Forums Kongregate

New Kongregate Version (CR 2009.07.14) page 4

92 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by sirblackjack:

Will it ever be possible to save the state of a game to kong, like 3 save slots so I can switch computers and continue?

No

Flag Post

No

You can create levels for certain games which are saved to your profile, I don’t see why the ability to store save files on an account shouldn’t be a possibility in the future.

I was testing a game that I’ve been working on (unpublished, but on kong) when I noticed the new High Scores I created weren’t working. The old ones were but not the new ones. I replaced the High Score codes with Statistic codes instead, the game now appears to be selectively sending one of multiple statistics to the servers, instead of all of them, no idea if this is something up with my game or the APIs, it sounds like you haven’t done any changes to the APIs yourselves so I’m guessing I need to go back and take a closer look.

Flag Post

yeah, so…. now almost all the time when im in the middle of a game my browser shows at the bottom left that data is being transfered to like, cdn3.kongregate.com and it destroys the FPS and makes games like moneysieze completely worthless to try and play.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jindo:

No

You can create levels for certain games which are saved to your profile, I don’t see why the ability to store save files on an account shouldn’t be a possibility in the future.

Cookies take up more room than strings.

Flag Post

There’s the thing, I think that saved data could be as simple as a string/code that your game can be scripted to read and load things from accordingly. The downside to this of course is that it would mean more programming for the developer, which afaik is what Kongregate are trying to avoid with their APIs.

Flag Post

There’s the thing, I think that saved data could be as simple as a string/code that your game can be scripted to read and load things from accordingly. The downside to this of course is that it would mean more programming for the developer, which afaik is what Kongregate are trying to avoid with their APIs.

Also what if they can’t connect to the server?

Flag Post

Also what if they can’t connect to the server?

Then how the server stored it would be irrelevant until they could connect ;O

Flag Post
Originally posted by AWESOMEGUY333:

Please add a Mute All chat button like the last version because the chat lags my game a lot, i dont like to chat but it really gets in the way of preformance, its annoying to click every single name of whos chatting to mute them, a mute all button on kongregate and i will be very greatful

We heard some requests for this so I did a number of performance tests about a month ago comparing the performance with chat running to having no chat running and found no significant difference between the two. It’s possible that games run slightly slower on Kongregate in general because of the application we have them running in, but chat itself does not make a noticeable difference in my tests. If you have concrete evidence to the contrary I’d be curious to see it, but at the moment I’m just not seeing any justification for a true mute chat button when you can just switch tabs.

No

I was testing a game that I’ve been working on (unpublished, but on kong) when I noticed the new High Scores I created weren’t working. The old ones were but not the new ones. I replaced the High Score codes with Statistic codes instead, the game now appears to be selectively sending one of multiple statistics to the servers, instead of all of them, no idea if this is something up with my game or the APIs, it sounds like you haven’t done any changes to the APIs yourselves so I’m guessing I need to go back and take a closer look.

It would be a nice feature to be able to have server-saved games, and it’s something we want to look at, but there are some definite challenges with it. We will continue to investigate it, but we can’t make any promises.

As for your game, please use the Development Support in the Contact Us page and I’ll help you go through some testing on it, but this thread isn’t the right place for it. Chances are it’s an issue with your game though since the API seems to be working fine for most games. I will say that you should not be using the High Scores API at all – only use Statistics. Also, if you’re in AS3, don’t use the component to load the API – you want to use the manual method.

Originally posted by Crass:

yeah, so…. now almost all the time when im in the middle of a game my browser shows at the bottom left that data is being transfered to like, cdn3.kongregate.com and it destroys the FPS and makes games like moneysieze completely worthless to try and play.

I’d be interested in looking into this a bit more. Can you email me at qa@kongregate.com with these details, as well as what browser you’re using? Thanks!

Flag Post

As for your game, please use the Development Support in the Contact Us page and I’ll help you go through some testing on it, but this thread isn’t the right place for it.

Sorry about that ;O

I will say that you should not be using the High Scores API at all – only use Statistics.

I replaced the High Scores API with the Statistics upon reading this thread, which was when I still had the issue, I’m going to try one more solution and if that fails I’ll be contacting the Development Support, thanks!

EDIT: Having said this, I’ve managed to get more statistics to respond while others still don’t, and the ones that don’t send stats are the ones on the line below the successful one in my code (basically I’m now assuming that only 1 stat can be sent at a time, I should be able to find a workaround)

EDIT2: It appears none of them were ever sending, I tried to send a developer support request, first the message was too long, when I cut it down, I got an error telling me to “Stop goofing around!” D:

Flag Post

Yikes…well, go ahead and send a short dev request to us and then the rest of the communication will be done through email where you can be as long-winded as you’d like. :)

Flag Post

I’ve gotten one of the three stats to submit again, and I think I know what’s causing the other two to break, I’ll be contacting support if this fails.

EDIT: Removed my game, reuploaded it, and added all of the statistics again. Tested one set of levels and so far all statistics were fired, I’ll be sure to contact support if anything goes wrong though :).

EDIT2: Removing and re-adding the statistics seems to be working, so far 9/9 statistics are working.

Flag Post

Erm… question. Do accounts expire over time?

Flag Post
Originally posted by blackhawk808:

Erm… question. Do accounts expire over time?

Originally posted by SavageWolf:

No

Flag Post
Originally posted by Phoenix00017:

YAKV (yet another Kongregate version)! Our developers continue to plow through old bugs while simultaneously creating new features for the site. This release focused primarily on bug fixes and tweaks while we get together for a bigger launch hopefully sometime later this month. We do have one cool new feature that should help people who have been getting connection problems due to having blocked ports. And no more swearing in Kongai matches – sorry to everyone who ever has the privilege of playing against Greg and getting their tail handed to them. :)

The OCD fix this month was actually a fix for the mods: for a while we switched the system so that it looked like rooms were full and they couldn’t get in. They actually could get in, but we’ve fixed up the interface so it’s not self-contradictory any more.

As always, please feel free to add comments, questions, and suggestions to this thread.

I’ve included the newest changelog below, though you can also view the full (non-incremental) one at any time here.

i like how u added the bg upgrade on upgradse complete, but now when u fully upgrade everything it comes out to be 110%

Flag Post

Make the damn site work with FireFox…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Buttersnack:

It works already. Duh.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Matoking:
Originally posted by Buttersnack:

It works already. Duh.

Just test it and you will know that works :|