Forums Kongregate

[Contest] Aliens vs. Colonial Marines Quest (Colonial Marines Win!) page 5

153 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kyriva:

The new badges should get a lot of people unwittingly joining the Marines’ side.

Yeah, I check the badges page far more often than the quests page, and jump on new badges as soon as I spot them, so I ended up siding with the Marines before I even realized there was a competition. I have a feeling there was a lot of this going on.

From my informal survey of a few active chat rooms, it looks like Aliens are winning by a small margin. The number of people on both sides is completely dwarfed by the number of people that haven’t finished the quest for either.

Flag Post

wtf, why is it not valid in Australia. Bloody ridiculous, thats seriously unfair.

Flag Post
Originally posted by oatlol:

wtf, why is it not valid in Australia. Bloody ridiculous, thats seriously unfair.

The likely reason lies with Australian politics. When contests exclude regions, they are almost always either due to cost or legality.

Flag Post
Originally posted by oatlol:

In addition to what the Weasel correctly wrote, this post contains some more details.

These infos about sweepstakes in Quebec also give you an idea of why Kong excludes certain countries/areas.

Flag Post

Fuck australia so strict on stupid shit like lotteries. And I guess the xbox want work in Aus as well.

Flag Post

Lump me in with those who don’t care so much about the points, but I’m a completionist and I can’t stand that there’s a medal I didn’t get. I just want it on my profile…

Flag Post
Originally posted by geekahedron:

Lump me in with those who don’t care so much about the points, but I’m a completionist and I can’t stand that there’s a medal I didn’t get. I just want it on my profile…

Agreed.

Nobody cares about the whole Alien vs Marines and picking sides bs. I wish the contest was more clear and stated, “Once you do one quest, the other quest won’t award a medal.” Maybe it’s in the fine print somewhere………..* fetches monocle *

Flag Post

Why is everyone so upset about not being able to get both medals? It’s part of the fun. Was nobody around for the Mirrans vs. Phyrexians event? A lot of you seem to have accounts old enough to at least be aware of it. They fixed the bug so nobody has both medals anymore and you can still earn all the badges for the side you didn’t choose. That should be enough. I like events like this. They are fun and as a bonus reinforce that you make choices in this world and sometimes you have to stick with them.

Flag Post

Was nobody around for the Mirrans vs. Phyrexians event?

I only remember it because I won back then. And I will win again.

Flag Post

Aliens are gonna win! They are the best!! :3

Flag Post

So… Who won? The quest links on the achievement page gives a page not found error but you can still access the overview page.

Flag Post

It’s telling me on the front page that “Colonial Marines won the war on Kongregate!” But I don’t really believe it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by hamuka:

It’s telling me on the front page that “Colonial Marines won the war on Kongregate!” But I don’t really believe it.

I really doubt it. The amount of Aliens I saw in chat, Aliens quest was released first, Marines quest had a Unity badge… orly?

Flag Post
Originally posted by hamuka:

I don’t see any such announcement, either on the front page, or the official game page.

Flag Post

Yarly…

Flag Post

Dat K+.

Well, then. That’s a surprising disappointment.

Flag Post

Yes, you are correct. The Colonial Marines have won the war! Sorry, Aliens. We’ll get them next time…

Congrats to all who sided with the victorious human race! Your bonus double points will be awarded to you today in recognition of your honorable defense against those aliens. Nice work!

Flag Post
Originally posted by IAmTheCandyman:

Yes, you are correct. The Colonial Marines have won the war!

Only because of the new badges. :(

Flag Post

How many were on each side?

Also, it’s silly that K+ blocked the homepage stuff.

Flag Post

Fuck it. Unity no work for me, plus the badges on Aliens involved puzzles instead of plain shooter games.

Can we see the exact count?

Flag Post

Booooo! Aliens shall have their revenge!

Flag Post

BOOO YAAAAA! *The Colonial Marines * AWESOOOMMMEEE

Flag Post

AGREED!!

Flag Post

♫♩ I wonder how, I wonder why, ♫♩
♫♩ Aliens was the only thing I ever saw. ♫♩

Flag Post
Originally posted by miguelpiquet:

AGREED!!

Note: I wanted to agree with BadgeHuntersAnon but Northwolf posted before¬¬