[Guide] Realm of the Mad God F.A.Q. page 5

461 posts

Flag Post

Is it possible to play at rotmg.com with my kongregate account?

 
Flag Post

for those of us hunting the kong hard badges, is there a way to see which dungeons your current character has completed?

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by ColeVonCat:
Originally posted by fancypantzer:

So, is there a way to take your account that you started on Kong, and play it on, say, www.realmofthemadgod.com? I haven’t seen anything that SAYS you can;t, but…..

In the start-up screen under “accounts” you can link an account on www.realmofthemadgod.com to Kongregate. I assume you have to create an account there FIRST, and then link them. I don’t know about going the other way.

Does your username on kong stay??

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Kashira:

Is it possible to play at rotmg.com with my kongregate account?

This is a problem, you can’t do that… i’ve cash in my account, and i’ll never more use kongregate to play games
I’ll create another account in the rotmg.com and play it.

 
Flag Post

for the loot from oryx is it sometimes shown only for you or do all players see it so you have to rush and pick up

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by vsps7:

for the loot from oryx is it sometimes shown only for you or do all players see it so you have to rush and pick up

Any bag colored other than brown is soulbound and can only be seen by you.This of course includes drops from Oryx.

 
Flag Post

To all the people who keep asking about moving their progress from kongregate.

See http://blog.wildshadow.com/support

“Use your Kongregate account elsewhere

Sorry, this is not allowed. "

If you play RoTMG on Kongregate, thats the only place you can play it without starting over.

 
Flag Post

Hi there o/

Is white egg worth some (or even one) stat potion ? Sounds like it’s pretty rare and costs much fame :o
What are the potions prices around ? I heard atk/def = 2 other = 6 speed potions..
Are there some guild commands like whisping only to guild members or something ?

This game really lacks of informations for newbies.. we have to spend hours on forums/wiki etc .

 
Flag Post

A stupid, but basic question. I lose my fame if I spend it right? If i use my 1000fm to create a guild, i start at zero again?

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by laser925:

They need a storage

itscalled the vault its right by the spawn its a yellow portal

 
Flag Post

Is it possible to play with your kongregate account on a standalone flash player?

More details: it’s quite easy to get the standalone flash. I use it on games to reduce lag, because browsers can be quite resource-heavy. If I got it right, kongregate gets the game from this url:

http://www.realmofthemadgod.com/kongregate.html?DO_NOT_SHARE_THIS_LINK=1&kongregate_username=USERNAME&kongregate_user_id=USERID&kongregate_game_auth_token=AUTH TOKEN&kongregate_game_id=127641&kongregate_host=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kongregate.com&kongregate_game_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kongregate.com%2Fgames%2FWild_Shadow%2Frealm-of-the-mad-god&kongregate_api_host=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.kongregate.com&kongregate_channel_id=CHANNEL ID&kongregate_api_path=http%3A%2F%2Fchat.kongregate.com%2Fflash%2FAPI_AS3_API PATH.swf&kongregate_ansible_path=chat.kongregate.com%2Fflash%2Fansible_ANSIBLE PATH.swf&kongregate_preview=false&kongregate=true&KEEP_THIS_DATA_PRIVATE=1

however that’s a .html, not a .swf. Looking at the source code I couldn’t find much, specially because I’m not that good with JS. So, my question is: given that url, specially all the data that I hid, what’s the .swf url that is the game?

 
Flag Post

Originally posted by laser925:

They need a storage

they do have a storage its the vault you have only one chest that holds about 8 items you can buy more with kreds if you want.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by gora123:

A stupid, but basic question. I lose my fame if I spend it right? If i use my 1000fm to create a guild, i start at zero again?

Yes, you loose your fame.

 
Flag Post

i don`t get it how do you dye and then earn fame?

 
Flag Post

The fame and items on vault are linked to your account, not one of your characters. Thus you can find some items and get fame with one, then die and take another class to use them :)

Question about guild… what’s the utility ? private chat and ranking… is that all ?
And for bags, do you need to hit the monster even once, or a certain amount of damages ? For exemple how can a Priest get blue bags from gods, does he have to deal 5-6 hits minimum, or just one or even just be near when it dies ?

