[Guide] RotMG Kongregate Community Guide?

131 posts

Flag Post

I’m thinking since as so far, this community seems more mature then the usual people in other Game Forums, I thought maybe we could all put together some detailed help for amateurs and experts alike, info about dungeons, etc.

Flag Post

yes please, so far i enjoy a game, a guide taking me to the next level would be appreciated.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DragonArcherZ:

I’m thinking since as so far, this community seems more mature then the usual people in other Game Forums, I thought maybe we could all put together some detailed help for amateurs and experts alike, info about dungeons, etc.

+1 on this. good idea. i am a newbie at that game.

Flag Post

1. youre suppose to die to rank up
2. bind the nexus with nearby keys…like E or F
3.stay near the beach for a while so you can scavenge starter weps and armor
4.save the upper 4 of your slots for health
5.save the lower slots for items that belongs to other classes (so you can trade in the nexus)
6.you will be given 1 free vault in the nexus…use it to store up on weapons and stuff
7.neve EVER teleport to random people…or you will get your ass kicked
thats it for now…:P

Flag Post

There’s a golden armoured guy near the nexus spawn, walk up to him and change your name for free!, FOR ONCE.

Flag Post

How I became successful at this game:

1. Start off slow. Crazy slow. As in pirate caves and cubes until level 10 or so (unless you have a big group)
2. Accumulate weapons and armor for your class by doing step 1
3. Get duplicates of these weapons and armor by repeating step 2
4. Store the duplicates in your vault, so that if you die, you can get a quick headstart by having better gear (equips count for most of the early stat increases except max hp/mp)
Most of all try to conserve armor. This is crucial because a level 20 with no armor still has zero defense. Def is only increased via equipment, as opposed to other stats.
5. Keep doing this making sure you have duplicates of your current tier before moving on to more challenging monsters. Seems time consuming, but less so than dying over and over again.
6. If you’re going to change classes after your next death, accumulate weapons in advance for that class to make a smooth transition

Miscellaneous info:
-Center of the map is where all the big baddies are. Use your mousewheel on the map to see the full map and know how little you’ve explored. take note of where you are and if you’re accidentally getting closer to dangerous areas (center)
-Exp train= (usually huge) Group of people running around making exp as simple as keeping up with the group. Be careful that their not training in a dangerous area for your level (i.e. close to the center of the map
-Be wary of teleporting to any random person who says to teleport to them. You may enter the god area and instantly die. :(
-In dangerous areas, be ready to click the return to nexus button, even if it’s a little premature. Better you miss out on some exp rather than die and lose the hour you spent trying to gaining levels

Flag Post

And Never try to talk / loot something when they are powerful monsters / lava around.
(and always keep an eye on your hp bar… and be ready to return to the nexus at any moment… etc.)

Flag Post
Originally posted by PumpkinPies:

How I became successful at this game:

1. Start off slow. Crazy slow. As in pirate caves and cubes until level 10 or so (unless you have a big group)
2. Accumulate weapons and armor for your class by doing step 1
3. Get duplicates of these weapons and armor by repeating step 2
4. Store the duplicates in your vault, so that if you die, you can get a quick headstart by having better gear (equips count for most of the early stat increases except max hp/mp)
Most of all try to conserve armor. This is crucial because a level 20 with no armor still has zero defense. Def is only increased via equipment, as opposed to other stats.
5. Keep doing this making sure you have duplicates of your current tier before moving on to more challenging monsters. Seems time consuming, but less so than dying over and over again.
6. If you’re going to change classes after your next death, accumulate weapons in advance for that class to make a smooth transition

Miscellaneous info:
-Center of the map is where all the big baddies are. Use your mousewheel on the map to see the full map and know how little you’ve explored. take note of where you are and if you’re accidentally getting closer to dangerous areas (center)
-Exp train= (usually huge) Group of people running around making exp as simple as keeping up with the group. Be careful that their not training in a dangerous area for your level (i.e. close to the center of the map
-Be wary of teleporting to any random person who says to teleport to them. You may enter the god area and instantly die. :(
-In dangerous areas, be ready to click the return to nexus button, even if it’s a little premature. Better you miss out on some exp rather than die and lose the hour you spent trying to gaining levels

This is the best advice i’ve seen so far. I walked around the entire map on the beach. i killed about 1900 monsters on that runthru. It said on the wiki guide that the kill to rank is based on xp, and 100kill-1fame ratio. This is wrong because i got only 14 fame.

Flag Post

Alternative to starting slow, while you have nothing to lose (low level and no gear), you can attempt to scavenge off of groups in tougher areas. If your lucky, you get weapons or gear you can use (now or soon), any of which are better then pirate gear, if your unlucky, you didn’t lose much.

Flag Post

When in Exp train heal other and support them anyway you can, that way they are less likely to die and let you alone with gods that would pwn you in seconds

Flag Post

There’s one thing I just can’t figure out. I see people at the Nexus selling items all the time. I have some items I can’t use that I’d like to sell. How do you sell things?

