Forums Kongregate

Extended Leaderboards: Top 820,370 [Updated: November 22nd, 2014]

145 posts

Flag Post

Intro:
So for a while now I’ve been wondering about a leader boards that displayed more than just the top 25 users. The current system was fine when it was first implemented, and there were barely any users at or near the level cap, but nowadays it only shows a handful of users who are more than double the points for the level cap, which is kind of unfair to everyone else. So I took it upon myself to write a script that would find a much larger set of users and their ranks.

The results aren’t 100% accurate (due to the fact that time passes between when the first users are checked to when the last users are checked), but for a general idea of where people rank, it does the job quite nicely. I also plan on updating this weekly, so it should stay fairly relevant and accurate over time.

Leaderboards:

Extended Leaderboards Google Docs – Top 50,000
Extended Leaderboards Full Text File Download

Columns:
A: user_id
B: username
C: level
D: points
E: user classification
F: weekly positional change

Code links:

All code requires Python in order to be run (I coded them using Python 2.7.6, not sure if other versions are compatible as of right now.)

User data code: When run, you will be prompted to enter bounds for user_ids to check, and a minimum point threshold to be recorded. The results will be written to a text file in the location that the program is being executed from, and will be named based off of the selected user_id bounds.

Positional changes code: To be run, two text files are required; one contains the old ordered list of usernames (named “old.txt”), and one contains the new ordered list of usernames (named “new.txt”). It is required for each username to be on a new line, and for there to be a single blank line at the end of the file. When run, it will create a new file called “ranks.txt” in the folder the program is run from, and output a list corresponding to the positional changes that users have undergone from the old list to the new list.

To do:

• Creating a version that you can just enter your username and it’ll give all of the information for yourself and your friends, so you can rank yourself against friends
  • Work more on asynchronous version to reduce code execution time significantly

Flag Post

This is so absolutely amazing, excellent job my man. Now I have a new leaderboard to attempt to climb~

Flag Post

This is truly amazing! I’m 4908th in the leader-board.
Thanks 123!

Flag Post

Thanks for the positive feedback guys, I was hoping that people could find this useful, and that it would help give people some sort of goal to reach (since there hasn’t really been a reasonable way to tell where you rank on the site). I might try to show more users later, if the website I’m using to host the list can handle it.

Flag Post

The page is blank for me.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ADV0CATUS:

The page is blank for me.

Note how I said to wait for it to load, it takes some time (there are 10,000 lines, after all). If you know of a better free text hosting service that can support this amount, feel free to suggest it.

Flag Post

I’m just outside the top 200. I didn’t expect to be quite that high.

Also, good job!

Flag Post

I missed that.

Flag Post

How about create one for forum posts too?

Flag Post
Originally posted by LakeSnow:

How about create one for forum posts too?

That’d be fun to do, but that stat isn’t available from the source I’m using to get this information from. There was an old thread in the forums from sellyme that had a list of top forum posters, not entirely sure how that was done though.

Flag Post

Glad to see it finally up :) Great work 123~

Flag Post
Originally posted by ADV0CATUS:

I missed that.

Well, since it was having issues (a couple people talked about slow load times), I just switched it over to a Google doc page (not sure why I didn’t go with that in the first place), so it should be much better now. Also, I should be able to display more names as well, so it’ll be more useful for more people.

Originally posted by Thok:

I’m just outside the top 200. I didn’t expect to be quite that high.

Also, good job!

Nice work, and thanks.

Originally posted by uzzbuzz:

Glad to see it finally up :) Great work 123~

Thanks, uzz.

Flag Post

Very nice work. It actually gives me some incentive to get more points. Would it be possible to indicate which users are still active (i.e. earned points in the last 30 days/3 months/6 months/12 months)?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Cyclonea:

Very nice work. It actually gives me some incentive to get more points. Would it be possible to indicate which users are still active (i.e. earned points in the last 30 days/3 months/6 months/12 months)?

Not with the available resources. It’d probably be possible to do so through comparing past results to current ones (so subtracting this week’s values from the next one, and so on), but that wasn’t something I’d planned on doing. Maybe when I release the code someone else can implement that.

Flag Post

Woooo! Very nice!

Flag Post
Originally posted by 123aaa789:
Originally posted by Cyclonea:

Not with the available resources. It’d probably be possible to do so through comparing past results to current ones (so subtracting this week’s values from the next one, and so on), but that wasn’t something I’d planned on doing. Maybe when I release the code someone else can implement that.

Alright, thanks for the explanation. Keep up the great work!

Flag Post

0/5 worst leaderboard ever, I’m not on it.

Flag Post

Finally, something to get me back to spamrating again.
Thanks, 123!

Flag Post

583th. Feels kinda good to have 582 people above me who even have spent more time on kongregate.. puts things in perspective, y’ know

Flag Post

Yay! 5041….i’m an average high achiever! :P nice (If possible i’d like to count those BotD points out….damn kongpanions, can’t resist their cuteness despite my pride of getting to lv 65 on my own bootstraps)(yes, I did just botch the sayings i said….jammed 2-3 of them together and made them my own….like the evil person I am)

Flag Post

This is phenomenal. I’m suddenly motivated to start rating games again. :)

Flag Post

I am 2827th.

That is a lot higher than I thought. I thought there were way more people at level 65 than 2106.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bobby71983:

I thought there were way more people at level 65 than 2106.

What people thought seemed to vary quite a bit; I asked some people beforehand and got a few answers in the 1,500 range, and the most that one of those level 65 adding accounts had added before was about 1,200. Personally, at first I expected it to be a bit more too, but I guess this number makes sense.

Flag Post

Wow its truly amazing.

Flag Post

Holy shit, I’m 62nd. Did not see that coming. 0_o

Great sheet 123, I’ve always wanted a much more detailed top user list.