Forums Kongregate

The Official Unofficial MODCALL Script (now with Chrome and Opera support!) page 2

160 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Thyrael:
Originally posted by MrSpontaneous:

Coming Soon For…
Opera

That would be perfect!

Just so you know it works fine in Opera, at least an older version of the script I have does, but I don’t see any reason for this one not to work either. If you don’t know how to use JavaScript in Opera they explain it here ^^

Flag Post

Excellent! Works like a charm!

Flag Post

the script is awesone and installed…

Flag Post

Thank you Spont. This will work in the Hive whenever we get a wave of trolls.

Flag Post

One of the best ideas I’ve heard of yet! What would the world be like without all of these ingenious ideas?

Flag Post
Originally posted by 123aaa789:

One of the best ideas I’ve heard of yet! What would the world be like without all of these ingenious ideas?

Pretty much how it used to be 5 hours ago without this script..

Flag Post

Congrats on finishing this Spont!!!
Looks good

Flag Post

the only thing it needs is to notice if a mod is afk so it wont get sent to them

Flag Post

The script works as-is for Opera too, but for Chrome and IE you’ll need a workaround, since both don’t fire onclicks for options…

Flag Post

What about other language rooms?

Flag Post

It’s awesome. :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kioyoh:

What about other language rooms?

It will try first try to call mods who have volunteered to cover your room – most of the non-English mods have volunteered to cover all rooms in their language. If none of them are online, a random online mod is chosen (so you’ll get a non-native language speaker)

Flag Post
Originally posted by ljispopular:

the only thing it needs is to notice if a mod is afk so it wont get sent to them

That’s not possible with the way AFK is handled right now.

Flag Post

Are we allowed to test it with no consequence? (Once?)

Button… So hard… To resist…

Flag Post

Awesome script, I can’t wait until I actually get to try it out.

Flag Post

Wow, great script! I hope that Kongregate makes that option official on the chat actions page.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JaumeBG:

MrSpontaneous, what happens to Catalan people? There are only 2 mods which speak this language, and one is banned, so there’s only 1, and if someone in Catalonia (only Catalan room) wants a mod, there’ll be 0% chances to get a Catalan mod, what should we do? :\

If there are no online mods who cover your room my script will randomly choose any mod who is online. This will hopefully be more helpful than not summoning a mod at all.

Flag Post

MrSpontaneous, what happens to Catalan people? There are only 2 mods which speak this language, and one is banned, so there’s only 1, and if someone in Catalonia (only Catalan room) wants a mod, there’ll be 0% chances to get a Catalan mod, what should we do? :\

You had the same problem without this script, Spontaneous can’t do anything.

Flag Post

Probably one of the most useful things ever. Great job man really great

Flag Post

Thank you.

Flag Post

Firebug+Greasemonkey will have conflicts. So disable Firebug. If you want to edit the script just open it in Notepad. If you want to change the Call a Mod button change the part where it says “Call a Mod” in the script to whatever you like. If you put it so the length is too long the chat actions box will NOT even show up. If I could only work hard enough to make an AdminCall to call an Admin for permabans. ;D Maybe even could code a script that could open an easy PM list for PM’ing friends. But that might not even happen. :(

Flag Post

Just mute the damn troll. Use that unused mute button. If enough people mute the person they will go away and die into a regular user. :| Or just go into another chat and get banned for spamming/speaking another language.

Flag Post

Works well. Thanks Sponty. I’ve used it a couple of times already.

Flag Post

It works well, thank you MrSpontaneous. A job well done, props to you.

Flag Post

Someone should fix up my right click menu script, then add this there. Then, the mod will know exactly the person they’re looking for before they enter the room.