Forums Kongregate

Kongregate Competition Sign-Ups & Directory

218 posts

Flag Post

▪ This thread is exclusively for sign-ups. Please use this thread for any discussion: http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1-kongregate/topics/74355

This thread is for controlling any chaos over the hosting and execution of gaming competitions.
It is required that you sign up for a spot in this thread if you would like to host a competition.
If you post a competition thread without first signing up here, that thread will be locked.

The rules! Please read these first.

Guidelines:
▪ Competitions must be open to the general public.
▪ There can only be one competition running at once (except in the situation listed below).
▪ A second competition may be started if the first lasts longer than 10 weeks.
▪ The competition must be completed within 15 weeks, or it will be closed.
▪ Competitions will take place on a first come, first served basis.
▪ Each person can only sign up to host one competition at a time.
▪ If it is your turn and you do not begin sign-ups or a qualifying round within 5 days, your turn may be skipped for the next competition. During this 5 day period, the host in the front of the line must either shout me or make a post in this thread stating his/her’s status on competition readiness.
▪ Relating to the above guideline, if you acknowledge that your competition will not be ready during this 5 day period, your spot in line will be given to the next person, who will then be given a 5 day period. However, if you give your spot up, you may take the next spot in line.
▪ Any who do not sign up using the provided template may or may not be able to host said competition.

Notes on this thread:
▪ Older posts in this thread may be deleted for the sake of cleanliness.
▪ This thread is exclusively for sign-ups. Please use other threads for discussion.

Flag Post

Hosting your competition:

Signing up should be done in the following way:

<h2>Signing Up</h2> 
Name of Competition (optional): 
Number of competitors being accepted: 
Approximate run time: 
Names of co-hosts, spreadsheeters, etc.: 

Starting your competition should be done in the following way:

<h2>Starting competition</h2> 
Name of Competition: 
Number of competitors being accepted: 
Name of co-hosts, spreadsheeters, etc.: 
Link to qualifying round: 

Ending your competition should be done in the following way:

<h2>Ending Competition</h2> 
Name of Competition: 
Link to final round/thread: 

Flag Post

Examples:

Signing Up

Name of Competition: K.O.N.G.R.E.G.A.T.E
Number of competitors being accepted: 150
Approximate run time: 3 weeks
Names of co-hosts, spreadsheeters, etc.: guuguulyeye

Starting Competition

Name of Competition: Competition 3
Number of competitors being accepted: As many as possible
Approximate run time: 5 weeks
Names of co-hosts, spreadsheeters, etc.: None
Link to Qualifier Round: http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1/topics/29447

Ending Competition

Name of Competition: K.O.N.G.
Link to final round/thread: http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1/topics/45187

Flag Post

The Current List

videogames518 is currently hosting a competition

RedPanda21
supergiantsfan
BCLEGENDS
Drovoxx
Wiggles96
LazloZania
TeamEgoFrisk
SamsterSamster
hiperson134
Danaroth
Fricknmaniac
meltedbutter
InfiniteHunter
MicroGamer15
CowFriend

Also, if you’re looking for help with hosting a competition (co-hosting, spreadsheets, etc.), try contacting one of these people.

(If you would like to be put on the list, feel free to make a post in this thread or leave me a shout)
Payton_Hayes
Drovoxx
videogames518
Fricknmaniac
Procyonpi
snipahar
CowFriend

Flag Post

List of available past competitions for reference:

Competition #3
The Gauntlet
K.O.N.G.
Konguest
Official Amberial Axis Release Tournament
Kong-Prix
The Kongreatest Challenge
Castlewars Competition
The Goliathan Konquest
Starland TD Competition
Kwest for the Holy K
50/50 Winners and Losers
The Tower
The (Inter)National Greg Games
The Kongregate King
Competition to Find the Best XIII

Flag Post

Signing Up

Name of Competition (optional): The Kongregate King

Number of competitors being accepted: 150-200

Approximate run time: Between 1 and 2 months.

Names of co-hosts, spreadsheeters, etc.: jacobmatto, Payton_Hayes, WiiPlayer113.

Other: I will rank competitors in a different way, there will be a first round and only 128 will remain, these 128 will be randomly put into groups A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H. Then they will be a round and only 8 competitors of each group will qualify (64 remaining), they will stay in those groups, then there will be another round which will be the same as the previous round, only 4 of each group will qualify (32 remaining). Then the same again, 2 of each group now (16 remaining). Then this would be the “Round of 16”, just like in sports competitions, each will play against one opponent, and whoever gets the highest score qualifies (8 remaining). Then the same with the quarter-finals (4 remaining), semi-finals (2 remaining) and final (1 remaining, the “Kongregate King”).
It would work like a FIFA World Cup.
(If I can only do it the “normal” way, then please tell me)
Edit: 13/02/2010: note to self: maybe I could do this like a sports league…?

Flag Post

me and 123aaa789 are hosting one but we don’t know when it will be the name and that kind of stuff

Flag Post

Awesome. Kongrats on the sticky.

Signing Up(Confirming my Spot)

Name of Competition (optional): N/A(No Name Yet)
Number of competitors being accepted: 200(If 200 do not sign up, the number wil be cut to 150)
Approximate run time: 1 1/2 months
Names of co-hosts, spreadsheeters, etc.: WiiPlayer113. sellyme.
Other: Standard competition, 40 eliminated in round 1(160). 30 eliminated in round 2(130). 30 eliminated in round 3(100). 20 eliminated in round 4(80). 16 eliminated in round 5(64). 16 eliminated in round 6(48). 16 eliminated in round 7(32). 8 eliminated in round 8(24). 8 eliminated in round 9(16). 8 eliminated in round 10(8). 4 eliminated in round 11(4). 2 eliminated in 12(2). 1 eliminated in the finals(1). 13 Rounds.

