Forums Kongregate

New Kongregate Version! (CR 2009.06.30)

34 posts

Flag Post

A new version of Kongregate was pushed out last night. We included quite a few bug fixes and tweaks, but the biggest change is our new integration with Aviary as a tool for creating cool artwork for our Collabs pages. You can now create, change, and edit artwork with AViary and have them automatically uploaded to Collabs for you. Check it out, and see RichPixel’s new tutorial, at the Art Collabs.

As always, please feel free to add comments, questions, and suggestions to this thread.

I’ve included the newest changelog below, though you can also view the full (non-incremental) one at any time here.

Flag Post

CR 2009.06.30

Some of these are changes that have been patched to the main site in the last few weeks while others are changes that were updated last night with the new release, but all of it is new since our last release on June 3.

Users:

- “All contest winners” in the Collabs sort by date instead of by rating

- Collabs media pages now show the date submitted

- Fixed a few minor formatting issues in IE6

- Aviary is now tightly integrated into Collabs, allowing artists to create raster and vector graphics using this cool online tool and immediately upload them to the Collabs page.

- Added a tutorial on using some of the basic features in Aviary

- Fixed a bug causing our Contact Us page to get borked in IE8

- Redesigned many of our prefab emails to look prettier and include updated information

- Fixed a bug that occasionally would show our Signup Tab to registered users

- OCD Fix: We got a report that we had an alert telling you that you had “Succesfully removed a friend”. Teh speling haz nao ben fixd.

- And a big congratulations to Warlords: Call to Arms for being our first game to break the 10,000,000 plays mark! Well done!

Flag Post

Congrats to warlords and thank you for that OCD fix….

Flag Post
Originally posted by re4beast:

Congrats to warlords and thank you for that OCD fix….

yea same here….

Flag Post

Cool Updates in the Collabs. I’ll check that out now.

Flag Post

I concur: Good job on the update, and congratulations to Warlords.

Flag Post

Yay to Warlords and PR2 is catching up that’s for sure. Sad when I was on at 1:28 EST to experience the constant refreshing just waiting to get back online. :|

Flag Post

Would this change be what’s causing my chat windows to be unloadable?

I use Flashblock for Firefox, and there’s usually a button to load the chat window (it’s usually just below the game window) – but the button has now gone, meaning I can’t connect to chat.

Or is my problem being caused by something else?

Flag Post

I don’t think we’ve made any notable changes to the chat app. If you want to figure out if it’s the problem (which I would guess it is), try disabling Flashblock and see if you can load the game. If you have more problems, please leave a shout for me on my profile and we can chat through those – I’d rather not distract this thread with troubleshooting. :)

Flag Post

Loving the abundance of updates, yo. :]♥

Flag Post

cool congratulations warlords and DJStatika!!!!

Flag Post

Server lag now?

Flag Post

Please check how old this post is. This advice should quickly become obsolete.

I have heard many complaints about games not loading since yesterday’s update. My first thought was Kong’s servers are melting from the increased Summer activity. Seemed reasonable as Epic War 3 was unloadable all weekend and continues to have problems during peak hours. But the recent issues have a fix unrelated to the servers.

Seems the latest update is not being completely received by browsers. First reboot (amazing how many issues disappear with a reboot.) Clearing the browser cache should also help. If the problem persists, change browsers. Switching to Opera or (if having difficulty using Opera) Firefox gets everything working again

Kong: Something is stuck. Make certain all files have recent timestamps so browsers will update all files.

If using Firefox, use version 3.0.×. Avoid Firefox 3.5 for a while; many problems reported.

Flag Post

solprovider – thanks for the post, though more specifics would be helpful (i.e. what files aren’t downloading, what problems are reported with FF3.5, etc.). How do you know the recent changes aren’t being received by the browsers? Are you unable to see the Aviary pages? Many of the other changes aren’t even all that visible.

What you are describing – people not being able to load some games – has been a complaint for a few weeks and something that we’re working on. Our systems administrator is attempting to find out if there’s a caching issue on our end or if certain assets aren’t being served for some reason. Any specifics that you notice could be helpful, but I doubt they’re related to this most recent update.

Flag Post

hey thx solprovider that helped alot .

Flag Post

Since the last update there’s lots of people who can’t load games due to Adblock. If disabling Adblock solves the problem, just whitelist Kong.

Flag Post

Good… now you can UNBREAK THE CHAT

Every goddamn time I load a game, the chat opens instead of the game bar.

Just What I Want.
A million retards spamming about every ### topic other than the game im playing

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sebine:

Just What I Want.

Um.. maybe someone WANTS to chat when they open a game? Seriously, opening the game bar instead of the chat is the dumbest idea I have ever heard of. By the way, how was Warlords the first game to break 10,000,000 plays? Who actually plays it more than Platform Racing 2?

Flag Post

People want to chat, and if you don’t want to chat opening the “GAME” bar won’t stop the lag. Go to an any language room where there is not that much chat. And you can open the game tab by yourself.

Flag Post

I use FF3.5 and it works perfect with Kongregate. No problem at all.

And it may be just an add-on that is effecting the pages.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sebine:

Just What I Want.

Then just open the Game Tab? You’ll take 1 second, and I doubt that people would be able to spam a lot in 1 second. Also, with 16,000+ games and only around 200 users in chat it’s very unlikely that somebody will be playing the same game you are, unless it’s a new badged game, so do you expect people to talk about the game that YOU are playing instead of talking about the games that they’re currently playing? Wtf? Also, the chat is not just a place to talk about games, you can talk about anything as long as it stays civilized.

Flag Post

Ever since this whole update happend… none of my games have been working.. and i really dont want it so i can never play on this website.. cause i enjoy it very much. in the bottom left corner it says “Done, but with errors on page.” and i had my brother bring up the same website and his had advertisements. mine does not. could this have to do with the flaw? i would like it for a mod to look at my comment and hopefully help me out. thanks! :D

Flag Post

its every fucking time

if it stayed in the game tab, like it USED TO

id be fine.

Flag Post
Originally posted by NeilSenna:

Would this change be what’s causing my chat windows to be unloadable?

I use Flashblock for Firefox, and there’s usually a button to load the chat window (it’s usually just below the game window) – but the button has now gone, meaning I can’t connect to chat.

Or is my problem being caused by something else?

I have noticed that the Flashblock placeholder for the chat is now located right at the bottom left of the entire screen.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Coldflair:

Ever since this whole update happend… none of my games have been working.. and i really dont want it so i can never play on this website.. cause i enjoy it very much. in the bottom left corner it says “Done, but with errors on page.” and i had my brother bring up the same website and his had advertisements. mine does not. could this have to do with the flaw? i would like it for a mod to look at my comment and hopefully help me out. thanks! :D

Do you have Kaspersky by any chance? :P