Forums Kongregate

Calculating points for level page 3

86 posts

Flag Post

lol, i’m level 1

Flag Post
Originally posted by szow79:

lol, i’m level 1

Relax! Just get badges on games you find fun and you will quickly level up! :)

Flag Post

Lol now it’s 226 points to Level 33 for me! (I gained some points)

Flag Post

I simplified your formulas.
5(n+3)(n+4) – 100 =
5(n^2+7n+12) – 100 =
5n^2 + 35n +60 – 100 =
5n^2 + 35n – 40

[ 15(n-32)(n-31) ] /2 + 5(n-34) + 55 =
15(n^2 – 63n + 992) / 2 + 5n – 170 + 55 =
(15n^2 – 945n + 14.880) / 2 + 5n – 115 =
7,5n^2 – 472,5n + 7.440 + 5n – 115 =
7,5n^2 – 467.5n + 7.325

The formulas don’t work at some levels. The first formula works on low levels, but not on high levels like 34. The second formula also doesn’t work very well.

Flag Post

Has anyone noticed their Kongregate level drop? I would have swore that I was a level fifty-something, but I just got level 48 today. I could be mistaken. It’s just that my boyfriend even swears that I was level 55. This is the second time I’ve noticed that my level fell backwards over the last 4 years that I have been playing games on Kong.

Flag Post

Well, since someone bumped this, here’s a graph thingy:

Flag Post

Nice. 9999 views.

Flag Post

Or we could bring this post to the attention of the admin who set up the point system. But who? ._.

Flag Post

what can i get by leveling?

Flag Post
Originally posted by WTFXP:

This post from the FAQ answers that. To sum it up, you get bragging rights, to some degree.

Flag Post
Originally posted by WTFXP:

What do you think would be so good perks you could “unlock” through leveling?
Like any system there’s room for abuse, which I why I think level is primarily for bragging rights right now. But unlocking profile skins could be cool, in my opinion. Though since that’s a K+ feature, I’m not so sure.

Flag Post

Good idea V, unlocking profile skins at certain levels would be upvoted by me!

Flag Post

Lou Weed, thnx for the table, it’s very helpful. I also agree with Vendetta that unlocking profile skins or something similar would be great…:D

Flag Post

it would be nice if you could get small amounts of kreds for leveling up e.g 10 kreds per level up

Flag Post
Originally posted by divefr:

it would be nice if you could get small amounts of kreds for leveling up e.g 10 kreds per level up

That wouldn’t be good for the site. 10 kreds = $1. You do the math.

Flag Post
Originally posted by LouWeed:

Well, since someone bumped this, here’s a graph thingy:

Is there any way to extend this beyond Level 65 just for the fun of it? (Hypothetically if the level cap is increased/removed).

Flag Post

Zantier your level 50 is correct —> 50 17260

I’m at level 49, 88 more points till I crack level 50.

Flag Post

I think my last post may have gotten lost under the chart, so repost:

Is there any way to extend the chart beyond Level 65 just for the fun of it? (Hypothetically if the level cap is increased/removed).

Flag Post
Originally posted by PetalmaneBaku:

I think my last post may have gotten lost under the chart, so repost:

Is there any way to extend the chart beyond Level 65 just for the fun of it? (Hypothetically if the level cap is increased/removed).

The level points needed to next level are increased in a random pattern, so there’s no way to calculate what the level could be if the cap was increased. (You can still go with the formula of +10 increase each 5 levels, it’s the one used in the last 20 levels)

Flag Post

Well I wouldn’t call it random, there’s definitely a pattern. It’s just not clear what exactly the pattern is.

Flag Post
Originally posted by LouWeed:

Well I wouldn’t call it random, there’s definitely a pattern. It’s just not clear what exactly the pattern is.

I wouldn’t call it a pattern when it goes 20 levels with 10 points increase in the points to next level, then it increases to 20, then it increases by 5 points each 5 levels until 49, when it increases by 10 instead of by 5 per 5 levels.

It’s possible that there’s a pattern, but 65 is too low to figure it out and now it just looks hand-picked.

Flag Post

Bookmark

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Originally posted by Hokage4354:

That wouldn’t be good for the site. 10 kreds = $1. You do the math.

but you could do “1 kred per lvl”