Forums Kongregate

The Gauntlet - Stage 1 (Qualifier)

299 posts

Flag Post

And so it begins!

First stage of The Gauntlet is To-suta. Score to beat to get in is 3000.
Ends 2 PM EST Monday.

Rules:

Screenshot has to be of final score plus chat.
Suspect someone of cheating, WHISPER ME, do not post it in public. Accusations are serious. I will check very hard to determine if someone cheated.

This first stage will last 5 days, to get as many people to join as possible; And how will I get people to join?
I won’t, that’s up to you guys. Spread the word, this competition will only be fun with more competitors. Get your friends or the rivals you want to crush beneath your gaming prowess!
This stage will only see who gets into this competition, the point system starts next round.

P.S. Kongai is in this competition, hate it, love it, do practice it.
P.P.S. Many thanks to the fabulous MutableAir for the banner.
P.P.P.S If you have any questions, you can also ask Kyru and Zaraki, they are consultants.

Taking a screenshot 101 for people having trouble(Not too long ago I was also very ignorant :D) by: Zaraki

1- get score press Print Screen and paste on MS paint.

2-on MS paint resize the borders to fit the chat and game only.

3- Upload here if you want fastest results http://www.tinypic.com/ No account, no nothing, just upload and get the link.

4- Have the format ! url ! with no spaces to make image appear.

Edit:

P.S: If it’s still not working right click go to properties and copy the source link of the image and do step 4

List of People with No-Lives, er, Competitors! (Tee-hee)
I don’t have enough body parts, and no, I’m not counting on my bones.

ace763341
AecTalek
AioriaRox
alanw2707
AlvinFlummox
amilir
asmodous
Balneger
banero
bluefool
bsbs34
CheezezbergrPls
chrischa555
Choas275
chyoei
cj10203040
Clawhammer
CompetitorX
coolrich2
Darkruler2005
Decapped
Drublu
E1dan
elGrifo
everydayhero
evilgenius100
Evilspawn
foughtphoenix
Friz
googoolyeye
GwenWilliams
hiperson134
Hoopapotomus
Istari
Jabor
JaumeBG
jaypaycheck
jonathanasdf
Joshhh
KilleroftheGods
kinglynx
Kioyoh
Kirasminion
lakat
Lycaonz
magekirbys
magikman
Merryl
meshjsl
moomoomoomoo
m0rtimer
MrChainsaw
MrRubix
MSTaylor
Multihunter
Nedenis
Nightmarez
oceanix
PCal
Pereking
phooltk
phlip444
Pikapals
Potshotlynxlynx
racefan12
rayovallecano
re4beast
rockyc
SaintAjora
Sconibulus
Serghi
ShawnerSSS
SJOKER
stevenorr
sunblade
TarynDarkwind
Tasselfoot
Tasslehoff
TehUberAhsem
tennis9876543210
The_3lder
TheCrom
TheNiceDuck
TheoSoft
ThunderbirdOne
tinytim42
tomtomtombob
TrickyMartin
tschoerk
Ventero
venturakid94
Weiyaoli
WhatIsLove
WiiPlayer113
yagmoth
YellowDevil
zoidfrybennib

Flag Post
Originally posted by Razzi3l:

P.S. Kongai is in this competition, hate it, love it, do practice it.

Damn you.

Flag Post

It’s competition-worthy, but to lessen the pain for your sore butts, I’ll tell you in advance, it might go out early!

Flag Post

What would the thing for kongai be?

Flag Post

I can’t tell you, but you can probably guess what it will be. Cmon, it’s a TCG almost, has no one ever competed in a TCG tournament?

Flag Post

Are you going to do random decks for the tournament? It’s fairer, not that there are likely to be many competitors without a decent number of cards.

Game bugged on second boss forcing a restart, and no mute?! Hmm. I guess that’s the price you have to pay to find a game I’ve never heard of.

Flag Post

Don’t worry, the stage with Kongai will be fair.

This stage has this game because it is easy enough, providing just an ok amount of difficulty to draw the most people in. The other games are more bug-free and fun.

Flag Post

Do i have to post the image here cuz i dont know how to do that xD Can i just send a link to imageshack?

Flag Post

Grab the direct link (it’s the bottom-most url) and paste it here, with ! at both ends.

Like this ! http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs41/i/2009/014/1/3/Manhattan_Bridge_by_Razput1n.jpg !. No spaces between the ! and url.

Flag Post

Once more, Damn you

Flag Post

My max score is Over 7000

Flag Post

Okay. Thanks.

I hope that works.
EDIT: It’s not working >.> http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gauntletqualifierii1.png Anyways :P

Flag Post

I pwnt teh game :D

Flag Post

Looks like I’m iin the competition… Just as long as I can post a picture >.> I got the Pic saved as jpg… How do I insert it?

Flag Post

I’m pretty sure that I was immune to 90% of the enemies. And that the Toast boss was immune to me… I thought it might be someting zeldaish like blowing up the bomb enemies on its forehead, but apparently not. Got what I needed and suicided, yuck.

Flag Post

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/7295/gauntletqualifierii1.png Use that url Ventura.

Choas, host it on an image-hosting site such as imageshack.

Phooltk, the trick is that you need to get closer.

Flag Post

Thanks. crosses fingers and prays

Flag Post
Originally posted by phooltk:

I’m pretty sure that I was immune to 90% of the enemies. And that the Toast boss was immune to me… I thought it might be someting zeldaish like blowing up the bomb enemies on its forehead, but apparently not. Yuck.

Same happened to me…

Edit:

Originally posted by Razzi3l:

Phooltk, the trick is that you need to get closer.

Hm, lol, good idea :D Also the game was lagging as hell under Ubuntu, so as long as I’m > 3000, it’s ok for me :D

Flag Post

Pwned.

The last boss is ridicously easy.
Pro Tip: You don’t need to hit the strange “snake” in the middle of the game.
Pro Tip 2: Hit the strange circle in the head of the toast.

Flag Post

Flag Post

Funny Fact: This game was chosen not for it’s competitive aspect, but more for the song.

We figured it would be fun to listen to some random nonsense for the qualifier round.

Don’t worry- It’s going to get harder. >=)

Flag Post

LMAO Kyru, its from Katamari Damaci/We love Katamari.

Flag Post

I wish I had known the music would be fun before I muted my laptop, I’ll have to play it again later now,,

Flag Post

High score so far…

Flag Post

The boss glitch happened to me too…

Also, how long will the whole competition be?