Forums Kongregate

Facebook redirect?

13 posts

Flag Post

Every page I got to on Kongregate the page is loading, then I’m being redirected to a non-functional facebook page. I’m having to manually stop the page while loading each time to stay on the Kong page. Anyone else being troubled by this?

This isn’t affecting me on other sites.

Flag Post

Yes, I’m getting this too.

Flag Post

I think it’s a Facebook issue. While I haven’t gotten it on this site, I tried to load a few others and it brought me to a Facebook error page.

Flag Post

My account is not connected to a facebook page and it is very difficult to access anything on the site without that page coming up.

Flag Post

Also having this problem, I don’t like it.

Flag Post

Same here, since about 10 minutes it’s almost impossible to use Kongregate, every site redirects to Facebook.

Flag Post

Yea it’s happening to me too for some reason. I logged onto Kongregate a few hours ago and played some games without a problem. Now I get booted back to that damn Facebook error message even though my accounts aren’t linked. What gives?

(It even happened to me while I was typing this message.)

Flag Post

This appears to be some issue with Facebook, as it’s affecting several other sites as well. We’re looking into ways to prevent the issue on Kong in the meantime while Facebook fixes the redirect issue themselves.

Edit: Here’s a news article about the issue.

Flag Post

This is why Facebooks shouldn’t be butting its face into every web page on the Internet.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Rustmyer:

This is why Facebooks shouldn’t be butting its face into every web page on the Internet.

^ This is so true, sort of crazy how much control facebook has on the internet.

Flag Post

I think the problem stopped just now but I do want to point out one things. There is definetly something fishy going on and facebook is most likely passively collecting massive information.

Flag Post

I’ve been having that problem too.
It stopped coming when I logged off Facebook though.

Flag Post

Thanks for the news. After a couple redirects, I kind of went a bit crazy with my antiviruses thinking my computer was infected when the problem started and I got back clean results. Now I can rest a bit.