Forums Kongregate

The Official Unofficial MODCALL Script (now with Chrome and Opera support!) page 4

160 posts

Flag Post

Thanks, it works great on my version of opera! Hooray!

Flag Post

Yes it is me once again with my tech knownledge fail I was hoping you could maybe tell me with a bit more detail how to instal it to chrome because I follow your steps and it just ends up showing me the code but not installing it. Sorry I fail somewhat I know.

Flag Post

Chrome Instructions

Sorry about the lack of legible numbering – Kong doesn’t display them, for some reason

1. 1. Right click on the shortcut that you use to launch Chrome and select ‘Properties’
  2. 2. Add --enable-user-scripts to the end of the Target, with a space separating the two.
  3. 3. Click OK to save your changes and exit the dialog
  4. 4. Navigate to the User Data directory that corresponds to your OS as specified here. Be sure to substitute your account name into the path where specified.
  5. 5. Create a new folder within the User Data directory called “User Scripts” (without the quotes)
  6. 6. Go to the page for the chrome version of the script: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/54326
  7. 7. Click the install button
  8. 8. You should be at a page with some code on it. Click the File button and select “Save Page As”
  9. 9. Save the page as “modcaller.user.js” (without the quotes) in the User Scripts directory that you created earlier.
  10. 10. You may have to restart Chrome
  11. 11. Now, the ‘Call a mod’ link should appear in the Chat Actions menu

Hopefully this should help all of you Chrome users out. As always, let me know if you’re having any issues.

Flag Post

Ok I have tried a number of times to get a script to work with my Chrome. Ventero has helped me every single time (♥ him, want his babies and stuff) but nothing worked.

“C:\Documents and Settings\NAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” —enable-user-scripts —user-data-dir c:\scripts

How is this supposed to look? This doesn’t work.
Also tried it with the standard directory.

Just whisper me if I’m in the chat, doubt I’ll look here. :P

Flag Post

Wanted to let everyone know that there will be some planned downtime either tonight or tomorrow night – I’m going to be pushing out an update that should stop it from recycling onto afk mods.

Flag Post

I was wondering, is it possible to call a mod even if there is an afk mod in the room, and is there a message that tells you you summoned a mod, or tells you who you summoned, i still haven’t had the chance to test it…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sharingan123:

I was wondering, is it possible to call a mod even if there is an afk mod in the room, and is there a message that tells you you summoned a mod, or tells you who you summoned, i still haven’t had the chance to test it…

1 – Yes, it is possible. The AFK mod will be shown the first time, but for subsequent times after that, new mods will be shown.

2 – Yes, you will see who is being summoned. The button inserts a pre-filled whisper to a mod into the chat box, and all you have to do is hit Enter to send it.

Flag Post

Thank you!

Flag Post

Bump because more people need this installed. :)

Flag Post

Does the Chrome instructions work pretty much the same as the FF one? I am having difficulty aenabling user scripts in Firefox…

btw it works great in Chrome, thank you SO much!

Flag Post

For Firefox, just install this addon and restart Firefox afterwards.
Then go to the userscript-page and click the green “Install”-button. A window should popup asking you if you want to install the script, so click install again. Then open the chat/refresh it if it was already open, and you’re done.

Flag Post

Modcall script doesn’t seem to work right anymore. It only calls either of 2 mods for me, and neither may be on at the time it attempts to call them. Back to my friend list. This is both in Chrome and Firefox.

Flag Post

This script is great, I think kong should make it official though and inform more users of it instead of just having it here where not enough people sees it.

Flag Post

i do feel like everyone should have it.

Flag Post

I have a question, is this script now useless for forums with Kongregate’s new forum layout?

Flag Post
Originally posted by JaumeBG:

I have a question, is this script now useless for forums with Kongregate’s new forum layout?

This script doesn’t have anything to do with the forums, its a CHAT script :-P

Also, sorry I haven’t pushed out any improvements lately, life has been busy and my main dev computer is currently in pieces on my floor. I should have another version out sometime next week – until then, install away!

Flag Post

On the latest version of Opera, it only works about a quarter of the time, the rest, it doesn’t show up.

Flag Post

For Internet Explorer Grease Monkey Scripts also try: IE7 Pro (very good IMO, lots of features added to IE)
http://www.ie7pro.com/

Or: Trixie
http://www.bhelpuri.net/Trixie/

Flag Post

a 5 star topic! well done

Flag Post

good job spont

Flag Post

How come it only gives 2 mods to call max?

Whenever I try it, each time it switches back & forth between Sarsy & Ysayell. Why doesn’t it choose other mods to call?

Flag Post

As long as there are mods who have volunteered to cover your room online it will summon them – in your case there are only two. In the event that there is just one, a subsequent modcall will choose a random online mod. I’ve been contemplating extending this functionality up to 4 attempted modcalls, but I’m concerned about the possibility for abuse.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MrSpontaneous:

As long as there are mods who have volunteered to cover your room online it will summon them – in your case there are only two. In the event that there is just one, a subsequent modcall will choose a random online mod. I’ve been contemplating extending this functionality up to 4 attempted modcalls, but I’m concerned about the possibility for abuse.

The weird thing is, they weren’t online, according to my friends list. Ysay was online hours later, but Sarsy hasn’t been online at all as far as I know.

Flag Post
Originally posted by videogames518:
Originally posted by MrSpontaneous:

The weird thing is, they weren’t online, according to my friends list. Ysay was online hours later, but Sarsy hasn’t been online at all as far as I know.

Hmm, I’ll have to look into that, then. Thanks.

Flag Post

Okay, I feel like a moron for having to ask this. If I closed the sidebar, how do I get it to come up again? And I’m not so clear on the instructions for changing my account name.
I’m a FF noob. Sorry. =/