[Guide] Realm of the Mad God F.A.Q. page 12

475 posts

Flag Post

’’here’s a question-so one day i got invited to this guild demon hold and thought “why not” and joined .it’s been a while and crazers who is also a member asked me how i liked my new rank.confused i looked in the guild hall and found out i am an officer.so can somone please explain to me how i got to be one and what it means?

Flag Post

you must of been nice and fun to battle with and what officers do is they get to demote and promote other players except you and higher ranks but dont misuse it or youll get demoted im a officer so i know i havent got demoted yet though rember dont beg for a higher rank

Flag Post

heres another question, why do i keep dying when i click, “escape to nexus”? it once happened when i clicked escape to nexus and when i was leaving, and the horned drake killed me AFTER i clicked escape to nexus. any help?

Flag Post

Your computer probably lagged. Mine does that too, it’s frustrating

Flag Post

When you are looking at everyone in the guild, there is a number and a icon of an orange cross. What is that orange cross? Btw, It’s not fame, fame is a V shape.

Flag Post

idk i m srry i have no answer

Flag Post
Originally posted by emte:

When you are looking at everyone in the guild, there is a number and a icon of an orange cross. What is that orange cross? Btw, It’s not fame, fame is a V shape.

It’s not, fame, but it’s guild fame.

Flag Post
Originally posted by lucairo123:

’’here’s a question-so one day i got invited to this guild demon hold and thought “why not” and joined .it’s been a while and crazers who is also a member asked me how i liked my new rank.confused i looked in the guild hall and found out i am an officer.so can somone please explain to me how i got to be one and what it means?

it is because ranks higher than u promote u so u become higher rank

Flag Post

how do you get to the “godlands” i cant seem to find out how

Flag Post
Originally posted by super322:

well..you can teleport to the biggest group of level 20’s on the minimap,or you can travel there,how to travel there?Well..not many people do that but if let say you have a red demon for a quest head towards the quest and thats the godlands.

Flag Post

“Godlands” is on center of map, you can travel here quickly by teleporting to a group of level 20 players.

Flag Post
Originally posted by WoG1747:

“Godlands” is on center of map, you can travel here quickly by teleporting to a group of level 20 players.

It’s not always located in the center, all you really have to do is tp to a ganja of lvl 20’s.

Flag Post

How Soulbound loot drop work? i mean, how can i make an mob drop soulbound bag? some said i need to do a certain damage, but how much?

Flag Post

I think it has to do with which mob and maybe your tier? Correct me if im wrong someone

Flag Post

Every time you do damage to a god, you are put into a Random Number Generator. The more damage you do, the higher chance you have for the RNG to give you Soulbound. However, if you Overdamage, then your chance of SB is significantly decreased. Therefore, for the best chance for SB, you have to play in a group, encouraging Co-op in ROTMG

Flag Post

That’s… not at all how it works. Different monsters have a different soulbound threshold, if you do less damage to the monster than this threshold, you can’t get a soulbound drop from it. If you get above this threshold, you have a standard chance of getting a soulbound drop (different drop rates for different items & all that) – how much damage you do over the threshold doesn’t matter, and you generally can’t guarantee a soulbound drop. The exception being some bosses that have guaranteed drops of a stat potion (e.g. Limon drops a guaranteed dex, with a still fairly decent chance of more to other players), so if you’re the only person to qualify for a soulbound drop, you’ll get the guaranteed drops.
Soulbound thresholds are typically a pretty low percentage of a boss’s hp though, so you generally can’t expect to kill a boss fast enough to prevent someone else from qualifying too.

Flag Post
Originally posted by WoG1747:

How Soulbound loot drop work? i mean, how can i make an mob drop soulbound bag? some said i need to do a certain damage, but how much?

Soulbound loot is loot only you can see, thus loot only you can obtain. The only loot bag that is not soulbound is the public bag (the brown one). It looks like a potato and is usually worthless. The bags that are soulbound are the purple ones, light blue, dark blue and white. If you get a white one, you should be pretty happy. :)

You can get soulbound loot by dealing a minimum amount of damage to a mob. All mobs have different soulbound qualification settings. It’s most certainly not true that the more damage you deal, the more chance you have for soulbound. You only need to deal the minimum requirement for the specific mob to be qualified to receive a soulbound. Once you meet this requirement, it’s all upon luck to see what soulbound loot you’ll get (there’s a chance you won’t get anything at all).

Some mobs, primarily boss mobs, always drop soulbound. For example, if you need to hit at least 100 damage on Septavius, and there are two people killing him, obviously they’re both going to qualify for the wisdom potion soulbound. But, there’s a chance that no one will get a wisdom, both will get a wisdom, or only one will get a wisdom. This is all based on luck. This is is the exception in soulbounds. There’s always a very very low chance to get a soulbound if the mob isn’t a boss.

The godlands are the areas in a realm, always located somewhere near the center of the realm, that contain the hardest non-bosses in the game. They can be identified by containing many strong mobs, lava fissures, red demons and black or white floors. You can get there by travelling in one direction to the center of the map or zoom your minimap all the way out and clicking on a group of high levels (20) located in the center. These groups could also be fighting realm bosses, who are much much harder than godland mobs, which is why you should aim for the center.

Originally posted by emte:

The orange cross is your guild’s fame, not your fame. Guild fame is obtained the same way your fame is, but counts for all the fame accumulated for each death of each guild member. If there are 2 people in a guild and one has 100 and the other has 1000, the guild fame would be 1100 (100 + 1000 = 1100). Guild fame is currently only used to purchase upgrades for the guild hall.

In a guild, there are five different ranks a person could have.

