregate will always have my preference, I don’t even have an AG account)

Flag Post

Y’know, while this is just website rivalry and not, say, the Holy Crusades, this song still manages to sum up what I got from this thread.

Flag Post

it sucks that you guys cant make me a admin(you guys would not have to even pay me anything)but you can`t just pick random people to admins and mods anymore

Flag Post
Originally posted by emily_greer:… part of the reason why mmo-type games have seemed more prominent. We think those games are great but single-player games of all genres are equally important in keeping variety and interest for everyone and the overall Kongregate ecosystem healthy….>

i think you meant:

single-player games of all genres are MORE important.