 
Flag Post

Dakelordd2s mini guide to realm gods
(correct me if im wrong or miss any out)
Going from most famous/annoying:

Sprite god:Big hitting and far range moving quickly around them (mind sorroundings!) can give you the time to kill it

Medusa:The bane of melee classes a nasty 90 damage per bullet always have a priest with you if you arnt skilled at god killing!

Leviathon:If realm of the mad god had a machine gun this is what it would look like it spams bullets doing 60 damage each in 3 directions and in the other 3 they shoot 80 damage bullets but not as much as the weaker bullets

Ent god:This is why you should let dwarf kings live! not very far range but around 70 a bullet (not sure on that) a caster can make quick work of them

Evil eye:Shoots in random directions and shoots purple bullets that cause no damage but blind its bullets are easy to spot when blind so this guy isnt that hard

Flying brain:This god dosent think about attacking adventurers does 70 a bullet but easy to dodge anything can kill this fellow

White demon:With the words “Kill me” on its forhead this is the easiest god to kill 40 damage a bullet and shoots around 20 spread out bullets even a lvl 1 could kill it (Not advisable!!!)

Suggested god farming classes: Necro Priest Harry Sorc(?) (Wizard) Assassain Trickster (If skilled) Archer and Huntress
Alright:Paladin Rogue
Suicidal god farming classes: Warrior Knight Mystic

 
Flag Post

Sorry for double posting did a lil more research into the gods

White demons fire 8 bullets
Slime god i missed out i think further range than ents but can do the same damage AND do a slowing attack
Leviathon is the deadliest not sprite god

 
Flag Post

I’ve gotten this bug a few times, and now it has decided to do it continuously.


Whenever I get this, I can only move in about a 4 square radius, can’t shoot, use specials, or see anything but other players.

Is there any way I can fix/stop it?
I am using google chrome, most recent build, most recent flash, recent everything, etc. I have everything up to date, and it is still doing this.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Fellway:

I’ve gotten this bug a few times, and now it has decided to do it continuously.


Whenever I get this, I can only move in about a 4 square radius, can’t shoot, use specials, or see anything but other players.

Is there any way I can fix/stop it?
I am using google chrome, most recent build, most recent flash, recent everything, etc. I have everything up to date, and it is still doing this.

I think that is just lag. Happens to me a few times, but nothing a refresh wont fix

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by drakelord2:

Dakelordd2s mini guide to realm gods
(correct me if im wrong or miss any out)
Going from most famous/annoying:

Sprite god:Big hitting and far range moving quickly around them (mind sorroundings!) can give you the time to kill it

Medusa:The bane of melee classes a nasty 90 damage per bullet always have a priest with you if you arnt skilled at god killing!

Leviathon:If realm of the mad god had a machine gun this is what it would look like it spams bullets doing 60 damage each in 3 directions and in the other 3 they shoot 80 damage bullets but not as much as the weaker bullets

Ent god:This is why you should let dwarf kings live! not very far range but around 70 a bullet (not sure on that) a caster can make quick work of them

Evil eye:Shoots in random directions and shoots purple bullets that cause no damage but blind its bullets are easy to spot when blind so this guy isnt that hard

Flying brain:This god dosent think about attacking adventurers does 70 a bullet but easy to dodge anything can kill this fellow

White demon:With the words “Kill me” on its forhead this is the easiest god to kill 40 damage a bullet and shoots around 20 spread out bullets even a lvl 1 could kill it (Not advisable!!!)

Suggested god farming classes: Necro Priest Harry Sorc(?) (Wizard) Assassain Trickster (If skilled) Archer and Huntress
Alright:Paladin Rogue
Suicidal god farming classes: Warrior Knight Mystic

You have not taken maxed stats in mind. And your guide is so, so completely wrong. I’m saying this cause my maxed out knight can take so many hits from almost any god. If there is any god I would think is tedious to kill, then it’s the white god as it pierces armor.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Nokom:
Originally posted by drakelord2:

Dakelordd2s mini guide to realm gods
(correct me if im wrong or miss any out)
Going from most famous/annoying:

Sprite god:Big hitting and far range moving quickly around them (mind sorroundings!) can give you the time to kill it

Medusa:The bane of melee classes a nasty 90 damage per bullet always have a priest with you if you arnt skilled at god killing!

