Forums Kongregate

Flash is dying, what's the plan to keep the site running?

17 posts

Flag Post

If there is one. It would be sad to see Kong go away.

Flag Post

Do you have PROOF that flash is dieing?

Even if Flash died, they would just reboot again anyway

Flag Post

The site’s designed to be able to support many formats or to have support added quickly.

Flag Post

Assuming flash was dying. (Not going to debate that here, its been done a ton of times)

Kongregate has opened up the path for desktop games as well as HTML5 and Unity games. Desktop gaming is pretty established. HTML5 and Unity are still expanding.

Flag Post

It’s worth noting that Unity and HTML5 both have crazy potential. Entire Kong-like sites could be dedicated to them in the future, I can imagnie.

Flag Post

Flash has apparently been dying since it came out..

Flag Post
Originally posted by JoeySkywalker:

meh. you should rather be playing REAL games.
flash was only fun for a quick couple of minutes of wasting time

Flag Post
Originally posted by Galdos:

lol

Flag Post

no way flash is dying.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Galdos:

lol

Flag Post

I don’t know, maybe someday flash will be gone.
Buuut, I’m thankful that Kongregate has expanded to all these other types of games.
(javascript, unity, html5, c++, css, apple pie, etc.)

Flag Post
Originally posted by VforVendetta:

I just heard this in Cheech Marin’s voice as he stands outside of an establishment (we’ll pretend it’s Kongregate HQ), advertising what’s inside.

V’s just triggering all sorts of movie memories in my head right now.

Flag Post

I think adobe will make a better flash than the original one if it dies or create some other game making program.

Flag Post
Originally posted by oatlol:

I think adobe will make a better flash than the original one if it dies or create some other game making program.

Flash really wasn’t intended as a game platform in the first place. 3rd party developers created frameworks to facilitate faster game creation, but Flash’s original purpose was for audio/video/interactive webpages. Flash games are merely Flash movies where the interactive functions have been manipulated to a further extent.

Flag Post

I think kong has shown the ability to adapt to the point that if something else started being the next big thing that they could incorporate it. Not that flash really seems to be “dying”.

Flag Post
Originally posted by IceWeaselX:
Originally posted by VforVendetta:

I just heard this in Cheech Marin’s voice as he stands outside of an establishment (we’ll pretend it’s Kongregate HQ), advertising what’s inside.

V’s just triggering all sorts of movie memories in my head right now.

Hurray!

I love that Kongregate’s always adapting and always changing.
Gamestop’s investment in this company set it up for success too.

Flag Post

Truth be told I really wish Flash would hurry up and die. While it’s great for high-quality prerendered animation, it’s an obscene resource hog for the most basic tasks in runtime with way too many ways to leak memory. Giving a site basic compatibility to support other formats is relatively easy. Getting the developers to play along and bother coding their stuff in it, not so much.