Flag Post

Great idea goog, this should clear up tons of confusion.

Flag Post

Do multi-player competition still count as proper competitions? :P

Flag Post

Wii, I’d be happy to help co-host if you want. it’s always helpful to have someone on the other side of the world so you can update 24/7

Flag Post

▪ This thread is exclusively for sign-ups. Please use other threads for discussion.

Guys, please.

@Lj, it’s just for reference. :/ If you’d really like it off, please give me a shout/whisper

Flag Post

I’ll delete my posts. But you should make a discussion archive or something. Or re-bump KFFC or whatever :P

Flag Post

Make a Kongregate Competition Discussion Thread

Flag Post

Signing Up

Name of Competition: Kongregate Epic Contest of Win
Approximate run time: 4 weeks
Names of co-hosts:123aaa789
spreadsheeters: Ljispopular
Other: this competition will have 8 rounds. for 7 out of 8 rounds 20 people will be defeated each round. on the 8th round we will have a mini competition where there will be 5 games and you get 5 points for first, 4 points for second ,3 points for 3rd, 2 points for 4th, and 1 point for 5th

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ljispopular:

Signing Up

Name of Competition: Kongregate Epic Contest of Win
Approximate run time: 4 weeks
Names of co-hosts:123aaa789
spreadsheeters: Ljispopular
Other: this competition will have 8 rounds. for 7 out of 8 rounds 20 people will be defeated each round. on the 8th round we will have a mini competition where there will be 5 games and you get 5 points for first, 4 points for second ,3 points for 3rd, 2 points for 4th, and 1 point for 5th

That sounds like the Goliathan…

EDIT: Whoops, forgot. No discussion…

Flag Post

If you forgot that there’s no discussion, why do you not delete your post? >_<

Flag Post
Originally posted by googoolyeye:

If you forgot that there’s no discussion, why do you not delete your post? >_<

The delete button doesn’t work properly sometimes. I’ll try again but- Wait, didn’t you just break your own rule? XD

EDIT: Nah, still doesn’t work, sorry. Anyway, to not make this post completely useless…

I have 4 games ready, I am thinking 9-10 rounds.

Flag Post

Signing Up

Name of Competition: Vigorous Gaming (the 1st letter of each word together spells VG, which is my preferred username. :P)

Number of competitors being accepted: 150+

Approximate run time: Depends on how long it takes the competitors. I’m guessing about 2 months.

STAFF

Co-hosts: Conquerer95, Sellyme, IAmTheCandyman, & 09Kisame09
(gets a copy of the games list after the Qualifying Round ends, can spreadsheet, but can’t compete with the competitors, but can compete with other Co-Hosts).

Spreadsheeters: WiiPlayer113, iGark, Fricknmaniac, & Jazzaboy
(can spreadsheet & compete)

Other: 12 rounds. The deadlines for each round will most likely end at a fair time for Eastern Standard Time, which should hopefully be fair for everyone else. Whoever wins will get a prize. Any Co-Host who has competed against other Co-Hosts may also be eligible for a much smaller prize, if there is one.

Flag Post

SIGNING UP

Name: Unknown as of right now

Number of competitors: 150 – 200 depending on level of interest.

Approximate Run Time: Depends on number of people that are in it. But I would say most likely around 2 months. This is just a really rough guess.

Co-Hosts: himitsusj

Spreadsheeters: Himitsusj, and maybe one more depending on amount of people.

Other: Rounds will last around 3-4 days.

Flag Post

Signing Up

Name of Competition: The Kongrethlon!

Number of competitors being accepted: 100

Approximate run time: 3 weeks

Names of co-hosts, spreadsheeters: Rms04, CheezezbergrPls

Other: As described by the name, it will be sort of like a decathlon. There will be 5 game rounds and each round will last 3 days. Each contestant will post a score. After the 5th round, scores will be averaged for each contestant, and they will be given a final score. If any scores are the same, the contestants that are tied will have a sudden death round. After all scores are ok and no sudden deaths are needed, final scores will be posted. Hopefully, the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will be awarded a certain number of Kong Kreds to their account. (I will talk to an admin about setting this up)

Flag Post

…fffffffffffffrick. This is gonna be a while. Oh well, at least I’ll have time to prepare.

Signing Up

Name of Competition: current name secret; see Other

Number of competitors being accepted: 100

Approximate run time: Roughly 7 6 weeks, once qualifiers have finished.

Names of co-hosts, spreadsheeters: None, at the moment. locks888, viper11475, YinYan

Other: The name I have decided for this contest is currently a secret, and will not be released publicly until after qualifiers have finished. I am using this as the name until then: ‘Codename: N.I.C.E.’

Flag Post

Ending Competition

Name of Competition: Kwest for the Holy K
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1-kongregate/topics/74596-kwest-for-the-holy-k-finals-pkkhaseo-wins

Flag Post

Hello. Do to real life problems (My dad taking away my internet for 2 months) I wish to have my tourney postponed to be after XYTWO. I’m sorry if this has caused an inconvenience for any of you.

Flag Post

Starting Competition
Name of Competition: 50/50: Winners and Losers
Number of Competitors Being Accepted: 64
Approximate run time: 6 weeks, excluding qualifier round
Names of co-hosts, spreadsheeters, etc.: videogames518, Ljispopular
Link to Qualifier Round: http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1-kongregate/topics/75487-50-50-winners-and-losers