Forums Kongregate

New Kongregate Version (CR 2009.07.14) page 2

92 posts

Flag Post

I know this is tiny but anyone else notice Mod/Dev icons have a different font too :O

Disgraceful . ;P

Flag Post

more lag and server fail. 2 times within an hour.

Flag Post

I just can’t cannot at all now. I’ve never experienced this problem before.

Flag Post

There was a thread about the icons already. They are now in the Serif font.

Flag Post

If you have questions on the lag, go here: http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1/topics/49425?page=1#posts-1094843

I just explained the lag somewhat there.

Flag Post

Much much more lag now. As well as random disconnects. I’m sure you are working on it now.

Best of luck.

Flag Post

Yes, the lag is a side-effect that we’re investigating. We may have to cut that new feature, but we’re working on it. Don’t worry, it’s not going to be a permanent change – we just didn’t have the ability to do a full-scale test on our test servers, so we’re seeing how our servers handle it and tweaking as needed.

Flag Post

I like these updates, hopefully the lag will keep improving from where it is at now for me.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Phoenix00017:

We’re cutting support to the “High Scores” API and have removed links to those tutorials. We still use the Statistics API that most people have been using, and we still support the API for both AS2 and AS3. I believe old games will continue working with the High Scores, but we will no longer provide support for those APIs.

Can we get some clarification on this? Me and Kyru are a bit befuddled with what’s going on here.

Flag Post

and the as3 scores/stats are still bugged.

Tested rigth now. Waiting (refreshing) since half a hour. Still the outdated score. No update.

Flag Post

EDIT: I was wrong. :P

Flag Post

Killing the high scores API? Bad move. That’ll kill a good number of games who should have badges, but don’t.

Furthermore, it appears that BOSH is causing many, many problems with connections. </obvious>

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kyru:

EDIT: It has just come to my attention after rereading the changelog information that I may have misunderstood which API was removed last night. If my new interpretation is correct, the “statistics” API is more comprehensive, including both static reports as well as highscores, and as a result made the old “high scores” API obsolete.

I hope this is the case. Hence asking for clarification.

Flag Post

Ok, apparently I wasn’t clear on this one. Kyru, I’m happy to say you’re completely wrong. :)

This has nothing to do with hacking or high score tables or anything like that. We haven’t removed any APIs either – only the links explaining how to use one of them. What we’re doing is trying to encourage developers to use the Statistics version of the API instead of the High Scores version. Those games that used High Scores should continue to work, but sometimes this API is buggy or problematic, which is why if any developer asks for help (aka the “support” I was referring to), we will tell them to use the Statistics API. Both APIs are capable of reporting similar statistics – this will not change anything in terms of high scores from the player’s perspective. This is why I put it in the Developer section – they’re the only ones who will notice. I’ll try to clarify that in the changelog – sorry to cause any concern.

Flag Post

Trying to log onto chat phailed for me 5 times so far today. And then, Mega-lag when you came off of inactivity to chat to a friend. I had the Mega-lag happen to me about 13 times. All lasted from 3-6 minutes.

Flag Post

no point of this update…..

Flag Post
Originally posted by james123193:

You couldn’t be more wrong. This BOSH thing allows more people to connect to chat than before. The have fixed the bug where people randomly get “silenced”.

Flag Post

Your posts are pointless too, so what’s your problem with a pointless update?

Note: This update isn’t even pointless, read Payton_Hayes’s post above.

Flag Post

i think you guys should make finding certain unachieved badge easier, like have the ability to look at only the unachieved Easy, Medium, Hard, and Impossible badges separately, rather than a mashup off all the unachieved badges. See i’d like to finish all the easy badges just to get through with those, buts its to tedious to look from page to page for only the easy badges, so it’d be nice if we could look at specific difficulties only.

Flag Post

I haven’t heard any updates here for a while, since I was busying doing something else other than Kongregate. However, most of the time I just see many bug fixes and other tweaks. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a good time to update this website more frequently, so that is more important to do so if they like to keep going.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Inferno11:

i think you guys should make finding certain unachieved badge easier, like have the ability to look at only the unachieved Easy, Medium, Hard, and Impossible badges separately, rather than a mashup off all the unachieved badges. See i’d like to finish all the easy badges just to get through with those, buts its to tedious to look from page to page for only the easy badges, so it’d be nice if we could look at specific difficulties only.

I suggest that you install the Kongregate sidebar. It tells you how many badges you have, the percent of them you have earned, how many points you need until your next level, and shows you unachieved badges by difficulty. Like, it shows all the easy badges, then medium, hard, and impossible respectively.

Flag Post

I suggest that you install the Kongregate sidebar. It tells you how many badges you have, the percent of them you have earned, how many points you need until your next level, and shows you unachieved badges by difficulty. Like, it shows all the easy badges, then medium, hard, and impossible respectively.

Thanks Payton, i had no idea such a thing existed, this will help me a lot

Flag Post
Originally posted by Inferno11:

Thanks Payton, i had no idea such a thing existed, this will help me a lot

No problem! :D

Flag Post

What in the hell are you talking about? Do you just randomly say things, did you not read what the update did, or do you just not understand any of it? Please, stop saying such things that have been worked hard on.

Flag Post

Any chance you could fix the API bug where keyboard keys stick on certain games? I’ve played them on three different computers over two different internet connections and they’re still unplayable.