1. Founder – This is the creator of the guild, he/she has a golden crown symbol. You can become one by founding a guild or sending a support ticket to WildShadow to make somebody in your guild one (you must be a founder for this, or have good reasoning). They can promote anyone to any rank and kick anyone except for other founders. Founders can also edit the guild board and update the guild hall.

2. Leader – These are one rank below founder and can promote anyone besides founders and kick anyone besides founders/leaders. They have white crowns as symbols. You can become one if the founder promotes you. Leaders can also edit the guild board and update the guild hall.

3. Officer – One step below leader. They have white flag symbols. They can promote initiates to members and kick either as well. Officers can also edit the guild board.

4. Member – The most common rank. These have white sword symbols. They can’t promote or kick anybody.

5. Initiate – The rank you’re given when you first join a guild. The initiate symbol is a green shield. They can’t kick or promote anybody.

Your rank is an officer, which means you have some power. You can edit guild boards and promote good people and kick bad ones.

I feel your pain, RotMG is usually laggy for me. A good fix would be to simply use a hotkey instead of the button because you have to quickly move your mouse to that small button whereas you can tap a button close to you and just exit out of the mess. If you’re still dying too much, just be extra cautious and nexus at about 20% HP. Make sure your computer isn’t lagging, either, because this is what causes many deaths.

Originally posted by Dragon912:

What is the most common class that people use?

The most common class is easily the Wizard. Tt’s the first class available to beginners and is preferred by many DPS lovers. Due to its 75 att and 75 dex capacity, along with a staff weapon (two projectiles in one blast and far range), it can deal lost of damage to anything in a few seconds. But, the main reason for the Wizard being the most common is because it’s the only class available to beginners.

Flag Post

I really wonder how long did lost sinner had to type that comment..:3

Flag Post

I didn’t edit for grammar so about 10 minutes.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

another question what is the best thing to do if you want to find a particular person? now they have made me a leader of my guild but i have literally never been level 20 and the closest thing to a god i have ever killed are some ent ancients and liches so i definetly don’t feel ready to be in such a high position in the guild.since the founder of demon hold is the one who promoted me and the only one who can demote me i need to find him and explain that i would rather stick with bein an officer until i am slightly less of a noob. i have tried just playing and hoping i bump into him for a few days but i haven’t seen him.

Flag Post

another question what is the best thing to do if you want to find a particular person? now they have made me a leader of my guild but i have literally never been level 20 and the closest thing to a god i have ever killed are some ent ancients and liches so i definetly don’t feel ready to be in such a high position in the guild.since the founder of demon hold is the one who promoted me and the only one who can demote me i need to find him and explain that i would rather stick with bein an officer until i am slightly less of a noob. i have tried just playing and hoping i bump into him for a few days but i haven’t seen him.

First off, I’d like to say it’s good that you accept your current talent in the game. Most people believe they’re the best players ever when you never know. Also, if you find that the founder has promoted you for no reason, then you know that you’re not in a top guild. Guilds like yours are usually the ordinary ones so there’s nothing to be patronized for by anybody. Now to answer your question, you can use the /tell function. Simply type in (without the quotation marks) "/tell (name of message receiver) (your message). So if you’re founder’s name is, let’s say something random like apple, and you want to say hi to him, you’d do /tell apple hi. It will appear in blue text bubbles for you and for apple and blue in the chat history. The good part about this is that if your receiver isn’t online, then you’ll get a message saying they aren’t on. If they are, it will be sent to them from anywhere around RotMG. It’s a good way to check if someone is online. Lastly, it won’t work for unregistered names.

Flag Post

whats the best way to get to level 20?

Flag Post

I usually don’t tell this ‘secret’ method (which many people know) to people, but I guess it’s an exception here on Kong.

Short answer – Find a godlands train in EUWest2, and help kill the gods. The direction of the train is determined by the players at the front of the train (primarily knights) and boundaries that indicate the end of the godlands (grass).

Long answer – Find a godlands train in EUWest2 (see what I did there?). You may need some reasons to go here if you’re a person like me. You may ask, why this server? Well, it’s because of history and present. No one actually knows why it’s this server, but people say it’s because of the popular players that visit this server. For example, MAFIA members like Kalle, Lore, Dalla, XDalla, etc, go here to farm their fame. And where they go, people go! So whenever they want to start a train they’d just get their popular friends together and start killing gods. In a few minutes, the entire realm is in the same train. Another reason for this is that McKellen, a respected and skilled RotMG player, made a train something called ‘Fluffy Train of Doom’ (I’m not sure if that’s the exact name). He posted a thread about it on RotMG and since everyone likes him, they all supported his idea. Whenever he gave a signal that the train was on, everyone would go to the fullest realm in EUWest2 and destroy gods there. Since then, EUWest2 became like the ‘fame farming’ server in the game.

I just gave you a simple and fast way to get to level 20. There are always other ways too, like actually killing mobs yourself or with friends. Hope this helps.

Flag Post

You’re actually very wrong there.

The very fastest way to lvl up is by your quest. Killing a god at lvl 1 gives you 5 exp, while killing a scorp queen at lvl 1 gives you just about 20. Godlands give you good items, but they aren’t the fastest way to level up. 15 levels plus, sure, glands, it will give you decent exp there and you’re not in too much danger. The problem with glands trains is, aside from that, every single train I have seen has this accompanying it: “___ died at lvl 1 by a Medusa. ____ died at lvl 5 from a Slime God. ___ died at lvl 11 by a Sprite God” and so on. No matter how big, about 1 seventh of the people will die. Also it is annoying for people like me, who aren’t pros, but prefer to solo glands. Why do we want to? You die less. But thats a different subject.

Still, training is a popular way to do it, as not many people actually realize how inefficient it is.. You get to lvl 20, sure, but then you have to get items, and also you could have done it quicker just with quests.