Flag Post

They actually trade items, but they say selling

Flag Post

There are several guides and many more experienced, helpful players on the official forums here.

The wiki is also a good source of information, but it’s severely outdated and in need of love, so information should be checked on the forums first.

Flag Post

bq.“Alternative to starting slow, while you have nothing to lose (low level and no gear), you can attempt to scavenge off of groups in tougher areas. If your lucky, you get weapons or gear you can use (now or soon), any of which are better then pirate gear, if your unlucky, you didn’t lose much.”

(Not sure how to do quotes)

I do this too, though you really have to either vault a lot or know your limit since you can usually go from full hp to dead in a second at lower levels.

Flag Post

Best advice from a veteran player:

You die. A lot. Go into ESC options and change your nexus hotkey to CTRL, TAB, F, or something else easy to reach. It is the single best thing that will save your life.

Until you learn to dodge (and you NEED to learn to dodge) play Priest, maybe Wizard, maybe Archer, maybe Necromancer. Rogue is hard, Warrior/Knight/Paladin suck without good equips and stat potions, and the rest of the classes are generally inferior. Mystic is very hard to use well, Sorcerer needs to be potted to be effective, Trickster is pathetic and Assassin’s use is situational, now less so that Pentas have been moved out of water.

But my #1 tip: Use the WIKI.

http://forums.wildshadow.com/wiki/realm-mad-god

Particularly note the Equipment and Classes section. Item tiers determine their value; items are tiered from T0 to T12, and ANYTHING LESS THAN T8 IS WORTHLESS. Don’t hoard it, only collect for the class you have and possibly the next class you plan for. The borderline of tradable value is T8 weapons/armour, T4 (Paramount) rings, and T4 Ability items. Because the games trading system is entirely player-to-player, items below these have next to no value and you will have a hard time selling them. Also, it annoys people who are trying to sell/buy items of tradable value.

From there, practice, a lot. Don’t go near the Godlands before level 15 or so. Try to find a large group of people running around on its outskirts. You run faster on roads. Further inland generally means harder monsters.

Follow the quest markers on your screen, they give the best experience, particularly Ent Ancients.

That’s about all I got for now.

Flag Post

I don’t see this here, so: Your EXP gain is limited to 10% of the max you need to your next level, except for bosses, which is limited to slightly more. Therefore, sitting around in godlands as a low level WILL level you more slowly than slaughtering cubes. As a quick reference, at level 9 you’re limited to 95 exp per kill, so killing flayers (IF you can do so reliably, i.e. have a good weapon) is now a valid method of leveling.

Flag Post
Originally posted by NeoAlpha:

There are several guides and many more experienced, helpful players on the official forums here.

The wiki is also a good source of information, but it’s severely outdated and in need of love, so information should be checked on the forums first.

Yeah, but it feels more at home when it’s at Kong, more comfortable as you don’t feel like an outsider you know?

Anyway, we should start cobbling stuff together. So, general intro guide first, then get into more detail etc. hotkey nexus, diff dungeons, misc. facts.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DragonArcherZ:
Originally posted by NeoAlpha:

Yeah, but it feels more at home when it’s at Kong, more comfortable as you don’t feel like an outsider you know?

Anyway, we should start cobbling stuff together. So, general intro guide first, then get into more detail etc. hotkey nexus, diff dungeons, misc. facts.

I can understand that, though I don’t see it that way because I was playing before it came to Kong. It seems like a few threads were stickied, those would be a good place to start gathering info :).

Flag Post

does anyone have any good potion collecting stradgities? i’m trying to max my first charactor and after 2 days of god killing and trading, i haven’t gotten ONE stat potion.

Flag Post
Originally posted by wantedbandit:

does anyone have any good potion collecting stradgities? i’m trying to max my first charactor and after 2 days of god killing and trading, i haven’t gotten ONE stat potion.

stat pots mostly come form soul bound drops of which you do the most damage and if its soulbound no one else can grab it so you must either not be doing enough damage to the god or extremely un-lucky cause pots are not that hard to get

Flag Post

Ok, thanks for the reply

Flag Post

low lvls should be cautious in deserts because there are crazy desert spawns, so even high lvls should go to deserts

Flag Post

Already set up a thread for this. Also ima, it’s not hard to survive in the desert, you’d be best to spam specials and mana potions and get a lot of xp.

Flag Post

I don’t get why my new priest who’s lvl 12 got a soulbound drop in the godlands..lol he only had a missile wand. He did get a atk pot though :D

Flag Post

Although I agree with Pumpkinpies and that is a great strategy for beginners as soon as I spawned in the first realm I chose I immediately went inland this got me to Lvl 3 rather quickly and then I simply just continued on from there. My first attempt resulted in me reaching Lvl 11 and although the strategy I used was dangerous it was also quick and effective.