Forums Kongregate

[Contest] Aliens vs. Colonial Marines Quest (Colonial Marines Win!) page 4

153 posts

Flag Post

Hopefully they will change it or allow us a do-over on choosing the badge because it seems like a few people are unhappy with the results of the badge they got.

Flag Post

Will there be a way to see how many people on each side?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Shimura:

Hopefully they will change it or allow us a do-over on choosing the badge because it seems like a few people are unhappy with the results of the badge they got.

That’s not likely. The whole point is to hope your side gets more participants, not let everyone pick the same side so everyone wins.

Originally posted by JKuang:

Will there be a way to see how many people on each side?

Probably not, for a similar reason as above – people wanting points will just hop on the bandwagon.

Flag Post

I simply desire a re-pick as you can obviously tell I love the Aliens not the Marines.

Flag Post

On my profile I still have the two medals ; but on my history points the Aliens medal has disappeared (so hopefully I’ll keep the medals in a way or another).

Flag Post

Too bad we can’t get both, so thank God i got the Aliens one first. I think it looks a lot cooler than the Marines one

Flag Post

I don’t want the double points or any points at all, nor anything else except for both the awards on my profile ;-;

Flag Post

Interesting contest. Sadly, it’s derpying time.

Flag Post

unity screwed me up, why kong must u suck by doing this, WHY?

Flag Post

Unity Web Player?

Flag Post

I have a feeling Aliens is going to win… Didn’t know you cannot get both medals and that you can’t re-pick. I got the Marines one :(

Flag Post

It would be nice if they would’ve put on it that you can only get one, It would have made it more of a choice and less of whichever game you happened to click on first.

Flag Post

I got the quest which was released before Marines quest; The Alien Quest

On that time, I didn’t know it was about to be part of the twin set from which you could only pick one :/

However, I’m glad I happened to stumble upon on aliens side seeing what game picks there are in Marines quest cough Unity cough

Too bad I noticed there is Marine quest as well available only couple of hours later D:

Seriously, more information would have been needed to clarify the fact you can only earn ONE medal between two

Also, I really hope the aftermath of initial bug will be fixed soon. I know the difference between points earned is meagre between those with just one medal and ones with two but still, not everyone are standing on fair grounds ATM

Flag Post

I only got one badge, wtf?

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Also, I really hope the aftermath of initial bug will be fixed soon. I know the difference between points earned is meagre between those with just one medal and ones with two but still, not everyone are standing on fair grounds ATM

It’s already been (mostly) fixed. Only one icon shows up in chat, and only one medal shows up on the “Awards” section of the profile. The only place where two medals persist is in the activity feed section of the profile, though this is only cosmetic, as the system already knows which one you completed first and entered you in the appropriate section of the contest.

Flag Post

The balancing of these quests kinda sucks.
The Marines side has two new badges, so a lot of people will be instabadging the Aliens medal.
And the Marines side has a Unity game which trips up plenty of people getting that quest as well.
I’d be very surprised if Marines won. Unfortunately I got the Marines medal before realising how the whole contest worked…

Flag Post

So we can only earn one badge for the entry? What if I earn 2?

Flag Post
Originally posted by MOTAG:

You can earn all of the badges, but only one medal (whichever you get first is what you end up with), since it’s a side vs. side contest of sorts, so you’re not allowed on both sides.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MOTAG:

You get to keep the medal, but you only get one entry (with whichever one is displayed in the chatroom).

Flag Post
Originally posted by y0ttabyte:

The Marines side has two new badges, so a lot of people will be instabadging the Aliens medal.
And the Marines side has a Unity game which trips up plenty of people getting that quest as well.
I’d be very surprised if Marines won. Unfortunately I got the Marines medal before realising how the whole contest worked…

The new badges should get a lot of people unwittingly joining the Marines’ side.

Flag Post

After the war is over, can we please be allowed to attain the second medal?

Flag Post
Originally posted by y0ttabyte:

Originally posted by Jaskaran2000:

After the war is over, can we please be allowed to attain the second medal?

Flag Post

Which medal I received was chosen for me: I can’t use the Unity in-browser player.

Flag Post

I feel like Unity might prevent a handful of people from completing the Marines quest, yep.
Good thing I’m an Alien! :D

Looks like this ends on the 24th at 11:59 PM by the way, for anyone who didn’t notice.
Finish either one of the quests while you caaaaan.