Forums Kongregate

Vote for the Best of 2012 Quest!

86 posts

Flag Post

It’s surely that time of year again. So get your judgmental face on and choose your favorite game of 2012.

What’s Up:
Like every year, we’re going to make a 10-game quest featuring the best and brightest games (with badges) from 2012. This year, we locked in the 8 highest-rated games from the year and they will appear on the quest for sure. Those games are:

- Bloons TD 5
- Infectonator 2
- Burrito Bison Revenge
- Knightmare Tower
- Incursion
- Paladog
- New Star Soccer
- Decision 2

Now this is where you all come in. We took the next 10 highest-rated games and we’re going to have you vote on which 2 of those deserve to be in the quest.

What you can do:
Go to this link and vote on your favorite game from the list. For reference, the games that can be voted on are:

- Monsters’ Den Chronicles
- Legend of the void 2
- Strike Force Heroes
- Enigmata: Stellar War
- Several Journeys of Reemus Chapter 4 Beastly Blackhole of Bureaucracy
- i saw her standing there
- Musaic Box
- Fancy Pants Adventure: World 3
- Jacksmith
- Wartune

At the end of the day on Sunday, January 20th the voting will be closed and the two games that receive the most votes will be added to the quest. The quest will be going live the following week.

Flag Post

So, it would only let me select one game at a time. so I picked one, entered then hit back and picked a different one. Will that register properly?

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

So, it would only let me select one game at a time. so I picked one, entered then hit back and picked a different one. Will that register properly?

The way I understand it, you vote for one game, and when all is said and done the two with the highest votes make it.

Flag Post

Ohhh. I misunderstood didn’t read and voted twice. Derp, sorry.

Flag Post

Is Enigmata: Stellar War getting the additional badges that it talks about in the medium badge’s description? My vote sort of depends on that.

I also haven’t played the game extensively yet because I’m waiting to see what the other badges might be :p

Flag Post

You’re voting on the game, not the badges.

Flag Post
Originally posted by rawismojo:

True, but it would be really nice if Paladog’s badge was chosen carefully because it’s a really, really grindy game. Enigmata would be really nice to get the extra badges, regardless of the quest.

Flag Post

The badges used in Best of 20XX quests are almost always easy or easyish-medium badges.

Flag Post

The badges used in Best of 20XX quests are almost always easy or easyish-medium badges.

As a person who does not have any of the quests, I either suck or you are wrong.

Flag Post

I liked it better when people had to post their vote in the thread. On surveymonkey, I can vote as often as I want for my favourite game.

Flag Post

Surveymonkey has reasonable guards against vote fraud. It also took literally hours to count the votes by hand last year, so that system simply doesn’t scale well.

Flag Post

Surveymonkey has reasonable guards against vote fraud. It also took literally hours to count the votes by hand last year, so that system simply doesn’t scale well.

What rating fraud? You didn’t even post that a user has 1 vote only…

Also, having dynamic IP and blocking cookies, I wonder how surveymonkey wants to find out any possible “multi-votes” from me. However, no worries, I’m not going to bother investing those 5 minutes to see if they find out, in contrast to you, I don’t get paid for it ^^

Flag Post

Burrito Bison Revenge AND Knightmare Tower? Needs editorial intervention. Personally, I’d drop BBR. Not looking forward to playing Paladog either.

Flag Post

It also took literally hours to count the votes by hand last year

Over time!

Flag Post

Almost always.

Flag Post

Every time you don’t vote wartune, one less person gets a badge :( And a dill pickle dies.

Flag Post

Someone’s missing a badge then. I had to vote Reemus.

Flag Post

I’ve always enjoyed the Reemus series.

Flag Post
Originally posted by simeng:

Nominated Strike Force Heroes

This isn’t a nomination, since they already have the candidates. This is a vote.

Originally posted by simeng:

because they will add another badge to the game if it does make the cut and who doesn’t like free points?

Don’t vote based on badges.

Flag Post

I quote like all the mentioned games, except for fancy pants and jacksmith. I’ve not had a chance to play wartune so I’m not voting for that. I love the reemus series and i saw he standing there and musaic box are great art-concept games! My favourite would have to be RPGs like monsters den, legend of the void and strike force heroes – but I’m going to vote for enigmata stellar wars! because I can save the game and import it easily, also the units there and the challenges are fun too

Flag Post

I am overall underwhelmed with the game list. Jacksmith was my pick :P

Flag Post
Originally posted by vampire1408:

I quote like all the mentioned games, except for fancy pants and jacksmith. I’ve not had a chance to play wartune so I’m not voting for that. I love the reemus series and i saw he standing there and musaic box are great art-concept games! My favourite would have to be RPGs like monsters den, legend of the void and strike force heroes – but I’m going to vote for enigmata stellar wars! because I can save the game and import it easily, also the units there and the challenges are fun too

Jacksmith & Fancy Pants are the only games I see that I like. You must be the Anti-Lou.

Flag Post

Monsters Den Chronicles and Legacy Of The Void 2 are the best.

Flag Post

Voted Monsters’ Den: Chronicles, I didn’t like any of the others.

Flag Post

Sequels. Sequels everywhere.