Forums Kongregate

New Kongregate Version (CR 2009.07.14) page 3

92 posts

Flag Post

New font in the dev, mod, room owner, and curator icons. The current font looks crappy. Remove the serifs please.
Kthxbye.

Flag Post
Originally posted by dudemcbob:

Any chance you could fix the API bug where keyboard keys stick on certain games? I’ve played them on three different computers over two different internet connections and they’re still unplayable.

Is this an API bug or a Flash bug?

Flag Post

Any chance you could fix the API bug where keyboard keys stick on certain games? I’ve played them on three different computers over two different internet connections and they’re still unplayable.

I used to have the same problem. It turns out that happens when Windows Vista lags. I upgraded to Windows 7 RC or try playing the game with no windows open. Also if you are using IE, Google Chrome has less lag.

EDIT: I am not sure if the same happens when Windows XP lags, I have not experienced lag on XP.

Flag Post

Thanks for all the fixes you guys made! We enjoy them. I hope Kongregate will be the best website ever!!!!!!!!

Flag Post
Originally posted by googoolyeye:
Originally posted by james123193:

no point of this update…..

What in the hell are you talking about? Do you just randomly say things, did you not read what the update did, or do you just not understand any of it? Please, stop saying such things that have been worked hard on.

I agree! They did work hard on it and they always will!

Flag Post

This is a problem with Internet Explorer 8, and I don’t think it has anything to do with the API, but if you know otherwise that’d be useful information (i.e. does it only happen on games with the API enabled?). However, there is a fix that one of our users discovered. You can read about it here: http://www.kongregate.com/forums/7/topics/32448?page=3#posts-971187

Originally posted by Spindax:

New font in the dev, mod, room owner, and curator icons. The current font looks crappy. Remove the serifs please.

Kthxbye.

Perhaps you should look at our logo again. It has serifs, and we’re matching the icons to the main logo. Is this really something that you feel the need to complain about? :-P

Originally posted by MakotoShinobi:

I haven’t heard any updates here for a while, since I was busying doing something else other than Kongregate. However, most of the time I just see many bug fixes and other tweaks. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a good time to update this website more frequently, so that is more important to do so if they like to keep going.

New chat about a couple months ago, and an entire new section (Collabs) last month? We’re definitely working on new features in addition to bug fixes (including some cool new ones that we’ll hopefully roll out in a few weeks), but we also feel that the community likes to be aware of all the minor changes that come along the way, so we put out these releases out every few weeks so that you all can see what we’ve been up to. :)

Flag Post

Oh yes. Kongregate functions really well in the back, but it’s the front we expose to everyone else. In short, the old icons looked better.

Flag Post

Is it just me or is everyone else also not receiving any achievements? Im logged in as shown at the top of my kongregate website mut the game window itself shows a red plug (not logged in). Tried logging in/out, clearing cache, changing browser… Nothing works.

Flag Post

Wonder when can move into Kongregate instead of staying in Kongregate beta

Flag Post

Gmail was in beta for 5 years. We’re only 3 years in. I’ll let you do the math. :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Phoenix00017:

Gmail was in beta for 5 years. We’re only 3 years in. I’ll let you do the math. :)

But you aren’t planing to rule the world as google is, are you? ;-)

Flag Post

Oh yes. Kongregate functions really well in the back, but it’s the front we expose to everyone else. In short, the old icons looked better.

I’m not going to disagree with you, but, isn’t this a rather insignificant problem to dispute over?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Phoenix00017:

CR 2009.07.14

Users:

- Fixed a bug in IE8 that caused badge page links not to work properly.

Since this update, the badge page links are no longer clickable on IE7.

Flag Post

Looking good, Looking good :) I have to say, I preferred the old Mod Icon…

Flag Post

Please add a Mute All chat button like the last version because the chat lags my game a lot, i dont like to chat but it really gets in the way of preformance, its annoying to click every single name of whos chatting to mute them, a mute all button on kongregate and i will be very greatful

Flag Post
Originally posted by AWESOMEGUY333:

Please add a Mute All chat button like the last version because the chat lags my game a lot, i dont like to chat but it really gets in the way of preformance, its annoying to click every single name of whos chatting to mute them, a mute all button on kongregate and i will be very greatful

What he said. Some of us come to play, not to chat with random people.

Flag Post

Just switch the tab.

Flag Post

Just to throw in my two cents:

Cent 1: Digg was considering the same and blogged about it in Much Ado About IE6 TL;DR – Most users using IE6 do so from work or because they’re not their computer’s admin. And while I see that as a perfectly good reason for Digg not to drop support yet, most people shouldn’t be playing on Kong at work anyway ;)

Cent 2: You didn’t mention the new Serif pips! They’re harder on the eyes now, I think! It might be that I’m OCD and they’re not centered after anti-aliasing, but meh. I found the sans-serif ones to be nicer in general.

P.S. Everyone should go help "Save IE6:http://wwwsaveie6.com =D

Flag Post

could you guys please fix the glitch where some games think your holding down a certain key and you have to press that key to make it stop. because of this glitch i have to play games on other sites and i cant get badges

Flag Post
Originally posted by timewarp42:

could you guys please fix the glitch where some games think your holding down a certain key and you have to press that key to make it stop. because of this glitch i have to play games on other sites and i cant get badges

This is not Kongregate’s fault. This is how Flash works. You hold down a button, and click outside the window. Flash still counts your button as pressed.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SevereFlame:
Originally posted by timewarp42:

This is not Kongregate’s fault. This is how Flash works. You hold down a button, and click outside the window. Flash still counts your button as pressed.

it still happens when i dont click outside to window and it dosent happen on other sites

Flag Post

If you’re using IE, read this post in the TechSupport-forum

Flag Post

Will it ever be possible to save the state of a game to kong, like 3 save slots so I can switch computers and continue?

Flag Post
Posted By: Phoenix00017
sorry to everyone who ever has the privilege of playing against Greg and getting their tail handed to them. :)

I dont play Kongai.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Brikenobi:

I’m not going to disagree with you, but, isn’t this a rather insignificant problem to dispute over?

It really is, but I couldn’t find anything else to complain about! I like this update.