Forums Kongregate

Does anyone else think that Kreds should be free (if possible)? (locked)

28 posts

Flag Post

Just so you know, they got rid of tipping 2 months ago.

Flag Post

Kreds is money. No business would be able to afford to give out kreds at the pace you’re suggesting. It’s not sustainable.

Flag Post

Both ideas could be abused by creating multiple alts. Even though moderators are chosen by administrators and are typically trustworthy, it wouldn’t feel right for moderators to be able to manipulate people’s Kred pools.

Free Kreds only hinders Kongregate’s business model. There’s a lot of money flow when it comes to the MMOs and their microtransactions on this site, that’s why there’s always some endorsement for one on the front page or in challenges (though sometimes (all the time) there’s absolutely no quality control when it comes to them.) So if they were to give out free Kreds to users, then that money comes out of their pockets.

Flag Post

Kreds are Kongregate’s form of currency, and are worth a lot of money in mass amounts.
If you want to support the site and buy Kong Plus, you can get 50 though.
Otherwise, I think little kred promotions (like the 20 points + 5 kreds thing), are plenty enough.

Flag Post

buying advantages sucks.

only nubs play like that.

remove all kreds, and if kong shuts down – tough shit

Flag Post

Great idea. We all deserve free money! What has Kong ever done for us anyway?

Flag Post

EEEHH!! si sí que lo has hechooo! pensé que no pondrías el post… en fin, mejor hablo en inglés que si no no lo va a pillar el 80% de la peña en kong…

Well, dudes… I already told you first time I heard about the idea that it couldn’t be taken anywhere, because it is NOT POSSIBLE! And why the fuck you talk about tipping, bro? they took it out…
even I knew taht and I’ve been banned for almost a year _

And I always said that kreds should be removed, because Kong looks like a fucking business with it. Anyways, I would like the “kreds each level up” thing…
But the only way you could get it is by making Kreds a Kongregate currency that doesn’t involve money.
So, now, Pain, my dear friend, let me change your post onto another subject: SHOULD KREDS BE CHANGED INTO A CURRENCY GIVEN THROUGH THE TERMS ThePainfulDeath SAID AND NOT TO BE EARNED BY MONEY?

Flag Post

Why can’t Kongregate look like a business? They are one, after all.

Flag Post
Originally posted by megalikante:

And I always said that kreds should be removed, because Kong looks like a business with it. Anyways, I would like the “kreds each level up” thing…
But the only way you could get it is by making Kreds a Kongregate currency that doesn’t involve money.

Kong is a business though, also it is the game themselves that are really the thing offering ways to buy things in them, kong is giving users a more universal way of getting things in those games.

Flag Post

And I always said that kreds should be removed, because Kong looks like a business with it. Anyways, I would like the “kreds each level up” thing…

Omg a business looking like a business? Oh no we can’t have that! Kong doesn’t need to make money because the admins are already gazillionaires and do this in their free time. Why would a website need to make money? I mean servers are free, admins will work for free. Obviously devs don’t want to make money. Gamestop invested because they like the games not because they want to make money. I mean, it’s not like the entire world revolves around money right?

Oh wait… It does.

Flag Post

Well, I liked all those comments, but I completely disagree with the “Business” idea, megalikante… I would also like the internet to be free, hermano, but this page doesn’t run by free (which is very sad…) still, I think that the kred

Originally posted by Ericzander:

Omg a business looking like a business? Oh no we can’t have that! Kong doesn’t need to make money because the admins are already gazillionaires and do this in their free time. Why would a website need to make money? I mean servers are free, admins will work for free. Obviously devs don’t want to make money. Gamestop invested because they like the games not because they want to make money. I mean, it’s not like the entire world revolves around money right?

Oh wait… It does.

Hey, hey… you two are right, but both of you are wrong. Why? well, It is true that the page needs money to run, but it is not such real that it HAS to be only to be a business… however, it doesn’t just get money through kreds, right O.o?

Then, maybe megalikante is quite right, and kreds can be made an external currency “not involving money”. However, kongregate is a business… not as well ridden as Newgrounds, in my opinion, but it is still a business. Wether we like it or not, the Internet isn’t damn free. However, Ericzander, let me tell you that what you said just happens because it’s a big page… smaller pages don’t need all that money, as they don’t have the same requirements. However, I agree with you. But maybe megalikante’s idea isn’t that bad, and you are blamming him just ‘cuz he said that “kongregate looks like a business”… but IMO if it didn’t like so “like a business” it would be a better page.

Flag Post
Originally posted by uuu2:

Kong is a business though, also it is the game themselves that are really the thing offering ways to buy things in them, kong is giving users a more universal way of getting things in those games.

But,if games feature premium content, and you pay for it, but you don’t need kreds (in most of them is what happens), what is the point of kreds? Anyways, kong is a business, no matter we like it or not. :/

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

Why can’t Kongregate look like a business? They are one, after all.

Agree. But megalikante is a slight free-internet-radical-deffender-dude.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ericzander:

Great idea. We all deserve free money! What has Kong ever done for us anyway?

…well, is not like that drastic, FFS ¬¬"

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fricknmaniac:

O.O

fuck me, i didn’t notice…

>_< man I screwed it a bit…

Flag Post

If kreds became a non-money thing then they would just become the same thing as points.

Flag Post

There’s an edit button on each of your posts, under your post count. When you click it, on the right is the option to delete your post. Please do so, since posting 5 times in a row is highly unnecessary and spammy.

Flag Post

If kreds became a non-money thing then they would just become the same thing as points.

no, because points don’t involve a bonus to anything

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by ThePainfulDeath:

no, because points don’t involve a bonus to anything

And neither would kreds if they became void of their monetary value. And if they did come up with something they could use points to do instead.

Flag Post

Oh look, it’s this thread again.

Flag Post

The point is, giving away kreds makes Kong lose money. They don’t want that.

Getting rid of kreds makes Kong lose money. They don’t want that.

Removing monetary value from kreds makes Kong lose money. They don’t want that.

Flag Post

And Ferraris should be free too. With free fuel every month if I don’t crash, drink-drive or break the speed limit.

Kreds are what they are and that system won’t change… there’s zero incentive to anyone that matters to give them away for nothing like that.

(bit late, and someone else has probably already said that, but I always like to bring my Ferrari to these parties)

Flag Post

Does anyone know why? I remember tipping a friend of mine 1 kred on a game he made a little while back. I wonder why they got rid of it.

I would be in favor of like… a quest or something that gave 5-10 kreds or something akin to that. There’s even some possibility of abuse there, but anything more than that would just be throwing the barn door open.

Flag Post
Originally posted by UltimateChaos:

Does anyone know why? I remember tipping a friend of mine 1 kred on a game he made a little while back. I wonder why they got rid of it.

I would be in favor of like… a quest or something that gave 5-10 kreds or something akin to that. There’s even some possibility of abuse there, but anything more than that would just be throwing the barn door open.

You just partially answered your own question. There are other reasons, but one of them was that free kred offers could be abused with alt accounts. Create account, get kreds, tip self. Now that is one less barrier to free kred promotions.