Forums Kongregate

Full screen flash? page 3

121 posts

Flag Post

I hate fullscreen, window mode is much better.

Flag Post

who cares what you think, it should be possible to at least double/ triple resolution so it can be seen on screen I’m SICK of constantly down levelling my tip top massive monitor to a poxy 1024 × 768 resolution because something doesn’t work properly.

PEPSTER is right, although I’ve no particular thing with Knogregate. it’s just the first place I saw the debate.

I like to play flash games on my TV out screen in my armchair….

Tell you what though, and this makes me think someone’s making fun of someone

I’m using the latest version of Firefox on XP Pro on a Sony monitor and hgeheheeh

heheh all of this debate is cut off at the right hand side… ie doesn’t matter how you scale it or what resolutio you choose the last few letters of each POST is missing!!!!!!!!!!!Tso again Pepster has a point…

we shouldn’t have to change our hardware or software settings for something so universally simple….!

Flag Post

If you really really really want to play full screen flash games just find it in the source code.

Flag Post

Yes, joobox, you’re right. You should never be mildly, if at all, inconvenienced EVER. It’s always all about what you think is right, even if you’re completely oblivious when it comes to computery gidgets.

Flag Post

Joobox, my forums are widescreen and still don’t get off, so yeah…

Also, what Spaghedeity said.

Flag Post

Well my monitor and TV aren’t Widescreen (if u even know what that IS – try to define the WIDESCREEN ratio)!

so no to keep it simple I don’t need to be inconvenienced as there is such a wealth of places to browse that do know how to present their pages and content CORRECTLY,

I just said Pepster has a point that there is fully compliant standards and formats that should never clash.

I used to use Macs so Don’t tell me about it.

Plus Gidgets>? ? ? I don’t know? Well I’ll never tell you about it so stay put kiddleytins!

Flag Post

Let me end this problem. Of course some games have issues in fullscreen. That is the issue for developing any game for the PC/Mac/Web platform.

There is a thing that developers need to do to support such a feature, and that is called “OPTIMIZATION”. A REAL developer will put the game through testing. If it doesn’t run well, then fix it.

I personally think it would be great to incorporate a fullscreen option on Kongregate. But only the staff allows the game to be played that way.

Lets picture a time when Kongregate adds the feature. You upload a game with the correct fullscreen code. You upload and check off the box that states “Can be played in fullscreen”. When the game passes through a moderator, they must test to see if the game is appropriate enough to be played in such a state. If it is, then the option is available, otherwise it will only be played in a window.

Another solution to the “Missing Chat window/Sidebar” is to incorporate an in-game system that displays all the information when you move your mouse to the right side of the screen. Just like youtube where the bottom bar hides until you move the mouse.

There are plenty of options. People just need to stop bitching about problems and start finding solutions.

The reason why I’m posting here on such a subject relies on the fact that I would love to add a full screen option to my future games. I want to offer some premium quality games to kongregate. So far only a couple of game ideas will suit the limited space.

Another option is to link the game to a fullscreen version (offsite) of the game, which connects to the Kongregate API. I might just do that for now.

Flag Post

Usually, optimizing your game won’t pay off if you are optimizing it specifically for full screen, since such a low percentage of sites (and users) actually allow/do this. Why spend a week to a month just trying to make it run smoothly for less than 0.5% of your viewers, when you could have started on another game.

If you did have full-screen, then developers(and kong) would also loose out on ad revenue, making it another reason why not to do it. Though, having a pay-to-get-fullscreen version could be implemented to satisfy both kong and developers.

Flag Post

I dun like full-screening my game, then I can’t chat… T.T

Flag Post
Originally posted by Agent_86:

I dun like full-screening my game, then I can’t chat… T.T

Sounds like a win in my book :-P

Flag Post

All i’m seeing are replies with no thought. Seriously, fullscreen doesn’t mean all games can be in fullscreen.

Kongregate should force developers to use a “Fullscreen UI Overlay” so that in order for your game to be fullscreen, it must have a Kongregate Sidebar which includes Advertisements, Chat, Achievements, etc.

@UnkownGuardian: 0.5% of the users? A very biased percentage don’t you think. If there was an option, you would be seeing it used by 80% of the players. A good example of this is “Restaurant City” over on facebook. The addition of the Fullscreen feature was met with great rejoice.

I’m not saying you are wrong, but I am saying that you need to take your head out of your ass and start thinking with an open mind. Because it seems you failed to take in account the possibility of what I stated in my first sentence of this post.

Flag Post

Again, if the developer wants fullscreen, they should be forced to add the “Kongregate Fullscreen UI” to their game in order to get the feature activated.

Flag Post

Oh, of course, if full screen was implemented, then maybe, it might raise up, but right now, its quite low in actual use, so currently it would not be worth it to make full screen flash.

And on another note, some games on m.kongregate.com have the ability to go full-screen, like Shoot!

Flag Post
Originally posted by UnknownGuardian:

Oh, of course, if full screen was implemented, then maybe, it might raise up, but right now, its quite low in actual use, so currently it would not be worth it to make full screen flash.

And on another note, some games on m.kongregate.com have the ability to go full-screen, like Shoot!

Shoot can go full screen..? o_O

Flag Post

Yep. http://m.kongregate.com/games/BenV/shoot-mobile-edition

Flag Post

That doesn’t really cont, does it?

Flag Post

That is why I said:

Flag Post

You can try SwiffOut that take care of switching to the most suitable resolution so it’ll work with unscalable bitmaps based game and keep enough cpu to get every games fast (I made it ). It’s an addon for IE, Firefox and Chrome.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ecaradec:

You can try SwiffOut that take care of switching to the most suitable resolution so it’ll work with unscalable bitmaps based game and keep enough cpu to get every games fast (I made it ). It’s an addon for IE, Firefox and Chrome.

I don’t buy anything which has bad grammar on it’s website, and that probably already exists.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SavageWolf:

I don’t buy anything which has bad grammar on it’s website, and that probably already exists.

You’d definitely never buy anything from yourself, so it seems.

But yeah, the Better Kongregate add-on includes a full-screen option I believe. I also believe it conflicts with the chat resizer, so make sure to turn that off when you want to use it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kioyoh:
Originally posted by SavageWolf:

You’d definitely never buy anything from yourself, so it seems.

What? If you see any mistakes on my website, tell me.

Flag Post

I was referring to the sentence I quoted.

Flag Post

I’m french. I’ll try to find someone who can fix the mistakes. Better Kongregate or Flash Game Maximizer don’t switch resolution and they are Firefox only extensions. SwiffOut is better in that way :
It preserve the speed of the game and the aspect ratio. Final-ninja play great with it and others games too. I don’t think it’s possible with any other extension.

Flag Post

It’s actually a javascript script, so it should work in most browsers (except for IE). It does preserve the speed of the game. Aspect ratio, not so much. It does preserve chat though, not sure if yours does as well. Chat is required for badges and connecting with some games (like Remnants of Skystone).

I wasn’t saying this script is better than your extension. I was merely providing a (alternative) solution to the problem mentioned in the topic.

Flag Post

Robot Wants Puppy on the home doesn’t work with the script. It’s very easy to find games that didn’t work when just resizing the flash. With SwiffOut almost all games works fullscreen. I have detection issues on some sites, but I’m very good on that too, even if not perfect.
I’ve used alternatives and they work but I made SwiffOut to make flash games really feel like desktop games. It’s a bit hard too convince people to try it because it’s a difference in quality. If you have five minutes, test the free version here. It works without restrictions for 30 days, you have nothing to loose.