Forums Kongregate

Kongregate Staff Identifier Script

13 posts

Flag Post

Everybody knows who the staff members are in the forums, right? Before this script, people could figure out who these miracle workers were only by a little research and/or word-of-mouth.

This script was inspired by, and is based heavily on, arcaneCoder’s Forum Tools script which can be found here. It works a lot like the script’s “Forum Moderator” tag that people in the “Moderators” list are given.

This script is barbaric in comparison, and is simpler to understand than eating cereal with a spoon. To be honest, this is the product of being stuck in the car for 2 hours with no Internet.

Before you install this script, you need to be running Firefox and have the Greasemonkey add-on that can be found here: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/748

Without further ado, here’s the Kongregate Staff Identifier Script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/55756

This will also be included in my next update of the Better Kongregate Firefox Add-on

Flag Post

Well done, musicdemon. :)

Flag Post

The add-on doesn’t update versions like other add-ons, or at least it wouldn’t for your first update.

Edit: Oh, and great job and thanks.

Flag Post

All I can say is… What?

Flag Post

It’s self-explanatory. But to elaborate: you can check for updates to your add-ons in your add-ons screen. Updates for add-ons can also be found and installed when you start FF. For this add-on, the update utility does not recognize that an update is available. You have to update manually.

Now do you understand, person who didn’t make this add-on?

Flag Post

Not what I meant, smart arse. So all it does is adds a “staff member” thing below each staff member?

Flag Post
Originally posted by skeelful08:

Not what I meant, smart arse. So all it does is adds a “staff member” thing below each staff member?

Yes.

Flag Post
Originally posted by pikaia08:

It’s self-explanatory. But to elaborate: you can check for updates to your add-ons in your add-ons screen. Updates for add-ons can also be found and installed when you start FF. For this add-on, the update utility does not recognize that an update is available. You have to update manually.

Now do you understand, person who didn’t make this add-on?

I’m not sure as to why this is, but it’s probably because my add-on is still in the Public Nomination queue (500+ addons) and will (hopefully) soon lose that “experimental” tag. Then, perhaps, the automatic updates will work.

EDIT: It’s also possible that your browser hasn’t checked for updates to your addons since you installed version 1.0. Click the “Find Updates” button in the Tools—>Addons menu of your browser.

Flag Post

skeelful08: That’s not how it looked (insert name-calling here). Why don’t you try being more descriptive with your questions.

Flag Post

That’s what it looked like to me. He said “All I can say”, which usually referrs to the OP.

Flag Post

Thanks, but it wasn’t exactly intuitive to me, since “all I can say” was a few posts down, but you’re right and I’m not here to start a flame war.

It’s over and done with, ’nuff said.

Flag Post

not neccesary anymore

Flag Post

if it is not necessary, then why did you bump it?