Leviathon:If realm of the mad god had a machine gun this is what it would look like it spams bullets doing 60 damage each in 3 directions and in the other 3 they shoot 80 damage bullets but not as much as the weaker bullets

Ent god:This is why you should let dwarf kings live! not very far range but around 70 a bullet (not sure on that) a caster can make quick work of them

Evil eye:Shoots in random directions and shoots purple bullets that cause no damage but blind its bullets are easy to spot when blind so this guy isnt that hard

Flying brain:This god dosent think about attacking adventurers does 70 a bullet but easy to dodge anything can kill this fellow

White demon:With the words “Kill me” on its forhead this is the easiest god to kill 40 damage a bullet and shoots around 20 spread out bullets even a lvl 1 could kill it (Not advisable!!!)

Suggested god farming classes: Necro Priest Harry Sorc(?) (Wizard) Assassain Trickster (If skilled) Archer and Huntress
Alright:Paladin Rogue
Suicidal god farming classes: Warrior Knight Mystic

You have not taken maxed stats in mind. And your guide is so, so completely wrong. I’m saying this cause my maxed out knight can take so many hits from almost any god. If there is any god I would think is tedious to kill, then it’s the white god as it pierces armor.

btw for guide, flying brain does 50dps/shot and the ‘evil eye’ is called a beholder and it does not shoot random shots.

 
Flag Post

Comt’s guide to killing rotmg Gods ( for staff classes and wands. Swords and daggers may have a better way to kill gods, as I am not experienced with them.)

Medusa-An annoying god but easy to kill if its on its own. Just strafe it.

Sprite God-Just move in and strafe.

Leviathan-Go between the three way bullet spam and keep your distance.

Ent god- This god has a tracker movment so strafing WILL NOT WORK. Try keep swapping directions once your in its range

Beholder-Just dodge the shots and kill it.

Slime God- Strafe and try to avoid the slow bullets. Be ready to back away from this god.

God horde- When you encounter a horde of gods that are coming after you, nexus if your a fresh lvl 20 or under mellee class. If ur not back away slowly, just enough to stay away from getting hit and shoot back at where you came from.

Flying Brain-Same as beholder. Dodge and pew pew.

White Demon-This god has been nerfed. its easy now to just go in and kill it. Again dodge and pew pew.

(I hold no responsibility for any losses you have while using these techniques. Blame yourself)

 
Flag Post

btw my guide was for starters havent had a maxed stat char yet so sorry for maxed chars (ive been testing paladin also and its quite easy to 3 hit a god while under the seal effect so go ahead :) )

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by drakelord2:

btw my guide was for starters havent had a maxed stat char yet so sorry for maxed chars (ive been testing paladin also and its quite easy to 3 hit a god while under the seal effect so go ahead :) )

If a person is maxed you would think they would know how to kill lowly gods. – _ -

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by comt101:
Originally posted by Fellway:

I’ve gotten this bug a few times, and now it has decided to do it continuously.


Whenever I get this, I can only move in about a 4 square radius, can’t shoot, use specials, or see anything but other players.

Is there any way I can fix/stop it?
I am using google chrome, most recent build, most recent flash, recent everything, etc. I have everything up to date, and it is still doing this.

I think that is just lag. Happens to me a few times, but nothing a refresh wont fix

I’ve tried refreshing, many times, to no avail.
I can do anything in Nexus, but the second that I enter any game realm, it does this. After a few minutes, it will go back to the start screen (with big Oryx) and it will give me a “lost connection to the server” error, even though I can obviously get on the server ( I was just in Nexus before entering the realm). It has been doing this to me for a few days, and every once in a while, I can get into a realm normally, but it is only once at a time, and then it ‘locks me out’ for a few hours…