Forums Kongregate

K+ for free...? (locked)

16 posts

Flag Post

I believe it’s something to do with linking your powerup rewards account and Kongregate. I said this in chat, but not everyone is in chat.

Flag Post

Maybe it’s a recent thing. As in, only more recent linkers get K+. Because if they just implemented it then no, the others wont have gotten it.

Flag Post

If you have a Pro PowerUp Rewards account, you get K+. :D
(for as long as you have a pro account)

Pretty cool, right?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Terence22205:
Originally posted by xSilverLugia:

I believe it’s something to do with linking your powerup rewards account and Kongregate. I said this in chat, but not everyone is in chat.

As someone else said, they had there account linked for ages and didn’t have it.

it’s because they just started

Flag Post

Well, that explains it. Thanks guys.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Autumnstand:

Well, that explains it. Thanks guys.

your welcome

Flag Post
Originally posted by VforVendetta:

If you have a Pro PowerUp Rewards account, you get K+. :D
(for as long as you have a pro account)

Pretty cool, right?

I have a PowerUp Rewards account, and previously had K+. I want a refund of my money. :D

Flag Post

I have a PowerUp Rewards account, and previously had K+. I want a refund of my money. :D

But you weren’t pro enough to get it.

Flag Post

Oh you need pro to get it? Makes sense. I only have the regular one set up and since I don’t actually buy games, especially at GameStop, it really doesn’t do me much good.

Flag Post

I forget how much Pro membership actually is, but it’s a yearly membership right?
Seems worth it.

Flag Post

It’s cheaper than the current K+ price, I believe.

Flag Post

I forget how much Pro membership actually is, but it’s a yearly membership right?

PUR Pro is $14.99 a year.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Thyrael:

PUR Pro is $14.99 a year.

…Anyone who did their research and was eligible for a PUR Account would get Pro of PUR just for K+ then?

Flag Post

Yes.

Originally posted by Zshadow:
Originally posted by wattro:
Originally posted by adv0catus:

If you live in the US, it’d be better to buy PUR.

Significantly better. It seems unfair and unethical that Kongregate would allow anyone eligible for $14.99 PUR to buy K+ for $29.99. It also strikes me as unethical to charge $29.99 for K+ in any other region on the globe if the value of K+ is significantly undermined by PUR.

I’d really like someone from Kong Staff to chime in on this.

This is also to encourage PUR Pro members to join the site, and for people to sign up with PowerUp Rewards Pro. Those who receive K+ from PUR Pro do not receive 50 Kreds, either, so there is a slight price difference (it costs about $10 more to purchase K+ than it is to receive it from a $15/yr PUR Pro subscription.) It’s not our intention to be unfair to anyone – K+ just started off being $29.99, though maybe a prince change is in order. :)

Flag Post

Alright so I have my Power Up Rewards linked with my account, why am I not getting it for free?!

Flag Post
Originally posted by s0n0fabish85:

Alright so I have my Power Up Rewards linked with my account, why am I not getting it for free?!

It has to be Pro.