Forums Kongregate

Better Kongregate Firefox Add-on [UPDATED: Oct 23, 2012] page 16

436 posts

Flag Post

New version is still being worked on :) I had a problem with my VM manager, but I moved to VirtualBox and everything’s running smoothly again.

Just to whet appetites: addon startup times should be ~60-75% faster when new version rolls around (hopefully this weekend).

Flag Post

NEW VERSION

Version 4.0 (April 16, 2011)

• Addon fixed for Firefox 4.0

• Addon startup now 65-75% faster

• Added Ventero’s Forum Voices script

• Removed Reinderien’s Full Screen script (broken)

• Removed Colorful Text Ratings script (formatting problems)

Flag Post

Nice update, I’d already been using the Forum Voices on GreaseMonkey, but this is more convenient now. As for the speed update, that should also come in handy, so nice work.

Flag Post

Thanks! :D

Flag Post

Awesome, finally a reason to go back to FF4 from Chrome.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MicroGamer15:
Originally posted by Sellyme:

Awesome, finally a reason to go back to FF4 from Chrome.

Eh, I still think Chrome is better. If you can provide me with proof that FF4 is better, I’ll believe you. But I have no proof so far.

Selly never said that it was “better,” only that it’s a personal preference. The add-on is nice, and sure, you can get many of the individual add-ons for Chrome, but in no way does that matter. Both browsers are great in their own ways. Personally I use Firefox as I like the feel of it more, and really, there’s basically no difference between the two.

Flag Post

This still doesnt work in my latest FF beta…

Flag Post

There currently is no Firefox beta, so you’re either using the Aurora build (FF5 alpha) or the nightly build. Since BK hasn’t been tested with either of those, it’s intended that it doesn’t show up as compatible to those versions.

Or you’re not using a beta at all and followed the wrong link. Go here to download the (unreviewed) version of BK which works in FF4. Since it hasn’t been reviewed, it isn’t linked on the main addon page yet, so you have to follow the link above to get the FF4-compatible version.

Flag Post

I don’t think the API Checker script is entirely working properly. It doesn’t mark some games that have badges as such. For example, errors on the first page of highest rated games: Cursed Treasure, Monster Slayers, and Sonny 2. Don’t know what could be causing this.

Also, could you add some kind of organization or sorting to the Help tab? It can take a while to find where one is listed. (Perhaps sub-tabs for each category of scripts with the scripts listed in the same order, or just alphabetize them.) Don’t worry about it if it’s too much of a hassle. Or if there is one already and I am just blind :P

Flag Post

Hm…
I have downloaded the add-on and it was working quite well.
But now, after using Better Kongregate 4.0 for awhile, it has started to block my chat box…
I do not what I have done to make it so nor do I know what I can do to fix it, but please help. Thank you.
Great add-on for Chatting. :D

Flag Post

Blocked in what sense? – is the game covering it, or is it simply not allowing you to interact with the chat and other tabs?

Flag Post

Is there actually anything similar to this for Chrome users?
I’ve been looking for an all singing all dancing script, and I can’t find one that’s anywhere remotely remarkable as this…
Plus, I find Firefox too slow in comparison to chrome, so I do not wish to switch ;_;

Flag Post

Hunka, the thing about this is that it’s just an add-on which is comprised of a slew of GreaseMonkey scripts, many of which can be installed to Chrome individually (I believe so, it was said somewhere a few pages back anyways) through whatever scripting engine Chrome uses.

Here’s a quote from a little while back:

Originally posted by MrSpontaneous:
Originally posted by MelbourneBoy:

Is there a Kongregate add-on for Google Chrome?

no, but you should be able to install all the scripts separately.

Flag Post

Hey! It’s finally working for FF4

Flag Post
Originally posted by Maik50:

Hey! It’s finally working for FF4

FF5 has come out. It works there just fine and it’s recommended that you upgrade, since FF4 is at its “End of life”, and will no longer receive any updates.

Flag Post

How do you get to the menu that lets you manage the different features and such?

Flag Post

Click the red and white ‘K’ icon on the Addon Bar to access the options. If you have the Addon Bar disabled, you can enable it by right-clicking your Home button and clicking ‘Addon Bar’.

Alternately, you can get to it through the Addons interface by clicking the Firefox button —> Addons —> Extensions (in the left pane) and clicking the Options button on the entry for Better Kongregate.

Flag Post

musicdemon has anyone made this for chrome?

Flag Post

Wooo, nice necro. I don’t believe that you can get Better Kongregate for Google Chrome, but there are plenty of user scripts that you can use in Google Chrome using Greasemonkey.

Flag Post

When you update Firefox to 8.0, it will disable your Better Kongregate Add-on. You’ll need to manually Enable it in your Tools/Add-ons/Extensions at the very bottom right.

Flag Post

Is it possible to modify certain scripts? Or do I have to disable the script I want to edit in Better Kongregate and download it separately?

Flag Post

Um, with the K+ changes there are some changes made to kong, so some scripts of the the Better Kongregate plugin doesn’t work anymore. e.g. Modcaller, Fullscreen chat..

I’d be very happy when this gets fixed musicdemon. Could you please give it a try?
Thanks in advance!

Flag Post

Yeah, I noticed this myself, Bennieboj.

Is it possible for this to be fixed? =)

Thanks.

Flag Post

Well AFAIK, the scripts need to be updated.
I don’t know if the app itself needs much updating…
But as long as there aren’t any updated scripts, musicdeman can’t do anything I guess.
I guess people like Ventero will update the scripts, I asked him at least on his profile.

Flag Post

Originally posted by Bennieboj:

Well AFAIK, the scripts need to be updated.
I don’t know if the app itself needs much updating…
But as long as there aren’t any updated scripts, musicdeman can’t do anything I guess.
I guess people like Ventero will update the scripts, I asked him at least on his profile.

most of us will. don’t expect any fixes from kaedenn, though. last i knew, s/he left.

tomorrow i have all the joys of going through every one of them and debugging. *sigh* it would be nice if 3rd party script developers had advanced warning and access to a testing area. perhaps if there were an official area for us to put our scripts on kong (if an admin’s interested, PM me for more details of not overtaxing your servers)