Forums Kongregate

Best of 2012 Quest!

40 posts

Flag Post

We tallied all your votes and the results are in! The two games added to the quest by popular demand are i saw her standing there and Musaic Box.

The complete list of games in the quest are:
Bloons TD 5
Infectonator 2
Burrito Bison Revenge
Knightmare Tower
Incursion
Paladog
New Star Soccer
Decision 2
i saw her standing there
Musaic Box

Go to the quest page now to get started on the quest and earn 50 points.

Flag Post

Yay.

Flag Post

great list, those are good games!

Flag Post

Only three badges I don’t have. That might be the first best of quest I will get!
Yay.

Flag Post

To many eww games.

Flag Post

Hooray! I haven’t gotten any of the other “Best of” quests, maybe this will be the first one I get.

Flag Post

:/ Meh

Flag Post

I have only half of these badges, I guess I was just really lazy that last year.

Flag Post

Yucky.

Flag Post

I have every badge except Incursion. Guess I’m not getting the medal.

Flag Post

I just treated it like the goal was to earn every badge that was added in 2012…

…and I still earned it instantly.

Flag Post

Overall I’m happy with the games chosen, I think they’re all good choices for one reason or another.

Flag Post

I can’t achieve this medal since Musaic Box won’t let me even enter the second room… >_>

Flag Post

I’ve just noticed the 2007 quest says top 9 games, but only has 8 badges remaining in it.

Flag Post

It says something about my addiction that I already had all the 2012 badges.

Originally posted by Bilious:

I’ve just noticed the 2007 quest says top 9 games, but only has 8 badges remaining in it.

I’m just waiting for 2007 to be down to one badge, and then maybe I will be able to get the 2007 quest.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bilious:

I believe Starfighter was one of those games, and since it was just removed recently they probably haven’t gotten around to changing it yet. I think that maybe they could replace the removed badges with other ones, to keep the quests somewhat balanced for difficulty (less badges makes is a little easier).

Flag Post

All games I liked so had all the badges already, nice easy quest for me.

Flag Post

I got 2 badges so far…

Flag Post

Paladog? .___.

That grindy game?

And Decision 2? :/

Flag Post

Looking at that list…

2012 was poor on good games, really.

Flag Post

Apparently the only two games I have badges for are the two community voted ones, and I didn’t even know about the voting. Looks like the community knows me better than I do.

Flag Post

I can’t believe Musaic Box was chosen by players :/ There are a few games in there that deserve to be, but some very odd choices too.

Flag Post

My own ranking:

1. New Star Soccer. The state-of-the-art flash game in the genre.
  2. Knightmare Tower. There are too much launch games around. It still has good creativity.
  3. i saw her standing there. The reason for being the third is that the making of the game is simple and doesn’t require much effort. Also, the 15-point badge is too easy.
  4. Bloons TD 5. No other sequels of games has that much creativity, but being the fourth sequel of a game is a bit too outrageous.
  5. Incursion. It yells out Kingdom Rush, but it does present something different. The last respectable game here.
  6. Burrito Bison Revenge. There is not enough new content to call it a sequel. Still, it’s a little bit different…
  7. Paladog. Games should be fun. It isn’t, because it is grindy and unoriginal.
  8. Decision 2. Besides that it’s a sequel, I don’t see anything different from a 2009 third person shooter in it.
  9. Infectonator 2. This is the eighth because Infectonator is already a sh*tty game.
  10. Musaic Box. A free demo of a paid game? Did I see it read “XXXXX ONLINE PLAYING XXXXX FREE GAMES”?

Flag Post

Musaic Box. A free demo of a paid game? Did I see it read “XXXXX ONLINE PLAYING XXXXX FREE GAMES”?

Since that one took longer to beat than a couple games on the list, and I had more fun with that one than at least half of the games on the list, I didn’t really mind that it was a demo.

Plus, I wasn’t even particularly aware that is was a demo when I played it, considering it felt like a full game

Flag Post

Really Kongregate? Really? Only two of those games (Burrito Bison Revenge, Knightmare Tower) I thought were even tolerable. The others were either incredibly boring, incredibly ill-conceived, or both.

All this goes to show is how easy it is to not only get badges, but to get a “best of the year” game once you have name recognition (half of these are by Armor Games and other such titles that I’ve since learned to treat as warning labels). All you need to do is make it a sequel to something so flaming awful, or just plain make it look terrible, so nobody will actually be bothered with playing the game except for A) the people that go in and five-star everything just to get the points for rating it, and B) the people that go in and five-star everything because they’re impressed by anything that even remotely resembles a game.

By ensuring that nobody else (including the Kongregate staff, by the look of things) can muster up the willpower to even look at the damn thing, you will get a “best of” inclusion for that year.

Oh, FYI, nobody voted for Musaic Box or ISHST because they thought the games were good. They voted for them because they already have the badges.

Seriously Kongregate, stop trusting Armor Games etc. to know what they’re doing. They don’t. Don’t just assume because it came from so-and-so that it’s worthy of badges; more likely than not, it isn’t.