Forums Kongregate

Warning to all Badge-Hunters: Backyard Monsters going down permanently in Februrary 2013!

51 posts

Flag Post

If you want to earn the medium and hard badges, your time is running out. As this MMORPG uses time as a resource, you will need to start working towards the hard badge very soon.

Official post:
http://forums.kixeye.com/showthread.php?t=321222&p=2799794&viewfull=1#post2799794

Official quote from rawismojo:
“I’ll talk this over with Greg and others, but I wouldn’t count on it happening. I know the whole situation sucks (both for badge-seekers but especially for people who actually play BYM), but it might not be really fair to people who spent the month+ to earn the badge originally to have people be able to come in and earn it in half the time because the game is coming down and it might cheapen the award for them. It’s definitely a valid concern, but I’m not sure that we’ll actually change the requirement.”

Flag Post

Already got it. Jellymad.

Flag Post

Thank God.

Flag Post
Originally posted by LouWeed:

Thank God.

Good riddance. One less exploitative MMO that barely passes as an idle game.

Flag Post

“But it’s such a quality game. This is a true loss to Kongregate” said no one, ever.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

“But it’s such a quality game. This is a true loss to Kongregate” said no one, ever.

Somebody must have said it if you are quoting it ;3

Flag Post

Yes, “no one, ever.”

Flag Post

I’d like to have a little word with Mr.ever then.

Flag Post

I actually didn’t mind it that much, just the fact that every night my yard would be completely demolished because I had terrible defenses. It was easy enough to repair (which was actually half of the enjoyment it seemed, since other than that there’s nothing to do), but it was the largest use of time for me.

Flag Post

But it’s such a quality game. This is a true loss to Kongregate :(.

Flag Post
Originally posted by devourer359:

“How do you prove that you exist…? Maybe we don’t exist…” said Vivi devourer359 no one, ever.

Flag Post

Sigh… As a badge whore, that means I’m forced to play this game. Nooooooo…

Flag Post

Damn…I’m going to miss it. It’s such a quality game. This is a true loss to Kongregate..

A sad day for Kong guys.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Precarious:

“How do you prove that you exist…? Maybe we don’t exist…” said Vivi devourer359 no one, ever.

You forgot Descartes.

Also, about time, and nothing of value was lost, etc.

Flag Post

But I can only use Descartes to prove that I exist. The rest of you could all be spambots for all I know.

Flag Post

come on that game is awesome but i no longer play it cause someone kept killing me so i stopped playing

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ciclopse:

come on that game is awesome but i no longer play it cause someone kept killing me so i stopped playing

> it’s awesome
> I kept dying so much that I quit

Sounds legit.

Flag Post

I feel much much better about getting this badge about a month ago now.

Flag Post

I’m glad I stuck with this game as soon as it came out. The badge took me well over a month. Badge hunters are going to have to rush!

Flag Post

Guess which badge hunter is not getting the badge again? This guy!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Pykrete:
Originally posted by Precarious:

You forgot Descartes.

Also, about time, and nothing of value was lost, etc.

Of course. But no one, ever wondered if they didn’t exist, and therefore didn’t exist to contemplate non-existence. As such devourer359 no one, ever wasn’t thinking (particularly since no one, ever would think BYM is a quality game, or a game), and therefore might not exist.

Although I suppose it’s possible no one, ever is merely invisible.

Flag Post

This game doesn’t reflect Kong’s values. Honestly the majority of users will not miss it.

Flag Post

Already got the badges, thank god. I’m probably the only one here who was actually part of the BYM community, and will actually miss it. Not the game, but the community. The game was filled with hackers, and had no support whatsoever from the developers.

inb4someonehatesonmebecauseiusedtoplayit.

Also, you need to submit a badge report to get the hard, as the badge is broken.

Flag Post

I know several people who used to play it, and I don’t understand what the big deal is.

Flag Post

This is both happy and a sad day

Happy news first:
That Zynga-styled facebook piece of trash is finally departing Kongregate

Sad news: Another broken badge incoming. Badge hunters, you’d better hurry or you’ll regret you didn’t use this opportunity to get a badge you cannot get in the future

By the way, I’d like to hear the official statement of Kongretate about the issue how it is going to handle this issue. I mean, we don’t want broken badges, right?