Forums Kongregate

The Official Unofficial MODCALL Script (now with Chrome and Opera support!) page 3

160 posts

Flag Post

I installed it an everything yet I do not see it anywhere. Any ideas what to do?

Flag Post

Blood, you need to click on “Chat Actions” and click on “Call Mod”.

Flag Post

facepalm I can read I did that, I had to change something in my settings to allow it to work.

Flag Post

I failed today as I pressed it and called myself…lol.

Flag Post

Hmmm I changed rooms and then went to use the button and it was not there anymore any idea why?

Flag Post
Originally posted by blood18:

Hmmm I changed rooms and then went to use the button and it was not there anymore any idea why?

its persisted through room changes for me. If it disappears, you’ll need to refresh the page.

Flag Post

I’ve been waiting for this to be released, great job Spont! for the people that get it, it completely erases the need for Modfriend, which used to take too much time if you have a real duzy of a troll on your hands =/ before I became a Mod I would rely on my friends list for a mod, as I didn’t want a random one being brought in.

Flag Post

It should now work with Opera as well. Chrome will take a little longer since it is stupidspecial. Thanks for your patience!

Flag Post

It is confirmed that FireFox 3.5.1 will run Greasemonkey and the script.

Flag Post

Only problem is when I tried the modcall button 10 times. I got only a total of 4 people. And only 2 of them were not AFK and but only 1 came. :| Make it so it does not choose the same mod over again.

Flag Post

There will be some repetition to an extent, but there’s already an updated version in testing that won’t call the same mod twice in a row.

As I stated earlier, AFK status cannot be checked.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Namelesswonder:

Only problem is when I tried the modcall button 10 times. I got only a total of 4 people.

The issue there is that out of the people who signed up to be on-call for your room only 4 were online. The script only calls a random mod if none of the mods for your room are online, so you’ll just get those same 4 each time.

Flag Post

How do you save it as a .js file?
I’m running the latest version of opera.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Altheman:

1. Click the install link on the userscripts.org page
2. On the subsequent page, click File > Save as > and enter the file name, making sure it ends in .user.js
3. Continue to follow the Opera instructions that are linked to in the main post.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MrSpontaneous:
Originally posted by Altheman:

1. Click the install link on the userscripts.org page
2. On the subsequent page, click File > Save as > and enter the file name, making sure it ends in .user.js
3. Continue to follow the Opera instructions that are linked to in the main post.

Thanks, it works now.
I was trying to copy and paste it into a word processor…

Flag Post

Shakes in anticipation for the Chrome script

Flag Post

Ask and ye shall receive…

I have updated the script to now support Chrome!

Since scripts aren’t officially supported just yet, you will need to follow the instructions pasted in the first post.

Opera users, replace your current version of the script with the new Chrome/Opera version

This should fix some of the bugs you experienced. My bad.

As always, let me know if you have any issues.

Flag Post

The modcall script for chrome works great! One tiny thing though, where you download the script for chrome/opera, when you click the install option of the page it will just show you the script. In order to actually download the script, you have to open that link in a different browser. I don’t think there is much you can do about that though…
EDIT: how can I start chrome with the scripts without opening up command prompt and typing in “start chrome.exe —enable-user-scripts”?

Flag Post
Originally posted by johnrulz:

The modcall script for chrome works great! One tiny thing though, where you download the script for chrome/opera, when you click the install option of the page it will just show you the script. In order to actually download the script, you have to open that link in a different browser. I don’t think there is much you can do about that though…
EDIT: how can I start chrome with the scripts without opening up command prompt and typing in “start chrome.exe —enable-user-scripts”?

You’ll need to right click the chrome shortcut you use to launch it and select properties and then add the enable user scripts thing to the end of the target line… make sure to include a space between the .exe and the double dash.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MrSpontaneous:
Originally posted by johnrulz:

You’ll need to right click the chrome shortcut you use to launch it and select properties and then add the enable user scripts thing to the end of the target line… make sure to include a space between the .exe and the double dash.

Thank you!

Flag Post

What version is the Chrome script compatible with? Because I know that I have the latest of the latest version as in the “Developers” version. Any idea if that script works with that?

Flag Post
Originally posted by PeachHead:

What version is the Chrome script compatible with? Because I know that I have the latest of the latest version as in the “Developers” version. Any idea if that script works with that?

Anything other than the “official” release should work (i.e. both beta and dev versions)
[edit] According to Vent, all versions, Official/Beta/Dev, will work.

Flag Post

Hey noob question, is ‘Chromium’ like the grease monkey for Chrome? If so… I’m not sure how to install it.

Flag Post

Chromium is Chrome without the Google Update-tool and Google in its name :P
If you updated Chrome in the last 6 months, you don’t have to install anything. Just place the script in your User Scripts-folder, start Chrome with the —enable-user-scripts (or —enable-greasemonkey if you’re still using Chrome 1.x) flag, and you’re done.

Flag Post

Just pushed an update that will stop the same mod from being recommended twice in a row. Also made some backend performance updates.

You do not need to re-download the script – the changes were server side.