Forums Kongregate

New card art!

650 posts

Flag Post

As much as we love Udon for providing all of the card art up until now, we’re bringing in Massive Black to provide a bit more. Below are 3 new characters from the upcoming pirate set. Let me know what you guys think!

Flag Post

those are pretty swell

Flag Post

Man, you really rushed for that “reply” button.

Flag Post

I thought my input was of vital importance.

Flag Post

I think that the middle and first one doesn’t quite match the color/and shading that all the other cards but the styles match, or aren’t to different from the old ones, which is good I think the middle ones name should be Lass :3 she seems like a charmer wink.

Flag Post

Wow, those pictures are awesome, but will they look so good when they are scaled down to card size?

Flag Post

I will basically use the top guy in all my decks no matter what stats he has.

Flag Post

Lol I was thinking the same thing.

Flag Post

Wow, those pictures are awesome, but will they look so good when they are scaled down to card size?

Scaled down they obviously won’t look as good. You can already see that with our current art, though (zoom in if your browser scales it down): http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/7853/ama3colors1mm1.jpg

Flag Post

The lass just dont seem right. draws bigger boobs with magic marker There.

Flag Post

The first guy? The last one is carrying a cauldron of cannon balls! Plus, he’s a god fearing man. Artillery and piety.

Flag Post

Ok no joke this has been bugging me for weeks is the middle one wearing pants… I’m dead serious I can’t shake the thought she isn’t, can anyone confirm it please. is she a bird or something I don’t know I’m so confused…

Flag Post

I did not notice the cross good catch :|

Flag Post

yeah but the first guy has a skullpipe

Flag Post

Ok no joke this has been bugging me for weeks is the middle one wearing pants… I’m dead serious I can’t shake the thought she isn’t, can anyone confirm it please. is she a bird or something I don’t know I’m so confused…

uh I’m pretty sure she’s wearing white leggings and spiky shoes like the other two

Flag Post

Yeah, they are just normal steamin’ hot fightin’ babes (does the phrase “femme fatales” fit here?) with spiky boots.

Flag Post

That stuff looks sweet. Can’t wait for more.

Flag Post

The Woman Pirate are very sweet and beautifull! Lets use it!

Flag Post

Very good art. But if I see/hear more Pirates today, my head is going to explode.

Flag Post

I wish there were “creature cards” or something now that would be cool like liger that a amazon can ride on the back of, awesome :P

Flag Post

There is shading. System failure.

Sweet.

Flag Post

I do really like these a lot, but not for what they’re being used for. That’s going to be weird when you get those two drastically different art styles together. It’s going to make the game seem a bit less uniformly put together. Not only art styles but the battle positions and the lack thereof. That first pirate is just asking for a free kick to the nuts. I definitely like the former art for the way kongai is set up. They have vivid colors which are emphasized better with darker shades and brighter harder highlights letting it sit more comfortably on the game’s background. I like these (especially the first) for admiring. These remind me a bit of my style. I think different art styles much of the time do fine together, but usually not when an anime style is in the mix.

Are you guys planning on having even more artists? I think since you’ve got these 2 styles already, even more of a variety could help.

Flag Post

Looks really, really good; however the difference in art style is fairly noticeable. It doesn’t match with what is currently used, so I don’t care for the inconsistency.

If we used this style first I would be saying the same thing about the Udon style. But you gotta do what you gotta do; not really a horrible thing. Very professional at least.

Flag Post

We actually mocked these up with some of the Udon art and it didn’t look that off at all. At least not to me.

Flag Post

The art looks great, but I think it’d look more like the other cards if they had outlines. That’s what I noticed about it first. Other than the difference in art though, the images rock.

Wish I could do art like that :P